What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Changes Need to Be Made

parra pete

Referee
Christ....who do you propose we pick? It's only Tuesday that people were saying "Oh, that's a strong side, I like that..." now they all need to be sacked? f**k me we have the worst fans sometimes :roll:

We've always been slow starters, the signs are there, it'll just take time to click. Always has....slit your wrists if you like, but ffs don't do it here if you could avoid it

Believe it or not Fawlty, I actually agree with you. The 2010 Melbourne Cup winner is still in the paddock..
Watch everyone one scurry back onto the bandwagon later in the season. It is not even past APRIL FOOL'S DAY yet.
28 points is needed for a finals spot. It is a good competition, and not much between No 1 and Number 16..any team can beat any other team on any given day.
Things happen in cycles. The team could lose four or five in a row, and then win ten in a row. Don't despair, keep the faith. Marvel at the skills of blokes like Marshall, Hayne, Thurston, Soward, Campese, Inglis, Lockyer, Folau....we might not see their likes again.

but what changes would you have made?

this is the team that made the GF last year, were you calling for Todd Carney to be signed in the off season, or is it just a bit of hindsight?

As I said I would have seriously looked at Todd Carney.

I hate when people say 'but we made the grand final last year' .... yeah so??? The great sporting clubs throughout history no matter what sport try to improve from year to year even if they win a grand final let alone make a grand final. Those who rest on their past accomplishments are doomed to failure.

And halfback was always the biggest weakness of this team so why not try to improve that area.

fish eel

Immortal
But Mortimer, on form, doesn't deserve to start. Keating and Robson are playing a lot better. And because Hagan let all our lower grade halfbacks go, we have no other option. If anything, Mortimer should be dropped instead of Robson, he did nothing in either of his games. Mateo, as well, is not getting involved enough...perhaps some ire directed in his direction would be more suitable than Robson, who has done nothing wrong.

Mortimer has been targeted more. Sides know Robson wont offer much so they've been rushing Mortimer. Makes it hard for the kid when the bloke inside him isnt offering much. Catch.Pass. Catch. Pass. As has been said, there's a reason why Robson has been around so long and played so few FG games

mickdo

Coach
Mortimer has been targeted more. Sides know Robson wont offer much so they've been rushing Mortimer. Makes it hard for the kid when the bloke inside him isnt offering much. Catch.Pass. Catch. Pass. As has been said, there's a reason why Robson has been around so long and played so few FG games

That's why he needs a guy off his shoulder waiting for an offload. They all do.

mickdo

Coach
I reckon Saints have thrown more offloads in the first 15 minutes tonight than we did all night. SAINTS for heaven's sake!

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Understatement of the year IMO

Matt keating is garbage. Picks the ball up runs a metre or 2 then passes. We should never have left kingston go.. he was great compared to Mk Keating.. Atleast the positive to come out of this is Matt Elliott realizes kingston is good and wants to sign him for 2 more years

ParraAds

Juniors
Believe it or not Fawlty, I actually agree with you. The 2010 Melbourne Cup winner is still in the paddock..
Watch everyone one scurry back onto the bandwagon later in the season. It is not even past APRIL FOOL'S DAY yet.
28 points is needed for a finals spot. It is a good competition, and not much between No 1 and Number 16..any team can beat any other team on any given day.
Things happen in cycles. The team could lose four or five in a row, and then win ten in a row. Don't despair, keep the faith. Marvel at the skills of blokes like Marshall, Hayne, Thurston, Soward, Campese, Inglis, Lockyer, Folau....we might not see their likes again.

Yes, it's a long season, but if the team plays the way they did tonight (and most of last week) then the fans have a right to complain and suggest their alternatives if they have one.

The whole 'oh it's ok, we're slow starters, we'll come good' is wearing a bit thin, and try telling Daniel Anderson that. He will be disgusted at what was dished up tonight.

fish eel

Immortal
I reckon Saints have thrown more offloads in the first 15 minutes tonight than we did all night. SAINTS for heaven's sake!

when you're giving yourself a bit of a platform and not constantly under pressure, thats a whole lot easier to do

Bazal

Post Whore

It was the same last year though...and we combated it with offloads, switches of play and inside runners. We're not doing that at this stage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mortimer should be dropped by any means...just that there are better targets for criticism than Robson. Put it this way, Robson is doing the same job as Finch did, for a fraction of the price and without any of the brain explosions...but Finch was widely praised and Robbo is widely castigated? Go figure...

Bazal

Post Whore
Matt keating is garbage. Picks the ball up runs a metre or 2 then passes. We should never have left kingston go.. he was great compared to Mk Keating.. Atleast the positive to come out of this is Matt Elliott realizes kingston is good and wants to sign him for 2 more years

Where the sh*t did you crawl out from? Jeez, a loss and the woodwork spews forth all its inhabitants...

fish eel

Immortal
It was the same last year though...and we combated it with offloads, switches of play and inside runners. We're not doing that at this stage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mortimer should be dropped by any means...just that there are better targets for criticism than Robson. Put it this way, Robson is doing the same job as Finch did, for a fraction of the price and without any of the brain explosions...but Finch was widely praised and Robbo is widely castigated? Go figure...

I think Finch was also castigated by plenty around here.

Robson does a good job as a stop gap but he just doesnt offer enough as a week in week out 7.

Remember, even last year, wasnt he our third choice half after we pubted Finch and Keating broke his jaw?

We just look so unfit and tired all the time. Fui and Feleti look over weight and not up to the pace.

Robson well..... His performance speaks for itself.

If we have the Tigers enthusiasm tonight we win. Parras attitude reallwas lazy.

Bazal

Post Whore
You mean wait another 4 years?

2001 then came good 2005 then came good 2009, so 2013 can't wait.

We have a depth issue too. If Hayne goes down.....

Our depth issue is at fullback? News to me...I was under the impression that Burt and Reddy were very good fullbacks, and Inu is a one time test fullback. Our depth issue is in the back row, no two ways about it. Oake, as much as he tries his heart out, should not be first choice backup for first grade.

fish eel

Immortal
Our depth issue is at fullback? News to me...I was under the impression that Burt and Reddy were very good fullbacks, and Inu is a one time test fullback. Our depth issue is in the back row, no two ways about it. Oake, as much as he tries his heart out, should not be first choice backup for first grade.

I thought Justin Horo looked decent, but he only came on with 15 minutes to go. Whats with that? Lack of confidence in him by Ando?

parra pete

Referee
Yes, it's a long season, but if the team plays the way they did tonight (and most of last week) then the fans have a right to complain and suggest their alternatives if they have one.

The whole 'oh it's ok, we're slow starters, we'll come good' is wearing a bit thin, and try telling Daniel Anderson that. He will be disgusted at what was dished up tonight.

Wests were just too good tonight FULLSTOP. Benji Marshall is a wizard...Take the good with the bad. Cop the losses, enjoy the wins...

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought Justin Horo looked decent, but he only came on with 15 minutes to go. Whats with that? Lack of confidence in him by Ando?

I'm not sure...he certainly looked better than Oake. Maybe it was simply caution, in not wanting to throw a rookie into a game situation where we were in touch but playing catch up?

Although, it could have also been as a result of the cork/crap form for Poore...spending more interchanges on the props to keep them fresh? Our back row isn't exactly unfit...

Kenny Powers

Juniors
The team is undisciplined, it's as simple as that. When you give ip the ball and give away stupid penalties that result in tries, you are your own worst enemy.

Latest posts