What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Announcement tomorrow

Someone

Bench
Wanderers were complaining that 4k extra seats not enough as they have already sold about 16k season tix 1 month before kick off. With those figures it will be a sell out every home game. Would expect a 30 000 seat capacity upgrade announcement in unison with wanderers as shared tenants

:cool:

Read between the lines.

Todd Greenberg is going to be there.

Why would the Head of the NRL attend a player signing or Major Sponsor?

Why would Luke Kelly and Willie attend?

Makes sense for a Closing the Gap thing, but by itself wouldn't explain a 'major announcement'

Suitman

Post Whore
There is no politician in that list, Surely there would be one if it was a stadium announcement upgrade?

Suity

Noise

Coach
If it is a stadium upgrade will we be playing every game at ANZ next year? Bongo will freak

eels_fan

First Grade
It's the whole 'future of the club' line that amuses me

Does a stadium upgrade really effect the future of the club??

MetroGnome

Juniors
What is the capacity of Parra stadium at the moment?
I'm guessing 22k or so?
Ian Schubert is now assistant coach of the Roosters?

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
4,000 upgrade was already announced though.

They wouldn't call another media call for a previously announced upgrade. Unless its now a further grant/expansion - but then you would think some Politican would show up to get brownie points. Unless the club is getting bazillions from the member raffle tickets & is f
Paying for it themselves

ParraSteve

Juniors
I'm not sure if I read or had watched it or dreamed it for that matter, but a few weeks ago it was mentioned Luke Kelly was working on some kind of indigenous program with the club, could be the completion of that

EelsFan05

Bench
I'm not sure if I read or had watched it or dreamed it for that matter, but a few weeks ago it was mentioned Luke Kelly was working on some kind of indigenous program with the club, could be the completion of that

Yeah there was an artical about it a few weeks back. Can't remember where I read it either.

EelsFan05

Bench
The upgrade to parra was announced a few weeks ago, has nothing to do with that.

You've just about ruled everything out Joely. I've got NFI but I hope its something good after its been kept this secret. The sports writers at the Tele will be in shock that they haven't heard what's going on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tonga and Kelly are going to auction their boots to support some indigenous charity. Actually they're going to do it every year.

Massive announcement.

Joely01

Bench
You've just about ruled everything out Joely. I've got NFI but I hope its something good after its been kept this secret. The sports writers at the Tele will be in shock that they haven't heard what's going on.

Exactly how I felt when I was told.
Couldn't believe we could finally keep something a secret right up until the press conference. Well done to the club on this one.

Someone

Bench
Exactly how I felt when I was told.
Couldn't believe we could finally keep something a secret right up until the press conference. Well done to the club on this one.

so it is genuinely something to smile/look forward to?

Latest posts