What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Major' raid on league coming

aqua_duck

Coach
herbert henry1908 said:
i wouldnt call them 'disasters' , rogers is the second best option at fly half in Australian Rugby union , ewen mckenzie has already said he will be the first choice fly half for the waratahs next year , thats hardly a 'disaster'.

and considering lote tuquiri has played very limited time at outside centre i would still think its too early to be making a judgement like that.

I do agree however that tuquiri's best position is still going to be the wing, its not like its that hard to get him more ball in that position, all it takes is one more pass. However they do have to keep up that tradition of p#ss boring play.
Rogers has been terrible for the wallabies as a fly half, honestly, the guy has a decent kicking game but thats about it, if he's the 2nd best fly half option in australian rugby then the wallabies might as ell forfeit next years world cup, personally I rate McKay, and Barnes above rogers as 5/8ths.
Lote will never be a success at outside centre, he's got limited ball skills, liited passing game and limited vision, don't get me wrong, he's a great athlete but the 'experiment' should be scrapped

aqua_duck said:
Rogers has been terrible for the wallabies as a fly half, honestly, the guy has a decent kicking game but thats about it, if he's the 2nd best fly half option in australian rugby then the wallabies might as ell forfeit next years world cup, personally I rate McKay, and Barnes above rogers as 5/8ths.
Lote will never be a success at outside centre, he's got limited ball skills, liited passing game and limited vision, don't get me wrong, he's a great athlete but the 'experiment' should be scrapped

but right now mckay is still injured and barnes has only played 1 season of professional rugby union, so rogers i would say is still the second best option as of now.

and i agree Australian rugby union is in a lot of trouble.

its classic rugby union thinking on lote though , what should we do when our best ball runner is not getting enough ball? move him closer to the action! when clearly they need to come up with better plays so he can run the ball in open play on the wing. I guess they need better forwards for that though.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
What a load of crap.

Blacklock couldn't even hold a spot in the Waratahs. Don't bullsh*t to prove your point, you wanker.

Hopefully Saab will be back soon to sort you out again.

Don't get lost on one point, turdface. Do your usual and get arsed up before you even type.

BTW, your avatar isn't Johns. Just thought I'd let you know before Nurse Ratchet comes and sorts you out.

Charles, obviously the concept of opinion escapes you, as one must have a brain before one has an opinion. However, since Tingha was top tryscorer 3 years in a row, I'm comfortable with my assessment. Your argument is probably that because Tingha didn't play for the Broncos, he's obviously crap compared to Sailor and Tequiri. If that thought pattern leads to an asumption that Brett Plowman is an all time great, you are welcome to it.

Just don't ask Johns Magic for a pic of him - he'll probably give you one of Blocker Roach.

aqua_duck said:
Rogers has been tried at fly half, and Tuqiri in the centres so they could both get more ball, the results are on the board, both have been nothing short of disasters

Disasters for whom?

The ARU who are currently throwing the farm at Lote to keep him?

They still have to rely on Union players to get them the ball when they play Union, no matter which position they play.

That's the problem....

Misty Bee

First Grade
BTW Tingha's mental application must have been better than the other - he was quick to come back to League.

Now, against my better judgement, I'll feed your love of going off tangent, by stating that Tingha's try in the 99 GF is better than ANY scored by your trio, ever.

tye said:
Rugby League insecurity.I love it.

Are you the full quid?

Assuming that you aren't, get your carer to read this to you....

Is the real insecurity the opinions of a few punters on a messageboard, or is the real insecurity the governing body of Australian Union whose only possible action to a string of crap performances is to attempt to raid another sport to bolster its depth?

Let's be honest, who have Union taken who League couldn't afford to lose?

No one.

More raids won't work by the way, simply because League's depth in this country is enormous. And all these raids do is continually cheapen the Wallaby jersey. It's getting to the point where it'll be easier to get a Wallaby jersey by playing in the NRL than S14...

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Charles, obviously the concept of opinion escapes you, as one must have a brain before one has an opinion. However, since Tingha was top tryscorer 3 years in a row, I'm comfortable with my assessment. Your argument is probably that because Tingha didn't play for the Broncos, he's obviously crap compared to Sailor and Tequiri. If that thought pattern leads to an asumption that Brett Plowman is an all time great, you are welcome to it.

Is that how you judge a player? On him being top try scorer 3 yrs in a row?
Make him an immortal then?
You can have an opinion, i will just disagree with it...dont have a cry about it.
Sailor and Lote were better than Blacklock...oh but in your crazy world they cant be because they were not the top try scorer.
Blacklock was quick to come back to league? Thats because he couldnt make it even it that cess pit of a sport. He is the only major signing of union that could not be a wannabe....doesnt say much for Tingha now does it.

I see the argument Charlie and yes, Tingha lacked motivation at times, but christ he took my breath away so many times with what he did on the Footy Field.

I went to the Footy just to see him play on more than one occasion.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Also something to dowith the fact that Tequiri ended his League career when he was, what, 23?

BTW, a winger's job is to score tries - or at least more tries than he lets in. Tingha wasn't Bunny Reilly in defence, but for 5 years NSW's game plan was to bomb Sailor's wing, and for a bloke who scored less tries in an entire Origin career than Royce Simmons scored in frand finals, what does that tell you about his strike rate?

BUt of course, sailor was a BRONCO -therefore better than Irvine, Horder AND Grothe SNR combined, right?

I suggest you get your special edition Wendell Sailor golden origin tries DVD out. I'll be watching the mini series Blacklock - 100 tries in 3 years. Yours willbe over before your bum cheeks settle in your lounge.

Mr Saab

Referee
Didnt say Sailor was better than those wingers (what was it about going off tangent?) Wendell is way down the list compared to those 3. See i am a realist.
Wendell at least played origin..and so did Lote. How many sky blue jerseys does Tingha have in the closet? One less than David Hall and he has one.
Why wasnt Tingha picked to play origin? Answer me that one.
Tingha in defense was in the same class as your idol Danny Crnkovich.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
Blacklock's heart was never in union yet he still managed to play for NSW.

Doesnt say much...Duncan McRae played for the Tahs.
Ask Dogs fans what they thought of him in 1st grade in league.

ShineDog

Juniors
Rugby Union need a backline like this one:
1. patten
2. utai
3. tonga
4. sonny bill
5. el magic
6. maitua
7. roberts

This would solve any problems....

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Doesnt say much...Duncan McRae played for the Tahs.
Ask Dogs fans what they thought of him in 1st grade in league.

That's my point.

Any useless hack in league can play for NSW in union.

Wycliff Palu is another case in point.

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Didnt say Sailor was better than those wingers (what was it about going off tangent?) Wendell is way down the list compared to those 3. See i am a realist.
Wendell at least played origin..and so did Lote. How many sky blue jerseys does Tingha have in the closet? One less than David Hall and he has one.
Tingha in defense was in the same class as your idol Danny Crnkovich.

We all know who your idol was Saab

Mr Scott Hardy.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Mr Saab said:

Firstly, it's easier to play for QLD than NSW, simply by numbers.

Second, Broncos always had an easier road to Origin than non Bronco queenslanders.

Third, NSW selectors wouldn't know talent if it bit them on the arse at times. David Fairleigh got less origins than Brett Finch. Work THAT one out.

Misty Bee

First Grade
ShineDog said:
Rugby Union need a backline like this one:
1. patten
2. utai
3. tonga
4. sonny bill
5. el magic
6. maitua
7. roberts

This would solve any problems....

Is there a team called "Rugby Union" playing somewhere?

And why does it need a crap backline????

Latest posts