What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Major' raid on league coming

aqua_duck

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Disasters for whom?

The ARU who are currently throwing the farm at Lote to keep him?
thats because he's a good winger, but far from a good centre

They still have to rely on Union players to get them the ball when they play Union, no matter which position they play.

That's the problem....
the problem isn't the players getting the balls to them because their only 1 or 2 passes off the play with them playing fly half and centre, if you've watched any matches (which I doubt you have) its the problem that their not getting the ball in the right places on the field and not getting enough ball, its the fault of their bumbling forwards, and its naive to think that buying a star studded league backline will alleviate any problem

aqua_duck

Coach
ShineDog said:
Rugby Union need a backline like this one:
1. patten
2. utai
3. tonga
4. sonny bill
5. el magic
6. maitua
7. roberts

This would solve any problems....
ignorance is bliss, firstly half your backline are kiwis, you got a fullback and 2 wingers who have no kicking game between them (besides hazems goalkicking), you got 2 centres who again have no kicking game between them, and a fly half who is really a backrower and who has a mediocre kicking game at best.

greenhat

Juniors
i think getting clinton schifofske says a bit about where union is now

it achieved 2 things for them

a: it really hurt the raiders (he really was the face and heart of the team here) - who are the only NRL club battling against a successful s14 team
b: hes a fantastic penalty goal kicker - and in the exciting world of union today, thats where most scoring is done (i think he'll make the wallabies world cup team purely for this skill)

however
point a: demonstrates they are so desperate now that just damaging league is a priority for them, and it shows the public what spiteful nasty pricks they are
b: is an admission of that union is returning to its boring, all kicking all penalties, roots - that they're prepared to buy a fantastic player and hide him away on a wing just so he can kick penalties

getting clinton shifofske achieves a lot for australian rugby union
but in the end hes just another sign that its circling the drain

Johns Magic

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Don't get lost on one point, turdface. Do your usual and get arsed up before you even type.

BTW, your avatar isn't Johns. Just thought I'd let you know before Nurse Ratchet comes and sorts you out.

Oh really? It's not Johns? Wow, I would never have known if you hadn't given me the heads up, thanks...dickhead.

You were wrong, cop it. Your pathetic attempts to add weight to your argument through lies just shows what a useless poster you are. I'm glad Saab pointed out that Sailor in fact did score a try in Origin, saves me the trouble. You try to act like you know your stuff, but in fact, you're just a league-fraud. Get a clue.

Oh, and just so you know...your avatar isn't a picture of a Misty Bee.

aqua_duck said:
thats because he's a good winger, but far from a good centre

Put Benji Marshall, Darren Lockyer, Andrew Johns etc inside him and he'll be a great centre. Put George Gregan inside him and he'll be a good winger playing out of position at centre.

aqua_duck said:
the problem isn't the players getting the balls to them because their only 1 or 2 passes off the play with them playing fly half and centre, if you've watched any matches (which I doubt you have) its the problem that their not getting the ball in the right places on the field and not getting enough ball, its the fault of their bumbling forwards, and its naive to think that buying a star studded league backline will alleviate any problem

If I want to read about the intricacies of 8 fat bastards and 7 half-fit backs, I'll go to planet rugby.

Crusher

Coach
Rugby is full of superstars who love their hair like the Italian soccer team. The only difference is the italians still win.

aqua_duck

Coach
Put Benji Marshall, Darren Lockyer, Andrew Johns etc inside him and he'll be a great centre. Put George Gregan inside him and he'll be a good winger playing out of position at centre.

If I want to read about the intricacies of 8 fat bastards and 7 half-fit backs, I'll go to planet rugby.
mate ignorance is bliss isn't it. Whether you like to think so or not, there are alot of similarities between union and league, thats why alot of blokes grow up playing both codes. ANyone with 2 brain cells knows that in either rugby code its the forwards that indicate how well you're going. Playing behind the current wallaby pack, johns, lockyer, marshall (even though he's a kiwi, so I don't know what he's doing in a wallaby team) wouldn't even get any ball

aqua_duck said:
mate ignorance is bliss isn't it.

You're the expert.

aqua_duck said:
Whether you like to think so r njot, there are alot of similarities between junior and league,

Not much any more.

One game is fast, open, exciting and played at a furious pace, the other is called Rugby Union.

aqua_duck said:
thats why alot of blokes grow up playing both codes.

Really?

And which code do most end up playing at the high end?

The 100 or so in Super 14, or the 400+ in the NRL.

Why is that?

aqua_duck said:
ANyone with 2 brain cells knows that in either rugby code its the forwards that indicate how well you're going.

Irrelevant.

We're discussing the relative merits of people who play or may play in the same backline as Tuquiri.

aqua_duck said:
Playing behind the current wallaby pack, johns, lockyer, marshall (even though he's a kiwi, so I don't know what he's doing in a wallaby team) wouldn't even get any ball

FFS, you keep changing the goalposts in the discussion. The current Wallaby backline would be murdered by the best, second, third or even fourth best backline chosen from the NRL.

What that has to do with the current Wallaby pack is of no consequence.

aqua_duck

Coach
mate your the one who said
That backline wouldn't need forwards if it played against Union teams.
so you see thats where fowards come into play.

There's no way in the world i'm denying the wallaby backline is rubbish, just like their forward pack, heck i despise the wallabies but you saying a star studded league imported backline will conquer world rugby for the wallabies even without a forwrd pack is ignorant

aqua_duck said:
mate your the one who said

And?

What you're trying to do is give both backlines the Wallaby pack. I said they wouldn't need forwards if they were playing against Union teams.

That backline would be better without forwards than 8 or 10 useless fat pricks who've played Union all their lives.

aqua_duck said:
so you see thats where fowards come into play.

There's no way in the world i'm denying the wallaby backline is rubbish, just like their forward pack, heck i despise the wallabies but you saying a star studded league imported backline will conquer world rugby for the wallabies even without a forwrd pack is ignorant

Jesus, make up your mind....

LESStar58

Referee
Pfffft..... the ARU must be desperate if they have to keep coming to poach our stars whenever the wheels fall off. I can't see Slater playing union TBH.

tye

Juniors
[

BTW , playing in penrith and campbelltown on a sat night may not be glamorous but at least its good hard honest football played at a higher standard than virtually all Rugby union in this country.[/quote]
If that is what you believe then I am happy for you!

tye

Juniors
Let's be honest, who have Union taken who League couldn't afford to lose?

No one.

That is the point so what is the issue. I think it is great to see players try a different code. And if there is a bit of cash in it then even better. The ARU ain't going anywhere!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
4 years ago, the ARU paid over the odds for 4 kangaroo wingers, and when push came to shove, RL outbid them for Johns and Gasnier.

Now the ARU is putting up the same money.. for Kangaroos wingers like Tate, King and Inglis....

No !!!

Schif and Ryan Cross :lol:

In 4 years time they'll be paying $500,000 a year for Kusto and Cszilowski.

ShineDog

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
ignorance is bliss, firstly half your backline are kiwis, you got a fullback and 2 wingers who have no kicking game between them (besides hazems goalkicking), you got 2 centres who again have no kicking game between them, and a fly half who is really a backrower and who has a mediocre kicking game at best.

jealous??

Latest posts