What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maitua & Webb

True EEL

Bench
Sorry if posted elsewhere in another thread that i may have missed, but apart from the generalised writings about these two in recent weeks, there is a section in the FootyCentral liftout in today's.....dare i say it....DT that suggets that after finally wrapping up a couple of major signings - albeit our own players - in Horo and Guru....

that Parra are now waiting on callbacks from Reni Maitua, whom they have apparently offered a 2 year deal to, and Carl Webb (with Parramatta looking to add some mongrel or agression to its pack was the tagline), whom they ahve apparently offered a 1 year deal to

the snipit sounded as if Parra were favourites for both atm......?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hear Maitua could be done as early as today and there's still some negotiations to be settled with Webb..

the way things have been going in the last few months i would definitely wait for confirmation before it's a foregone conclusion.

cv8z

Juniors
I still think Orford is not out of the question.
I have doubts about Reni not playing for so long.
Tahu has yet to hit his straps and he was at least playing some sort of sport.
I think Reni is a gamble

Talanexor

Juniors
LMAO! Sucks to be an Eels fan right now.

Webb is a useless, fat waste of oxygen. Has been for the last 3 years.

If he's not giving away penalties or dropping the ball he's letting in tries through lazy defence.

You guys have a thing for taking our rejects don't you?

Forty20

First Grade

If he's not giving away penalties or dropping the ball he's letting in tries through lazy defence.

Well to be fair, your lot are significantly subsidising Manuokafoa's holiday in the NSW Cup.

And strangely enough, everyone was saying the same things about Mason before he moved to Townsville this year, look what that did for his career....

cv8z

Juniors

We get a subsidy from the government :crazy:

hindy111

Post Whore
I hear Maitua could be done as early as today and there's still some negotiations to be settled with Webb..

the way things have been going in the last few months i would definitely wait for confirmation before it's a foregone conclusion.

Stagger any idea what type of contracts and money these two would be offered.Id be happy to have both but if it was for more than the rumoured 140K we are paying horo id be a little worried about the whloe thing

H0WZAT

Juniors
Terrible signings.

+1

Maitua on minimum wage plus match payments i could possible handle, but Webb is straight out lunacy. If as suggested Webb is wanted by DA then the bloke has lost the plot.

Signing Mason would be a godsend compared to these two.

Cough Ashley Graham .....cough John Williams cough Willie Tonga

\
i think webby gets to too many buffets in townsville, won't happen at parra. only needs to lose some weight.

Eels Dude

Coach
Both desperate signings who are well past their best. We're better going for younger players with a future ahead of them. Get these guys and we'd have one of the oldest squads in NRL history.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unless you know what money thn you cant say if its a bad signing..
mean if oake is on $140 odd how could you wynge if we took a gamble on webb for that?

Gaffman

Juniors
Moimoi, Poore, Mannah, Webb, Hindy, Shackleton, Smith, Maitua... Well i mean there is certainly some potential there... 6 of those guys have seen state or national rep footy. Up to DA and the behind the scenes crew to unleash the potential.

Gronk

Staff member
Only a thin line to those that cant see very well.

Clearly the DA & the board should simply consult with you in the future. However I expect a person with your skill set would be highly sort after by all the clubs.
tongue-smiley-8879.gif

sam54no

Juniors
Id rather.

8. FFMM
9. Mitchell
10. Mannah
11. Hindy
12. B.Smith
13. Horo
14. Humble
15. Poore
16. Lsalo
17. Shacks

Now that looks alot better and alot cheaper than having 2 hacks in Reni and Webb. In saying that, i'd rather Reni over Webb if there was a choice.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
are you kidding me? yuk

they would have to work pretty hard to change peoples perceptions of them!

Latest posts