What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 06

Paullyboy

Coach
sideburnmania said:
Are you out of your mind? The vision cone would have taken a lot of time to implement and it's done very well. The other additions that are handy include o-line shifting adjustements, hot route blocking for TE's and HB's. Or don't you bother to use these? Don't forget the new addition of man lock so you can disguise zone defenses which initially look man to man. And the smart routes are very useful. If you are say 3rd and 10, you hot route like normal, but move the right analog stick down of your desired receiver. This will extened your recievers route beyond the first down marker. Small but very handy. EA have pretty much done everything they can on the current generation of consoles.

I agree the superstar mode is a bit meh but with some tweaking it could be good.

And the QB vision cone is a MASSIVE addition, not a minor addition. It takes time to get used to it but heck I love it.It totally changes the way you play the game.

Madden 2005, 99% of 06? Seriously, you have dead set got rocks in your head.

As was pointed out by 2k2, the hot route's have been around for years, as has man lock on defence - well it was in 05 anyway thats for sure.

Shifting o-line is handy, but not really necessary, all you have to do is switch your play to the other side of the field if they are stacking one side.

As for teh QB vision cone thing, yes its good as i said, but its really not that good. It makes defending ridiculously easy. Sacks and picks are so easy because you know what player is needed in the pass play, everyone else can move up and blitz.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I've seen Madden mostly for $80+ but anyway...

So it's not worth getting?? I love rebuilding teams through the draft and the sim engine plays a huge part in the first few seasons.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Mal Meninga said:
I've seen Madden mostly for $80+ but anyway...

So it's not worth getting?? I love rebuilding teams through the draft and the sim engine plays a huge part in the first few seasons.

In franchise mode, there isn't too much change.

There are only really the new uniforms and this years roster changes. It's your call.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeah if you are like me and franchise mode is what you care about, dont waste your money. Very dissapointing.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Damnit, i've got the HSC to do in a few weeks I think and I want to get a new football game! Is their a NFL 2k6 coming out or did easports buy them out?
How disappointing that theyve made no changes to franchise mode except genius up the sim engine.

Paullyboy

Coach
Im just giving my 2 cents, and if I were you, Id play on with the 05 model.

I remember reading somewhere that some people only buy madden every 2 years, because they generally have a big improvement, then the next year just add something minor, then a big improvement, then something minor the following year etc.

This year would definately fall into the minor category.

McLovin

Staff member
From what im hearing, there aint gonna be no NFL 2K6 this year. Or was that NBA 2K6...????

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The 2k2 team have annoucned that they plan to release a Football game towards the end of this year for the next gen systems.

if it happens ill be one happy customer lol.

sideburnmania

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
The 2k2 team have annoucned that they plan to release a Football game towards the end of this year for the next gen systems.

if it happens ill be one happy customer lol.

Why? The physics are terrible and the players run like they have a pole stuck up their ass. The only thing ESPN 2k had over Madden was the presentation and like I've said before, give me gameplay over presentation anyday.

McLovin

Staff member
I love how Madden realizes the speed factor. In 2k games i'd have Randy Moss being run down in the open field by some linebacker. Now when Moss is open hes a sure chance to go all the way...

McLovin

Staff member
I also love how the ground announcer and commentator say my name, for example:

Madden: "Connell is widely regarded as one of the most accurate passers in the game"

Ground announcer: "Connell with the 6 yard gain"

I love it...

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
sideburnmania said:
Why? The physics are terrible and the players run like they have a pole stuck up their ass. The only thing ESPN 2k had over Madden was the presentation and like I've said before, give me gameplay over presentation anyday.

honestly id just about whip anyone in madden... the 2k2 series havent been around for that long and people are already saying that its either slightly better, equal or just below..none the less, they have done something that EA hasnt..which is actually try and make each game completly new.

Madden has been the same for me since probably 2001...You guys probably doubt this lol.

Anyhow if anyone is up for a game of madden on PC (online) just reply..i feel like playing online again lol.

i still can not master the passing system they either drop the ball or it goes out on the full or it gets intercepted ive won 2 in a row of my running game thiis game def has its flaws

edabomb

First Grade
Connell said:
I also love how the ground announcer and commentator say my name, for example:

Madden: "Connell is widely regarded as one of the most accurate passers in the game"

Ground announcer: "Connell with the 6 yard gain"

I love it...

Hows the superstar mode where you play the entire career of one player??

I don't think they'll have the surname Gould in the game :cry:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
joel caine number 1 fan said:
i still can not master the passing system they either drop the ball or it goes out on the full or it gets intercepted ive won 2 in a row of my running game thiis game def has its flaws

This years madden is probably the best madden since it ironed out most of the gameplay problems and the new Vision Cone really turns it into a game of stratergy rather then just mindless football.

The trick is to start off not facing any reciever..so basically eye the middle of the field..then as the play develops scan the recievers..while watching the safties and corners..it gets easy.

My last game online which was 2 days ago..i played as the 49ers for fun..

i won the game 34-3, QB Alex Smith had 243yards passing, 2 TDs, 11 of 13..i got sacked 8times.

Never ever force the pass..thats the biggest mistake..its better to lose 6yards instead of creating a possible turnover.

Also if you use a team with a decent RB, pass in the flats (which are basically from the sideline in line with your offensive line and below) you wont need to move the Vision Cone..you can pass and still land those passes..its good when your under pressure and you cant find a open reciver.

After awhile you will be able to read zones (cover 1, cover 2, cover 3 and etc).

Latest posts