What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge The Myth ?

Tiger05

First Grade
1How bad do we need a good fullback (Seriously think about it)
2 How bad do we need an injection of pace in our backline (and a ejection of slowness - Talau)
3 Latrell searched through our team for players that were more or less at his end of the scale for ability - there were none. Prob now Nofo and then in his eyes Benji (hey I’m just repeating what Latrell said)
We currently have 1 player in the backline where all of us I think can agree “he is proven With us in that position and we are happy with him” That’s Nofo We need a second then then a third then a fourth or it’s the same old same old
When Im looking at buying a car or something that costs a bit There’s always reasons to not get it .. I look at what I can afford and feel comfortable with and I buy the next step up. Why ? coz fk it .....I know I’ll love it And I never regret it
Instead of getting caught up in the little things in terms of recruitment maybe look at the bigger picture

There are some good points here but I don't see how any one of us knows the exact dealings that are currently occurring in relation to JAC.

We aren't making the deal and we aren't signing the deal so we don't know the whole picture. If anything the lack of leaks shows the club is handling things well now.

Until JAC signs elsewhere or stays in Melbourne we just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not stating he will be here but we need to be a little patient and see what happens. I'm hopeful we sign him for next year but we just have to let it play out.

Just on a personal note it's interesting you pay extra for a car. I try to never buy cars because they are terrible investments. I could afford a pretty good car with no problems but I'd have to go back to work. I don't buy the car and therefore I don't have to go to work. To me that is a good trade off but each to his own. My in-laws are really rich and my FIL often uses a bike or hires a car.

WA Tiger

Bench
There are some good points here but I don't see how any one of us knows the exact dealings that are currently occurring in relation to JAC.

We aren't making the deal and we aren't signing the deal so we don't know the whole picture. If anything the lack of leaks shows the club is handling things well now.

Until JAC signs elsewhere or stays in Melbourne we just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not stating he will be here but we need to be a little patient and see what happens. I'm hopeful we sign him for next year but we just have to let it play out.

Just on a personal note it's interesting you pay extra for a car. I try to never buy cars because they are terrible investments. I could afford a pretty good car with no problems but I'd have to go back to work. I don't buy the car and therefore I don't have to go to work. To me that is a good trade off but each to his own. My in-laws are really rich and my FIL often uses a bike or hires a car.
I hope you are coping ok not working ..Everyone’s dream isn’t it ...until it happens? I think it’s only for a year isn’t it...
I use the car as an example and it applied in 2005 when I hit your shores from NZ when I didn’t have money but I got not a high paying job but a job and got finance so I had a choice ..that was a Holden 02 Calais supercharged. I still have it 15 years later and it’s still an absolute pleasure to drive and superior to the majority re power and comfort..each year the investment becomes better as Im not paying another $700 per month like some who didn’t spend that bit extra at the start ...I’m now dreaming of a Lexus LS not new of course...but it will prob stay a dream for a long time but if I get the opportunity I will go for it..It will likely be my last car..

Last edited:
I hope you are coping ok not working ..Everyone’s dream isn’t it ...until it happens? I think it’s only for a year isn’t it...
I use the car as an example and it applied in 2005 when I hit your shores from NZ when I didn’t have money but I got not a high paying job but a job and got finance so I had a choice ..that was a Holden 02 Calais supercharged. I still have it 15 years later and it’s still an absolute pleasure to drive and superior to the majority re power and comfort..each year the investment becomes better as Im not paying another $700 per month like some who didn’t spend that bit extra at the start ...I’m now dreaming of a Lexus LS not new of course...but it will prob stay a dream for a long time but if I get the opportunity I will go for it..It will likely be my last car..

Get into the Lexus ASAP, you won’t be disappointed. Best daily cars in the world.

Tiger05

First Grade

It's a year with pay. I can go back but atm I'm leaning to not going back. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I posted a link with information on how I did this earlier but it was deleted I think because it was like a spam link but it wasn't. It's not like I'm selling a blog or anything. I couldn't give a toss. You can look up Financial Independence Retire Early. You basically just get your expenses low and therefore you don't have to save up as much to retire. Invest in index funds. It's like living like you are poor to retire early and live like you are poor.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
It's a year with pay. I can go back but atm I'm leaning to not going back. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I posted a link with information on how I did this earlier but it was deleted I think because it was like a spam link but it wasn't. It's not like I'm selling a blog or anything. I couldn't give a toss. You can look up Financial Independence Retire Early. You basically just get your expenses low and therefore you don't have to save up as much to retire. Invest in index funds. It's like living like you are poor to retire early and live like you are poor.
Project managers have a lot of responsibility ..I dealt with them when I was selling websites..A nice break I’m sure...What is poor tho.. likely less expectation and hustle and bustle leads to less stress less wasted $$, and clarity about what’s important.. better health more calm, luck and maybe discovering a different direction

Project managers have a lot of responsibility ..I dealt with them when I was selling websites..A nice break I’m sure...What is poor tho.. likely less expectation and hustle and bustle leads to less stress less wasted $$, and clarity about what’s important.. better health more calm, luck and maybe discovering a different direction

Treadmill for me.

Useless rat race thence death.

Party on.

I love all these bullshit adds on the net.

The best ones are promising income that works out to be less than you’re earning now.

And marking up a Bamboo bean slicer from Outer Mongolia by 6000% and trying to sell it in American Samoa or something.

Back to the footy, where is our spine? I don’t see a credible rake either. Jac or no jac, lacking critical personnel in key positions.

We should be paying Cam a backhander to stay.

I guess not everyone is lucky enough to work in a fulfilling job that pays enough where you enjoy the company of the people you work with.

Exactly. I reckon I'll save my days of eating catfood for the years when my Alzemia's is so bad that I won't notice.

The bloody cat at home here wouldn’t let me near his food.

I might f**k off overseas and open a Australian food restaurant.

stryker

First Grade
This is gold. I've done it. Life is good. The only thing is every day is pretty similar. The good thing is it's like every day is Saturday or Sunday.
I haven’t made the sacrifices I have over decades to “live poor”.
f**k that shit right up its arse.

Latest posts