What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 06

skeepe

Immortal
Ron Burgundy said:
Does anyone know the release date of the next Madden? I know its around September but is a date known for Australia?

According to GPStore, August 1st for PC and September 12th for PS2/XBox. Same on Games Warehouse.

Paullyboy

Coach
IanRitchie said:
sh*t! Maybe i will have to get it (i'm so bloody involved in my Madden 2005 franchise).

haha yeah i know the feeling, Im still going strong in my 2005 franchise. Ever since I won 3 superbowls in a row with my vikings I decided to swap to the worst team in the league - who happened to be the Bengals - and im absolutely loving the challenge.

Ill get 06, but probably not untill next year, 05 has just come back alive for me now that its hard again.

skeepe

Immortal
Games Warehouse have revised the release date for PC to August 26th, GPStore still says August 1st. No change for the consoles.

Paullyboy

Coach
I find it hard to believe games wizards would be selling it a week before it comes out in America.

strong_latte

Juniors
Gipper said:
The Superstar mode looks bloody awesome - shame that Rugby games never have these kind of modes in them:

yeah true, but remember that the US is a country with 300 million people and that Gridiron games have been coming out every year for 15 years! Rugby will get there eventually!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
I find it hard to believe games wizards would be selling it a week before it comes out in America.

lol my point exactly.

when it comes to madden we always have crazy dates.

Last year i cant even remember how many times it got delayed..every week it seemed to get pushed back another week.

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
strong_latte said:
yeah true, but remember that the US is a country with 300 million people and that Gridiron games have been coming out every year for 15 years! Rugby will get there eventually!
Not any time soon they wont. EA Sports is the games leader and has been making Madden for a while now and the Rugby League game has 2 games and the first one was one of the worst i have seen.

skeepe

Immortal
Madden will be out August 26th on PC and September 12th on consoles... at least that's the latest line. Another 4 weeks or thereabouts..

Paullyboy

Coach
Ron Burgundy said:
Not any time soon they wont. EA Sports is the games leader and has been making Madden for a while now and the Rugby League game has 2 games and the first one was one of the worst i have seen.

and yet you get charged the same amount for it...

FinalSolution

Juniors
Took the money i had put down for RL2 and bought Madden 06 yesterday.
This game rocks. I like the Newspaper quotes, the EA radio and the franchice mode heaps. Still getting used to taking marks from punts though I either have to make take fair catch or I get hammered as soon as I catch the Ball which 1/2 the time results in a fumble and them scoring.:oops:

sideburnmania

Juniors
FinalSolution said:
Still getting used to taking marks from punts though I either have to make take fair catch or I get hammered as soon as I catch the Ball which 1/2 the time results in a fumble and them scoring.:oops:

Yeah this really sucks. The only way to get some returns on a punt is by selecting 'punt block'. Even here you may only get 5-10 yards but its better than nothing I guess.

FinalSolution

Juniors
sideburnmania said:
Yeah this really sucks. The only way to get some returns on a punt is by selecting 'punt block'. Even here you may only get 5-10 yards but its better than nothing I guess.

Ok Thxs for the tip. Only just discovered you can create your own Super Star. I got drafted in the 3rd Rd by the Dolphins. So his Careers down the toilet before it starts :roll:

Parki

Bench
im interested to know what you guys thoughts are on the quarterback vision.... im starting to really hate it, its near impossible to change views to different players without getting a linebacker in your face... im starting to think "to hell with it, ill turn it off...." but i still want to get anyones thoughts on it before i do that