What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make up of the side for Round1

imasharkie

Coach
1. Brett Kearney
2. Misi Taulapapa
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. David Simmons *sigh*
5. Luke Covell
6. Trent Barrett (c)
7. Blake Green
8. Ben Ross
9. Corey Hughes
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Luke Douglas
12. Anthony Tupou
13. Grant Millington

14. Kade Snowden
15. Reece Williams
16. Michael Crocker :cool:
17. Terrance Seu Seu

We may have to throw Jack Afamasaga in there.. If only Bakuya didn't go down! Or maybe we throw Brown on the bench and move Pom into the pack for a bit? Hmm losing Gallen, Anderson and Reni sucks!

Gee we miss a Adam Peek, Danny Nutley, Craig Stapleton kind of player..

I like that team SK.

we could use Norrie in Peeks place.
hope we get Crocker.......we need him.
I'm not really keen on misi.....I would prefer Brown or Fergusson.

Last edited:

Vossy

Bench
had a re-think on my team

1.Ferguson
2.Taulapapa/Simmons
3.Pomeroy
4.Brown
5.Covell
6.Barrett
7.Green
8.Ross
9.Hughes
10.Douglas
11.Tupou
12.Afamasaga
13.Gallen

14.Williams
15.Norrie
16.Snowden
17.Seu Seu

mortz

1- Ferguson
2- Simmons
3- Pommeroy
4- Brown
5- God
6- Kearney
7- Baz
8- Ross
9- Hughes
10- Norrie
11- Williams
12- Douglas
13- Gallen

14- Snowden
15- Afamasaga
16- Toupo
17- Caine

Reason i went for snowden on the bench is so he gives us some mongrel when he comes on, and as someone said, use norrie as a peak type player, thats a great call.
Keep toops on the bench if his neck is still bad, or even swap him to start and have gal on the benc.
If we sign crocker, bye bye jack.
Kearney to the halves as im not to impressed by blake green in first grade, guy is a whizz in nsw cup, also this way we get a chance to see ferguson.
Not a fan of cu2, dont think blake wants to play hooker, so welcome back tony caine, just please, dont f**king kick from dummy half

mortz

no thanx Pom should stay in the centres he has enough speed

while i agree with you, pomm is a good centre, he was also a f**king handy second rower at the pennies, and in his junior days, so if someone like brown ferguson or karl are impressing, and the injuries to cap'n n reni are bad, we do have that option there

or we could always sign crocker

sharkadelic

Juniors
1- Ferguson
2- Simmons
3- Pommeroy
4- Brown
5- God
6- Kearney
7- Baz
8- Ross
9- Hughes
10- Norrie
11- Williams
12- Douglas
13- Gallen

14- Snowden
15- Afamasaga
16- Toupo
17- Caine

Reason i went for snowden on the bench is so he gives us some mongrel when he comes on, and as someone said, use norrie as a peak type player, thats a great call.
Keep toops on the bench if his neck is still bad, or even swap him to start and have gal on the benc.
If we sign crocker, bye bye jack.
Kearney to the halves as im not to impressed by blake green in first grade, guy is a whizz in nsw cup, also this way we get a chance to see ferguson.
Not a fan of cu2, dont think blake wants to play hooker, so welcome back tony caine, just please, dont f**king kick from dummy half

Bingo. Green is an imposter. Doesnt belong in firsts. If Ricky wants to groom him, he can do it in Premier league. Kearney has all the attributes and the expereince to play in the halves. I dont want to see another no hoper gifter a hundred games....ever

sharks4ever

Juniors
1. Kearney
2. Brown
3. Simmons
4. Pommeroy
5. Covell
6. Barrett
7. Green
8. Ross
9. Hughes
10. Douglas
11. Gallen
12. Matuia
13. Tupou

14. Williams
15. Snowden
16. Norrie
17. Seu Seu

azzah72

Bench
there you go Azzah. He was the difference on the night.

Pfft!

He never got a mention until the bias local newpaper! They used to say Ando had great game plans and sh*t when they were utter crap and we were losing.

Grain of Salt!

I'll see for myself on saturday, I'll be happy to say I'm wrong if he plays well consistently for a few weeks, untill then I still have my reservations!

At least Reni is out!

Vossy

Bench
kearney in the halves, no fuggen way, he was moved to fullback, learned how to play there then you expect him to automatically start playing halfback again

green needs time playing his FAVOURITE position and that is HALFBACK..he needs to start round 1, you cant throw a bloke in with limited NRL experience in other positions apart from his favourite and expect him to pull something out of his arse in a significant game..

Pfft!

He never got a mention until the bias local newpaper! They used to say Ando had great game plans and sh*t when they were utter crap and we were losing.

Grain of Salt!

I'll see for myself on saturday, I'll be happy to say I'm wrong if he plays well consistently for a few weeks, untill then I still have my reservations!

At least Reni is out!

jeezus christ, talk about wrist slitting :crazy:

Ausguy

Coach
Kearney has to be fullback, i dont want a rookie playing FB and sh*tting himself in round 1. You dont think Penrith will know he is a rookie and target him. Kearney has to be in the team and has to be FB, i dont want experiments in round 1. RS will pick green at halfback i believe, if nothing other than RS wants size all over the park. all IMO of course.

azzah72

Bench
Keep up with the times Azzah, looks like your idols could be playing after all.

I don't look at the forum everyday so i was unaware he might be playing now.

Look, people are going on about Reni and how great he'll be, I just don't see it, his form at the dogs was shocking for at least 2 years, in between his playing time he was consistently injured or getting in the sh*t for being down the cross or something.

So i look at that and think why?

If he pulls his head in, knuckles down and concentrates on football, hell he might go ok but I just don't see it happening for a few reasons.

1. the bloke loves northies almost as much as maroubra, I played him in pool down there a few times (him partnering bird no less) and he just has girls hanging off him, no issue with that at all, I got the dregs once but he gets fired up when he's there.

2. He loves to sink em. Take that as you will

3. Ricky, allthough i think he has done wonders for the club, he is not known for his best behaviour himself nor getting players to pull their heads in, he's old school, play a game go get drunk, whatever i get it, that's cool but when a player is spinning out of control, Ricky isn't the type to get them to pull their head in, hell we all know the stories of Ricky when he was playing for Canberra, he was one of the biggest rat bags on them all.
Think about it, Bird got into sh*t and there was no stopping it, Gallen has had a few close calls. Ren has a proven track record of being a toolbag out in the streets, hell he STILL thinks he did nothing at the dogs. I don't care what anyone says but he got into a few mishaps and was given a few chances and he KEPT on screwing up. Thats my fear, his mind is elsewear and he wont perform, if we signed him, why the hell did we get rid of bird? There just as bad as each other!!

With this bloke and Barrett, I am just see the blokes as they are and I am not excited! you lot can call me what you will, don't really care, it's just how i see it, only time will tell wont it?

shintaro

Juniors
Kearney has to be fullback, i dont want a rookie playing FB and sh*tting himself in round 1. You dont think Penrith will know he is a rookie and target him. Kearney has to be in the team and has to be FB, i dont want experiments in round 1. RS will pick green at halfback i believe, if nothing other than RS wants size all over the park. all IMO of course.

If Seymour is not ready for round 1 Kearney will be the half..at Barret's request as he does not think Green is ready for that position in first grade. Kearney has been training at both half & full back.

Vossy

Bench
Ferguson will be fullback, green will be halfback..

kearney is not a halfback anymore

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Ferguson will be fullback, green will be halfback..

kearney is not a halfback anymore

Sorry Vossy, I'll have to go with shintaro. He's rarely, if ever wrong.

Maybe the centres will get the ball with Kearney there

Kearney and Paris. What a combo!!

Vossy

Bench
Sorry Vossy, I'll have to go with shintaro. He's rarely, if ever wrong.

Maybe the centres will get the ball with Kearney there

Kearney and Paris. What a combo!!

not what im being told..battle of the sauces..tomato > pwns everything else :)

kearney hasnt impressed sticky at all with his trial form and word is ferguson is a chance to start ahead of him at fullback..green will be halfback

guess we have to play the waiting game *sits on hands*

Latest posts