What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maitua & Webb

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hear Maitua could be done as early as today and there's still some negotiations to be settled with Webb..

the way things have been going in the last few months i would definitely wait for confirmation before it's a foregone conclusion.

I'm one of the minority who would be happy to have both.

Maitua is an aggressive defender with the ability to run hard and pop offloads. Webb, though horribly out of form, is a big, angry man and hits hard in defence and attack and a change of scenery might do wonders for him.

I think it was a good call on both counts tbh.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Clearly the DA & the board should simply consult with you in the future. However I expect a person with your skill set would be highly sort after by all the clubs.
tongue-smiley-8879.gif

They asked me a couple of years ago. I turned them down.

Alright fine, I think with work, they could come in handy. We need a wide running back rower and a prop to fill Cayless' void. Both are experienced, both are proven performers and both would be relatively cheap. But how cheap? Both only deserve minimum contracts with incentives but both would command much more then that.

Also, I really dont think they would fit into our club culture very well.

eel01s

Bench
Peter Tunks said yesterday (Talkin' Sport) that Parra were looking at Matua as a 5/8!

parra_jesus

Juniors
oh god! reni at 5/8 is even worse then putting mateo at 5/8. .. then again after watching mateo last night , anyone would go better than he did.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hmm...We have a few options at 5/8, but no options at halfback. Wouldn't mind Matua as a lock, but as a 5.8...

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
LMAO! Sucks to be an Eels fan right now.

Webb is a useless, fat waste of oxygen. Has been for the last 3 years.

If he's not giving away penalties or dropping the ball he's letting in tries through lazy defence.

You guys have a thing for taking our rejects don't you?
Oh yeah, like it's so much better being a Cowboys fan at the moment.:roll: