What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2012

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea i dont like the franchise menu but the franchise mode is a definite upgrade and im really enjoying it.

Ive just got into my 2nd season of my trade everyone and draft rookies franchise, im 1-1 after losing to the packers in week 1. My oline is basically all rookies and couldnt contain Clay Matthews at all, ended up keeping my TE in almost every play to block

abpanther

Staff member
It's even more annoying that they've changed the pre-snap controls for audibles, hot routes, etc. Seems like it takes long now to make adjustments, particularly on defense.

Raider did you change your sliders much?

Raider_69

Post Whore
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...dden-12-franchise-sliders-version-3-1-a.html?
I started with the settings in that link and, ive just been adjusting on the go
the biggest adjustments ive made is increasing the differences in speed, when D Jax got run down by a LB, i knew that had to change

that pretty much fixed the running game being too easy and the LB's reacting too well, ive made subtle adjustments to that, but tbh ive just been doing it on the go, if i were you, id start with those and just play it out and adjust where you think needs it. Its a great starting point i recon

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Can I ask a dumb question raider?

I've been playing Madden for like 10 years but I've never ever adjusted the sliders. On those you posted it says it's done for all-pro level, yet once I've put them in I have to play on custom level, if I change it to all-pro the sliders revert back.

I assume these sliders are set to provide a custom level that mimics all-pro? So then if it gets too easy rather than go to all-madden you just adjust these sliders?

Raider_69

Post Whore
na i adjust the sliders and then play the adjusted sliders on all pro or madden, the sliders should stay as is on different level settings

abpanther

Staff member
But when I change the sliders it automatically changes the difficulty level to custom, then when I change it back to all-pro/madden the sliders revert back?

Raider_69

Post Whore
sorry dude my bad, was still fairly under the weather haha,
yeah once you adjust the sliders, you just play on custom

has anyone managed to pick up gun UDFA's? I got a bloke called Veneer who came to me in camp and is now a 91 over all CB. Sometimes lucky is better than cheating :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Just had a pretty epic game with CJ, i was the eagles he was the texans

i had first use, went 3 and out, then he marched it up the field with Foster breaking off huge gains, to take the lead 7-0.
Next possession i had D-jax clear (a sign of things to come) but vick didnt get enough air on it and the trailing CB picked it and returned it to the house. 14-0...

Noticing a nice match up, i went right back to d-jax and on a crossing route he wound his way through, what cj would concede was ordinary defense for a 70 yard TD. 14-7 texans

From there it became the Foster Jackson show... I managed to force him to punt after finally stopping Foster and again on my next series got the favourable match up and got Djax on another 70 yard td catch 14-14

On the stroke of halftime Nate Allen took an INT but the eagles couldnt take advantage

After halftime CJ hit back with more Foster gashing my pathetic run D and he strolled in to take a 21-14 lead. On my next series, seriously can someone try covering DeSean Jackson, he broke away for another HUGE gain and put me inside the 10 where McCoy punched it in for a nice TD

Things got a bit tight then as we both traded no scoring drives and then with 2 minutes left and no time outs the texans marched into my territory, and ultimately into my 5. Knowing with no time outs, they could milk the clock, i tried to give myself as much time as possible so audiabled into a pass D and let Foster stroll in for another TD. 28-21 with 55 seconds left.

Vick gets Smith for 19 on a 3rd and 15, then Avant for 20 on the next, and with 20 seconds left on the clock Vick finds Maclin for a 40 yard TD and he puts it in the endzone with 12 seconds remaining. 27-28 Texans

and then i gambled... decided im didnt want to risk OT and went for it....

NO good, texans win.
Great game though!

Foster ended up with 198 yards and i think 3 TD's, maybe 4
and Jackson had 234 yard on 4 rec and 2 tds

Paullyboy

Coach
It's even more annoying that they've changed the pre-snap controls for audibles, hot routes, etc. Seems like it takes long now to make adjustments, particularly on defense.

That's my big gripe as well, it seems like they had a good thing and ruined it for the sake of making it look new.

I don't understand the massive outcry around the internet about the menus though, they are essentially the exact same options (which were also bad) in a slightly different layout. It's not like they went from good to bad, they're just as bad as ever.

shasha

Juniors
Has anyone here played NBA 2k12?

I think Madden should really take a leaf out of their 'My Player' mode for the 'My superstar' mode.

It is unreal. I love these types of modes, except Madden's one isn't really special.

In NBA when you create a player you are able to change the types of moves he does (eg, different types of spins, fade aways, jump shots, etc) and then also pick what type of role you have when you pick your position (Eg, 3 point shooter, all round, defender, scorer, ball handler etc). You then play in a rookie showcase and interviewed by the scout of three teams where you have 4 different choices of answers to either excite the team or turn them away from choosing you. They then also go into the draft and show a mock draft and positive's and negative's of your play. The call every player up till your picked (im sure in madden, you would be able to sim through this if you don't do to well and have to wait till later rounds), and also call your name.

Then you negotiate contracts (except for your rookie contract).

Also in madden, if you were drafted by the Texans for example, you always become the starter ahead of Matt Schaub, or any other team. In 2k12 you start off the bench and are given limited minutes to prove yourself, and are able to perform different drills to improve your skills (in madden you can do it through training).

And also in each game you are given objectives and a team mate grade to try to improve as the game goes on and the more you get the more points your recruit to improve your skills.

It is awesome!

And if Madden was to follow this, Superstar mode would be unbelievable experience.

You could even add similar to NCAA 12, finishing your final year of college to improve your draft class prior to playing in the senior bowl.

Would be awesome!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
oh my f**k. my first week of my first franchise with this, my team blocked a field goal.

i have never, ever, seen that before.

Tom155

Coach
ditto had my first blocked fg in m12 af many yrs of playin madden gotten real close a number of other times too

anyone play superstar mode?

Frederick

Staff member
ditto had my first blocked fg in m12 af many yrs of playin madden gotten real close a number of other times too

anyone play superstar mode?

Yeah I've got a couple of superstars going...a RB and a QB. Both in their second season with 99 for every single stat, playing with the sliders that were given earlier in the thread.

Tom155

Coach
Yeah I've got a couple of superstars going...a RB and a QB. Both in their second season with 99 for every single stat, playing with the sliders that were given earlier in the thread.
what team did you got to & drafted in what round?

have a couple going aswell, highest ive been drafted is 2nd overall to the colts with my RB

Frederick

Staff member
One thing that does shit me in superstar mode...has anyone encountered going to save all files, and after it saves your profile instead of saving the superstar it just goes to black and nothing happens and you lose your game? This happens quite often to me and it gives me the shits. I've started saving just the superstar file and That works, but sometimes it'll still go to the black screen afterwards.

This is on ps3 btw.

Frederick

Staff member
what team did you got to & drafted in what round?

have a couple going aswell, highest ive been drafted is 2nd overall to the colts with my RB

My RB was drafted by the steelers in the 2nd or 3rd round I think, been a while since I played it.

My QB was drafted by the Ravens in the 3rd round and played really well in pre-season, then traded myself to the Steelers lol. Lost my first four games then bounced back to take them to the finals with a 10-6 record. Came up against the Ravens week 1, got out to a 35-14 lead by half time, ended up losing 42-38 :fist:

Currently 10-0 in the second season :)

Frederick

Staff member
As far as blocked kicks, best I've managed is a blocked punt in the end zone for a safety. Was pretty happy with that effort :)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i'm playing as the titans. i'm hopeless since it's been so long since i played madden.

i also always use a fantasy draft, so don't judge teams on how they seem in reality.

i'm basically playing as tim tebow's broncos. beat jacksonville 16-0, then baltimore 14-7. i currently have a 24-17 lead over denver in the fourth quarter. run run run, incomplete passes, some completions. although, to be fair i've lost my top three wide receivers to injury in the preseason.

Last edited:

Latest posts