What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Predictor

Juniors
Obviously early days, though I’m curious an a little concerned how “desirable” potential signings view being coached by JR being a rookie coach, time will tell I guess, we’ve done lots of tapping on shoulders without much talk of potential signings?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Obviously early days, though I’m curious an a little concerned how “desirable” potential signings view being coached by JR being a rookie coach, time will tell I guess, we’ve done lots of tapping on shoulders without much talk of potential signings?
Depends on how you look at it I guess. Some might be willing to try and progress themselves with someone who’s keen and enthusiastic and open to ideas as opposed to someone completely set in their ways.

Noise

Coach
Yea it’s not a good look if we release a few merkins but can’t sign anyone decent to replace them with, particularly when we only have a top 27 this year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Depends on how you look at it I guess. Some might be willing to try and progress themselves with someone who’s keen and enthusiastic and open to ideas as opposed to someone completely set in their ways.
Everything i am hearing about Ryles just behind the scenes atm is very good & refreshing seems very switched on.

Sounds like we have poached one of the best young coaches in the market.

I am surprised considering when he played i thought he was over-rated and an idiot in a similar ilk to Braith Anasta in that era.

May be a few bumps in 2025 but i reckon after that 2026 and beyond things will look up similar to Ciraldo at the Dogs.

TheRam

Coach
Does anyone know if Iongi, 1. Is fast 2. Can defend?

He is fast without being blistering. But what is more crucial is he is fast of the mark and can step while maintaining that speed. He is also a decent enough defender for a fullback too.

If we could get him, Welsby and Votano to the club then I dare say it potentially we should have quite a decent backline going forward. The problem is though if we give up RCG and the princess and who knows which other forward in the process, then other than Hopgood who the hell is going to do all the hard yakka in defence and carries with the ball too? The rest of our pack basically likes to dance with the ball and offload. Defending seems to be someone else's problem.

Latest posts