What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think Madge is on the nose with RUSTY!!

The front runner for our new coach may be Anthony SEIBOLD who is Madge's present asst.

He is also the Asst Qld SOO coach.

He was a former asst of Bellamy!

A 42 yr old teacher with a Masters in Education he is greatly respected.
So literally Madge 2.0?

Madge came as a high school teacher in his late 30s and a former assistant of Bellamy.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
True dat.

In addition to Madge, I'd be saying goodbye to about half the squad including but not limited to:

Sutto, hunt, ,tom, Clarke, , tyrell.

3 game probation " show cause" why you should wear our colours:

Cook, turner, musgrove, walker, Farah: Jennings; burns; George

Gi, Aj, renno, Crichton and sam could play badly for the rest of the year and walk right into my squad at the charity shield.

It could be a case of really dumb and rotting players as you suggest.Yeah I see that possibility. But there are so many of them...talk about a wrong turn in recruitment.

I am sure rusty is upset.

There's no synergy or meeting of minds in our group. They often play like strangers. There's no trust and morale has all but disintegrated. Madge is asking the disloyal to leave, thats right to do, but it shows a lack of togetherness.

So it's not all Madge, yep, but he's not able to help the situation. His sacking would be a mercy killing of sorts. To save him and everyone of a regrettable 2018. A lot of fans have just given up. Try talking Souths at work, people think you are a leper!

I used to get made fun of and abused for supporting Souths by strangers. I have the mandatory factory beanie. Those days are returning. I am not embarrassed yet, but it's getting that way.

I don't want to feel bad for supporting Souths.

You make some good points but I like hunt. I think his a good player. I rate him higher than Goodwin and gray!

Travitoh

First Grade
Sutto, hunt, ,tom, Clarke, , tyrell.

3 game probation " show cause" why you should wear our colours:

Cook, turner, musgrove, walker, Farah: Jennings; burns; George

Gi, Aj, renno, Crichton and sam could play badly for the rest of the year and walk right into my squad at the charity shield.

You'd get rid of Tom but keep George?
Hunt, Musgrove, Burns and Jennings are all keepers at this stage IMO.

There's no point having a clean out if we're not replacing them with better, we'll only end up in the same place in 12 months time.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You'd get rid of Tom but keep George?
Hunt, Musgrove, Burns and Jennings are all keepers at this stage IMO.

There's no point having a clean out if we're not replacing them with better, we'll only end up in the same place in 12 months time.

I like musgrove as well I thought he was inconsistent to start the season off but I think his surpassed all of our props now. I would sign him up long term. Definitely deserves more than the twins!

Travitoh

First Grade
So literally Madge 2.0?

Madge came as a high school teacher in his late 30s and a former assistant of Bellamy.

Sounds good to me. Win another premiership but this time cut him loose after the next season when there are signs of regression!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think it's a combination!

The players have lost their hunger.

Unfortunately that's a display of lack of respect for the coach. I know there are some players like Clark, AJ, Sam burgess who will always stick up for Madge because they're Rabbitoh through and through. However I think a lot of our players lack that desire to perform for our coach. They're probably sick of the same thing week in week out and want change. It's a lot like employees with managers. If you have a shit manager you won't want work your best for them.

callmack1

Staff member
Unfortunately that's a display of lack of respect for the coach. I know there are some players like Clark, AJ, Sam burgess who will always stick up for Madge because they're Rabbitoh through and through. However I think a lot of our players lack that desire to perform for our coach. They're probably sick of the same thing week in week out and want change. It's a lot like employees with managers. If you have a shit manager you won't want work your best for them.
Great post mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good points there!

Thing is we can't go through coaches like the Tigers!

If the players have a problem with a new coach that tells you it's the players!!!!........

Players sook a lot these days!!!

But yes I think we need a new coach but we can't just run through them and have the players not respecting discipline!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Good points there!

Thing is we can't go through coaches like the Tigers!

If the players have a problem with a new coach that tells you it's the players!!!!........

Players sook a lot these days!!!

But yes I think we need a new coach but we can't just run through them and have the players not respecting discipline!!!

Tigers are gonna do it tough for only a season probably. But I tip them to be in the finals in 2019. Keeping the same coach but can be just as devastating to a club than getting a new one.

Hopefully we get a coach who can bring a winning culture and demand respect from the players.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Maguire will be a great pick up for another club the same as Luke Keary, Dylan Walker, Api Koroisau and Nathan Brown