What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MADDEN 2005 RELEASED !

Paullyboy

Coach
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
create a fan is without a doubt the lowest form of a feature in the history of games...

Yeh when I saw that for the first time I was worried because they were drumming that up as one of the highlights - at that point I had decided to skip buying 05 because obviously not enough improvement was made.

Im still tossing up whether to or not, the changes dont sound very significant

TrotNixon

Juniors
Anyone notice that the biggest change is the way they've stopped players from being able to stop-start on a dime?

Running the ball is really different now. I'm having to adapt...still my Patriots went undefeated.

Like the real Pats are doing right now!

Big Tim

First Grade
Miamiasaurus said:
Picked up the game yesterday, will give my review of game in the coming days. I thought I would post a set of sliders for gamers looking for a realistic game courtesy of www.maddenmania.com

All-Madden - 12 Minute Accelerated Quarters
Auto Avoid OFF - All Other Assists ON
Penalties MAX

All Sliders will be marked HUMAN/CPU with 1-20 being from the left start position to the right.

QB Accuracy - 14/7
Pass Blocking - 20/10
WR Catching - 12/8
RB Ability - 10/20
Run Blocking - 7/20

Awareness - 19/7
Knockdowns - 20/0 (YES ZERO)
Interceptions - 7/6
Break Block - 4/3
Tackling - 8/4

FG Length - 11/8
FG Accuracy - 2/0
Punt Length - 9/20
Punt Accuracy - 20/20
Kickoff Length - 11/12

TIPS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS:

These sliders should be considered for ADVANCED players. If you are not at least an experienced Madden player, odds are these sliders will eat your lunch.

For best substitutions I am using SUB OUT/IN % at 83%-90%.

I am getting tough, realistic games thus far. More later.

Thanks for posting this. I just set all my sliders to this and have had 2 pretty tough games. I am the Skins and was travelling fine at 9 - 0, after I changed the settings I had a 31 - 30 W over Pittsburgh and a 39 - 30 W over the Giants. Games are much more hard fought and I am enjoying playing the game as opposed to just going through the motions.

sunny

imagine if they could make a rugby league game like this.....whoops, that would actually require competence on the part of the makers of a rugby league video game :roll:

Paullyboy

Coach
It would be insane, but having said that NFL is much more suited to be a video game than rugby league is - sorta like in fantasy sports - its as if NFL was designed for fantasy sport, whereas league its no where near as good

sunny

True, but still no excuse for that disgrace of an NRL game that got dished up to us late last year.

Eelectrica

Referee
With regards to Madden, has the free agency AI been improved at all?
With Madden 04 I find it very easy to 'buy' 1st round draft picks by signing up one or two (depending on cap space) quality players in FA to 1 year contracts then trading them for draft picks. :twisted:

camsmith

Juniors
kick? i like the kicking now.. you need to actually put in effort to get the PAT now.. lol ive missed a few :( and the running does seem harder.. but i guess ya just have to get used to it..

TrotNixon

Juniors
Yeah, you can still do that, mate, re: the draft picks.

I just don't do it - but the temptation is there.

And yeah. Running the ball is v difficult.

ScreamingJet

sunny said:
True, but still no excuse for that disgrace of an NRL game that got dished up to us late last year.

Whilst I haven't played my copy of NRL since Xmas I'm still glad a company released something for League fans. Madden has been around since around '91 and has a fanbase in the Millions so the money is there to develop it. NRL was definitely flawed... but they has never stopped EA from releasing bogus product (eg: Fifa 04).

I was disappointed with Madden '04... actually that reminds me... to those who have Madden '05, have they included a soundtrack as effing annoying as 2004's? Jesus that was bad.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Maddenballers

I am still slider testing before starting my franchise. I in the coming days will post some more user friendly sliders that give out realistic scores, stats etc. The sliders originally posted are more for the advances Madden gamer as quoted.

Happy gaming!

First Impressions

* Gameplay has improved
* DB AI which was horrible in previous versions has improved
* Graphics IMO are an improvement though they have dropped on 2003 edition IMO; no comparion to 2k5
* New features like Tony Bruno show are brilliant IMO
* Franchise mode after a brief flick through looks awesome
* Running game is more challenging / rewarding

For the minute, the above will do. As I said, I have been busy perfecting sliders for a more realistic game. I will share soon..

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Yeh the running game is tough, just before after nearly two weeks of playing i just broke a 30 yard run!

John_Travolta

Juniors
PMFSL@CREATE A FAN, I got the game today, and smashed the comp I`ve given up punting, I ran a 73 yard slant to the left side of the scrimmage and this assclown Roy Williams tackled Ahman Green just b4 the goaline and f**kt him up nicely out for 8 weeks with a fractured leg HAHAHA. First game I get an serious injury, typical ME.

Troy

sunny

ScreamingJet, I'm not saying EA is totally immune to putting out shite, just making the point that the rugby league game was the worst game i've ever played in anything. atrocious.

Paullyboy

Coach
Im very happy that they released that rugby league game, I still play it to this day - the patching that has been done from some people on this forum has made it a LOT more playable - and the fact is Id play anything rugby league

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
ill agree with paully...as far as a first attempt goes it wasnt that bad...although the dam bugs in that game made it look worse it is still a rather playable game when playing against a mate.

its by no means a madden or espn nfl game..