What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major screwup in Big League

Hurriflatch

Referee
In the preview of the Panthers v Eels game Big League claim that Penrith are aiming for a 4th straight win against Parramatta

Now anyone with half a brain and an internet connection would know that Parra beat the Panthers 26-16 in round 4 this year.

I can understand being rushed and missing a minor spelling error but this is like a fart in the lift on Tuesday. You can't miss it.

wittyfan

Referee
Perhaps they mean that Penrith have won their last four against Parramatta at Penrith Stadium?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Doesn't surprise me one bit. I reckon i could find at least 5 mistakes in Big League each week, and while it doesn't stop me buying it i am starting to get a wee pissed off when finding mistake after mistake.

Hurriflatch

Referee
They may have meant that but didn't say it

it said local derbies meaning clashes between the two regardless of venue

had they said matches at Penrith then yes it may have been true.

Hurriflatch

Referee
RainMan said:
I guess its only a major screwup if you are a Parra supporter.

Maybe I noticed it more because it was Parra but the point is still valid.

I can understand a minor spelling error getting missed as they do need to rush production to get the magazine out by Thursday morning when the teams don't get named till Tuesday Night.

However, errors like this regardless of the team involved are inexcusable. It's just a simple case of looking back about about 2 months to round 4 this year.

Hell, they even have the draw with current results listed including the 26-16 Eels win in round 4 in the same magazine.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont know whats happening, but gee Big League have made numerous mistakes this year, and thats poor editing. I think the man in charge is Neil Cadigan.Anyone could pick that mistake, not just a Parramatta supporter. I remember the Souths/Warriors was apparently played at Aussie Stadium (according to Big League), when all of the sudden on TV theyre playing at North Sydney Oval.

They better fix their mistakes, theyre really losing it atm.

Azkatro

First Grade
I think someone ducked in defending the magazine a few weeks ago and vowed that the next issue would be right as rain. It was still a bit iffy though, there was a photo with a captain that was completely wrong and also an article by Ben Blaschke talking about Parra & Manly mentioned something about 1998 which was followed by "(CHECK)". It's having a very quiet year in that department I will say that!

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
I dont know whats happening, but gee Big League have made numerous mistakes this year, and thats poor editing. I think the man in charge is Neil Cadigan.Anyone could pick that mistake, not just a Parramatta supporter. I remember the Souths/Warriors was apparently played at Aussie Stadium (according to Big League), when all of the sudden on TV theyre playing at North Sydney Oval.

They better fix their mistakes, theyre really losing it atm.

The Souths/Warriors game was a last minute change due to the Waratahs being involved in a home final. I think it was notified early but it was still scheduled in most auarters as the SFS.

The_Coach

Juniors
I don't think they have very good short term memories at Big League. The other month when they done their big story on Bronco's Vs Cowboys they said Cowboys had only ever beaten Brisbane once, which was their last clash in last years semis. They obviously forgot the 2 teams played each other in the first round which Brisbane won.

MightySharks

Bench
The_Coach said:
I don't think they have very good short term memories at Big League. The other month when they done their big story on Bronco's Vs Cowboys they said Cowboys had only ever beaten Brisbane once, which was their last clash in last years semis. They obviously forgot the 2 teams played each other in the first round which Brisbane won.

????????????????????

Mr Saab

Referee
The_Coach said:

yeah....and? what you just reported here is correct.
The cowboys have only beaten the broncos once...
I think you are a little "confused"

choc_soldier

Coach
gregstar said:
hopefully a national recall is underway

Damn straight! :lol:

I noticed the glitch too - the Panthers winning the last 4 showdowns at Penrith, however, may be true...

Hurriflatch

Referee
He said that the Cowboys have only beaten them once (which is true) however it also said that the game the Cowboys won was the last time the two sides meet, however in between the game the Cowboys won and the game that was a preview for the Broncos had won a match at Suncorp.