What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Changes Need to Be Made

I now it is only early BUT ... there have been worrying trends so far this year.
The most concerning trend is our inability to score in the first half.
We have scored ZERO first half points this year. Yes that is right. Zero.

0-36
That is the combined first score. A number of factors can be contributed to this. That is,

a) Lack of discipline
b) Errors
c) And lack of organizational halves.

We desperately need a half to lead this team around. We don't have that at the moment. Robson is not the answer and I don't think Mortimer is either. And we might have to let go some players other teams are coveting at the moment to get half. But I tell you what Todd Carney would have looked really in this side right now.

fish eel

Immortal
Make changes?

What changes should be made?

It's not like we've got a lot of depth.

It's easy to sit there and say Todd carney would look good.

Would you have wanted him signed in the off season? I reckon far and away most people on this board would have said no to todd carney

TheParraboy

Staff member
0-48 in our last 4 games of 1st half football really, if you take into account last years NRL grand final

Pricey73

Juniors
We need out of form players to have a rest Robson and Cayless we are really missing the speed out of dummy half from Kingston !!!!!!! we are slow from dummy half and then even slower from halfback ! no room for the outside players

parra pete

Referee
KKKKKKaaaaaaarthunk....That's the sound of supporters arses being chucked in the corner.
West were too good, and when a side is too good there is SFA you can do about it

Bazal

Post Whore
Christ....who do you propose we pick? It's only Tuesday that people were saying "Oh, that's a strong side, I like that..." now they all need to be sacked? f**k me we have the worst fans sometimes :roll:

We've always been slow starters, the signs are there, it'll just take time to click. Always has....slit your wrists if you like, but ffs don't do it here if you could avoid it

Make changes?

What changes should be made?

It's not like we've got a lot of depth.

It's easy to sit there and say Todd carney would look good.

Would you have wanted him signed in the off season? I reckon far and away most people on this board would have said no to todd carney

Sometimes you have to look outside the box to win. We probably would have to look outside the club for a decent. I heard that Hodkinson was keen to come home but we didn't have any room/funds for him. He too would look good as our number 7.

And I would have seriously looked at signing Todd Carney before the year simply because our biggest weakness by far was halfback. And he would have come cheap. There was a chance it would have blown up in our face and it still might blow up in the Roosters face. But they took a risk and it just might be the best signing of the year.

wests were outstanding tonight and teams are up to play us this year after the way we finished last year and we aren't up to it.
We have to start games at 100miles a hour not work our way into them.

Kenny Powers

Juniors
Knee jerk reactions aren't going to do the team any favours. Our forwards are playing poorly and our discipline is non existent. Cayless and Smith hurt us tonight with stupid mistakes. The tigers were rushing up all game, a few short kicks behind the line would have countered that easilly but there was no play reading at all tonight.
DA has to decide who our starting forward pack should consist of.

fish eel

Immortal
Sometimes you have to look outside the box to win. We probably would have to look outside the club for a decent. I heard that Hodkinson was keen to come home but we didn't have any room/funds for him. He too would look good as our number 7.

And I would have seriously looked at signing Todd Carney before the year simply because our biggest weakness by far was halfback. And he would have come cheap. There was a chance it would have blown up in our face and it still might blow up in the Roosters face. But they took a risk and it just might be the best signing of the year.

but what changes would you have made?

this is the team that made the GF last year, were you calling for Todd Carney to be signed in the off season, or is it just a bit of hindsight?

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
I agree we have some unfaithful type fans but from the kickoff we looked sluggish almost unfit . Yeah we have alot of potential BUT we cant rely on potential and 1 player to spark us every week . We play with little or no structure at all which is fine when your pack is going forward but the first 3 games our pack has been out muscled and out hustled, hayne and the likes cant do much behind a pack going sideways . Matt keating made some awful decisions on 4th tackles by throwing dummys and going himself gee we miss kingston . Anyways that is my rant and NO i havent lost faith more just frustrated .

Christ....who do you propose we pick? It's only Tuesday that people were saying "Oh, that's a strong side, I like that..." now they all need to be sacked? f**k me we have the worst fans sometimes :roll:

We've always been slow starters, the signs are there, it'll just take time to click. Always has....slit your wrists if you like, but ffs don't do it here if you could avoid it

I disagree. Halfback was our biggest weakness last year and is this year. Robson is solid. But he is not the atypical organizational halfback. He might work if we had a Wally Lewis type general at five-eight.

But sure we will come good, but our first halves are not inspiring me at all. Only fools ignore worrying trends like this.

Bazal

Post Whore
I disagree. Halfback was our biggest weakness last year and is this year. Robson is solid. But he is not the atypical organizational halfback. He might work if we had a Wally Lewis type general at five-eight.

But sure we will come good, but our first halves are not inspiring me at all. Only fools ignore worrying trends like this.

But Mortimer, on form, doesn't deserve to start. Keating and Robson are playing a lot better. And because Hagan let all our lower grade halfbacks go, we have no other option. If anything, Mortimer should be dropped instead of Robson, he did nothing in either of his games. Mateo, as well, is not getting involved enough...perhaps some ire directed in his direction would be more suitable than Robson, who has done nothing wrong.

mickdo

Coach
We need out of form players to have a rest Robson and Cayless we are really missing the speed out of dummy half from Kingston !!!!!!! we are slow from dummy half and then even slower from halfback ! no room for the outside players

Kingston never got on the field before half time. We just aren't offloading, or backing up to allow offloading, it's as simple as that. That's our game.