What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macquarie sports radio

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Devo by this, it was a great station... from the Boys in the morning to the afternoon Jame Willis slot it was 70% League. Plus good banter and just easy to listen too.

Even fair play to the AFL boys in the arvo did their best to learn and cover plenty of League also.

I just don’t think they advertised it enough up here in Sydney. Really didn’t capitalise enough I’m sure there has to be a market for an all sport station.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
After a pretty terrible start when it was 90% AFL content it had been pretty good for most of this year. I couldn’t stand Levy in the morning but i had it on quiet a bit during the day. Shame that it’s been cancelled. I wasn’t even aware they called League? What games did they do and who were the commentators?

I really liked MSR - as said by some, when you're interstate as I used to be a lot for work, was great to listen to in order to get good NRL coverage. And it wasnt tripe either.

The media has a long history or programs that have gone by the wayside trying to cater for both the codes, none have ever been good in my eyes because they flcik between the two all-too quickly - such as The Back Page (post-Gibbo & Birminghham days). This one got it right (even though it was a full radio station, not a show), giving quality time to sports as they deserved.

I've moved to Adelaide recently and so need to rely on the net or Fox for my fix now. Now sadly there's nothing in the radio I can tune into when driving around.

Brutus

Referee
They still seem to be running some shows.

The station definitely took note of feedback and improved as a result.

Shame to see it go.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They still seem to be running some shows.

The station definitely took note of feedback and improved as a result.

Shame to see it go.

Yeah what’s the go? I thought it was completely gone but a lot of the shows are still there

Delboy

First Grade
Strange really, the breakfast show was the one most people in Sydney appeared to listen to and talked about, took that off and now it's filled with results and some numpties in the post breakfast show talking about AFL, stopped listening once that became the norm

Still listen to Roy & HG on Just short of a length, mainly on podcast anyway. Geez those guys have remained absolutely brilliant throughout their careers.

I hope they find a new home somewhere, I'm sure they will at some point with a new show title and they will have me p!ssing my pants again as aways.

blue bags

First Grade
Still listen to Roy & HG on Just short of a length, mainly on podcast anyway. Geez those guys have remained absolutely brilliant throughout their careers.

I hope they find a new home somewhere, I'm sure they will at some point with a new show title and they will have me p!ssing my pants again as aways.
roy hg are on the radio still. they have a show on ABC grandstand. live now

Last edited: