What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 06

Razor

Coach
Martli said:
Do you actually play football???? How do you do that with one person?

"Pass it to me"

Same as the other games that have that. Although the other games you can only play as 1 player for a game or season (not a career).

You play as that player. You can pass it if you want and then a computer controlled player gets the ball. There is a call button where you can call for the ball, but whether you get the ball or not is up to the "player" controlled by the computer. Just like in real-life. Players call for the ball, but don't always get it.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It isn't bad. I question why the game is tagged as Year of the QB, when offense was far easier in 2005...you know, the one where Defence wins Championships....

yeah the game is awesome i was losing 10-0 at the end of the first quater and 10-7 at h/t i came back and won 23-10 thanx too there half who chocked so bad lol he got sacked 5 times in the 4th go the dolphins :D

also i recommend NHL 2006 this is the best Ice Hockey game ever
game pro rated it 9.5/10 and i would agree

Jono Russell

Bench
i have allways been a big fan of the espn nfl games but this year i thought id buy the madden game as well and whilst it has some good features it is still its same old long loading boring old game after the first 2 seasons. Atleast espn 2k5 and soon to be 2k6 has a weekly tv show that has highlight of each game and outlines every teams injuries and big news.

Madden 2006 6/10 at best (think i should have brought the new afl game instead)

sideburnmania

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
Atleast espn 2k5 and soon to be 2k6 has a weekly tv show that has highlight of each game and outlines every teams injuries and big news.
Give me gameplay over presentation anyday.

sideburnmania

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
also i recommend NHL 2006 this is the best Ice Hockey game ever
game pro rated it 9.5/10 and i would agree

Yes, this is a very good game. A big improvement over 2005. The games are probably a bit high scoring for my liking but that's my only major gripe.

The left analog deking is awesome, the right anlog shot stick have some great looking animations and when playing on defense it encourages you to play good position and look to intercept the puck instead of just body checking all the time.

Paullyboy

Coach
All I can say is...anyone with Madden 2005 has already got 99% of Madden 2006.

This is possibly the worst performance in the history of EA, and Im aware of their rugby and cricket efforts. Sure the game is good - but its EXACTLY THE SAME as 2005. There is 3 minor differences. That boring superstar mode which has about 5 minutes of gameplay before its old, the hitstick on offence and QB vision - which are nice - but you are telling me its taken them 12 months to add that to the game? Because they sure as hell didnt change anything else. The franchise mode is absoultely identical, I thought id accidentally put the 2005 disk in thats how ridiculous it is.

This is definately the last time I buy madden. After all Ive got 2007 already.

McLovin

Staff member
I didnt know what to expect when buying this. The only NFL game ive been playing is NFL 2K3. I can tell you right now that as far as actual football gameplay is concerned my 3 year old 2K3 is probably on par with Madden 06.

sideburnmania

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
All I can say is...anyone with Madden 2005 has already got 99% of Madden 2006.

This is possibly the worst performance in the history of EA, and Im aware of their rugby and cricket efforts. Sure the game is good - but its EXACTLY THE SAME as 2005. There is 3 minor differences. That boring superstar mode which has about 5 minutes of gameplay before its old, the hitstick on offence and QB vision - which are nice - but you are telling me its taken them 12 months to add that to the game? Because they sure as hell didnt change anything else. The franchise mode is absoultely identical, I thought id accidentally put the 2005 disk in thats how ridiculous it is.

This is definately the last time I buy madden. After all Ive got 2007 already.

Are you out of your mind? The vision cone would have taken a lot of time to implement and it's done very well. The other additions that are handy include o-line shifting adjustements, hot route blocking for TE's and HB's. Or don't you bother to use these? Don't forget the new addition of man lock so you can disguise zone defenses which initially look man to man. And the smart routes are very useful. If you are say 3rd and 10, you hot route like normal, but move the right analog stick down of your desired receiver. This will extened your recievers route beyond the first down marker. Small but very handy. EA have pretty much done everything they can on the current generation of consoles.

I agree the superstar mode is a bit meh but with some tweaking it could be good.

And the QB vision cone is a MASSIVE addition, not a minor addition. It takes time to get used to it but heck I love it.It totally changes the way you play the game.

Madden 2005, 99% of 06? Seriously, you have dead set got rocks in your head.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
hot route blooking for TE and running backs has been in since at least 2003.

its true that this game is basically a slight up update since 05..which is ok cause they seem to have fixed alot of the problems in 05...but still its a shame that EA have exclusive rights to the NFL..although the 2k2 team have said they play to release a football game on next gen this year!!

nhl 2006 is apparently 10 times better than nhl 2k6 nhl 2k6 is full of glitches u cant even win t he stanley cup its freezes just before

though i just created a player in nfl 06 made him a 100 in everything and i still cant compete a pass with out some idiot fumbles there everywhere and very annoying

Mal Meninga

Bench
if anyone hasnt got it yet(myself included) go to jb hi fi. They're selling it for $74. And if you believe that 2006 is 2005+crap features than go get 2005 selling for $35. Both new.

Latest posts