What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Dog's Stomp on Tooveyin 1997 GF

Patorick

Staff member
Just saw it again.

How anyone can say it wasn't deliberate is beyond me.

He fair dinkum looked down to see where Toovey was and then went "stomp".

With spikes.

This is not sour grapes and I'm not trying to take anything away from Newcastle's win, but in my view MacDougall should have been sent from the field.

It it happened in an NRL game today, you'd be reading about it non-stop.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Azkatro

First Grade
Just saw it again.

How anyone can say it wasn't deliberate is beyond me.

He fair dinkum looked down to see where Toovey was and then went "stomp".

With spikes.

This is not sour grapes and I'm not trying to take anything away from Newcastle's win, but in my view MacDougall should have been sent from the field.

It it happened in an NRL game today, you'd be reading about it non-stop.

Rant over.
Everybody knew it was deliberate. But because it was Toovey nobody minded.

Spud

Juniors
Macdougall shouldn't have been there anyway should he? Wasn't he on steroids during this period?

So was O'Davis and the the hooker (can't remember name). Plus Joey on recreational drugs. I am surprised Newcastle were allowed to keep that premiership.

Mr Saab

Referee
Phil Sigsworth should not have been sent off in 1986 for his tackle on Kenny. Mick Stone over reacted and should have given a penalty.

Terry Lamb should have been sent off in 1988 for his hit on Ellery. Mick Stone needed glasses. What were the touchies doing?

Rant over....felt like going back in time.

Patorick

Staff member
So was O'Davis and the the hooker (can't remember name). Plus Joey on recreational drugs. I am surprised Newcastle were allowed to keep that premiership.

You're thinking of either Stephen Crowe. Or Wayne Richards. It's hard to keep up...

Regardless, Bill Peden played hooker that day, with Lee Jackson (one of Joey's favorites) off the bench.

perverse

Referee
lol, jealously is such a curse...

i wish toovey was still playing so mad dog could do it again. manly scum.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
one of the greatest grand finals of all time. 11 years on and people can still feel it, and we're still talking about it.
If it wasn't for the spectacular finish, and the fact that it was during the Super League, it would be a blight on the history of Rugby League.
- 3 Players later found guilty of STEROID use - Robbie O'Davis was one who scored 2 tries in the game and was one of Newcastles best. Lets not forget another drug cheat Andrew Johns who probably should not have been there.
- Half competition. Lets face it Brisbane would have murdered Manly or Newcastle.

MSIH

Bench
Don't know about murdered. That Manly side was very solid, and if there was no Super League we still would've had Ridge.

Brisbane v Manly would've been a sweet, sweet GF.

perverse

Referee
If it wasn't for the spectacular finish, and the fact that it was during the Super League, it would be a blight on the history of Rugby League.
- 3 Players later found guilty of STEROID use - Robbie O'Davis was one who scored 2 tries in the game and was one of Newcastles best. Lets not forget another drug cheat Andrew Johns who probably should not have been there.
- Half competition. Lets face it Brisbane would have murdered Manly or Newcastle.
your tears taste so sweet. every time a manly fan cries an angel gets it's wings, a puppy is born, god kills a kitten, and my penis becomes erect.

needless to say, i get a LOT of boners.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
your tears taste so sweet. every time a manly fan cries an angel gets it's wings, a puppy is born, god kills a kitten, and my penis becomes erect.

needless to say, i get a LOT of boners.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear HB, you really are a jealous bunch on the northern beaches aren't you?

Mr Saab

Referee

Let the Manly Newcastle war begin...again