What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Makes Me SICKKKKKKK!!!

Nuffs

Bench
hahaha, well done razor!

my dad should have to lock up his alcohol because it's going to harm under 18's? give me a fugging break. i never touched his alcohol when i was growing up. he would have shot me. they were the rules. only have a beer or 2, depending on my age, in front of him and that was it. i never once drank without him there until i was 16 and i was going to parties. that's when he'd buy me a 6 pack because he knew i could handle it. most of the time i'd take home a beer or 2 anyway from the parties

i wish i could see your faces in 20 years time when your kids are at "sleepovers/mates houses" when a parent calls you up saying your son/daughter is passed out on their front lawn. ROFL!!

SirShire

First Grade
Nuffs said:
i wish i could see your faces in 20 years time when your kids are at "sleepovers/mates houses" when a parent calls you up saying your son/daughter is passed out on their front lawn. ROFL!!

f**k that is funny. I've seen cops do it, and the parent's have rocked round to the part 5 mins later saying "some one has spike my daughter's drink". Then upon sniffing her, they smell the goon and sh*t all over her clothes and go nuts.

Nuffs

Bench
it's not a pretty sight seeing this sort of sh*t
i walked up to a party seeing a girl almost in a fit she was that sick from alcohol

it ended up being my cousin!

she had to go to hospital and get her stomach pumped. she would have been 15. she had never had any drinks until this party and then slammed a bottle of beam. now her parents are both bank managers and are great parents. they didn't believe in underage drinking and then had this happen. my 2 younger cosuins were given alcohol after this incident when they turned 16. they were fine with it

lolesi

First Grade
I got drunk for the first time when i was 15, from whiskey, yr 10 formal, ive never touched the stuff again, it made me sickkkkkkkkkkk to.

Moffo

Referee
Dilmah said:
LOL. In other words he always thinks he's right?

ive seen enough to know that you're wrong about european culture!

Willow, see you in Xian

An41

Juniors
drinking dirty 5L goon and skating drunk was great, rolled my ankle and skated home like nothing had happened

Razor said:
Pot is healthier for you than alcohol.

Tell that to my brother whom had to be put in a mental home for six months after smoking a joint. Luckily his okay now though on plenty of medication.

Never heard of a beer sending someone completely mad on the spot.

TooheysNew

Coach
Knight82 said:
Tell that to my brother whom had to be put in a mental home for six months after smoking a joint. Luckily his okay now though on plenty of medication.

I've heard of alcohol causing deaths more than pot has.

DeviL9 said:
What i don't get is how little kids, 14-15 years old.. go out and get blind drunk and spend the rest of the night spewing their brains out, and then continue to do so on a regular basis...

Peer pressure even happens as you get older when you dont feel like a drink and your mates say come on just a couple, be sociable so 9 out of 10 people will have 1 so as not to be a party pooper.

And @ that age teens especially dont want to be construed as an outsider and will desperately try to fit in.

Nuffs said:
and i agree that our situation is different from france and italy. they drink with their food to increase health and taste. us aussies eat food with our drinks to reduce spewing and line the stomach :lol:

Not all of us my old man has a fantastic wine collection and the right glass with the right meal does wonders, some of us do have class(not me, my parents lol)

Dilmah said:
I've heard of alcohol causing deaths more than pot has.

But you can handle alcohol responsibly, doing drugs is never responsible I am sure that you will agree.

And even though I enjoy a drink a fair bit I have to agree with you 21 would be a sensible age, though from 15 onwoulds I do believe that a beer here or there in the right situation does go along way to teaching kids responsibility.

Nuffs

Bench
Knight82 said:
Not all of us my old man has a fantastic wine collection and the right glass with the right meal does wonders, some of us do have class(not me, my parents lol)

same with my old man. he loves to open up a new bottle of wine and sit outside watching thunderstorms in the summer.
i think he's weird
he thinks it's blissful

and i wouldn't drink any of his wine collection if he paid me

Razor

Coach
it makes them bad parents becuase they don't always know 100% of the time what I or my siblings are doing?

No bad parents are parents that don't teach their children what they shouldn't do. And if their children rebel, then the parents failed to teach proper morals.

Pot won't either unless it has other chemicals added.

Razor-how many children have you had custody of ? It's always interesting to hear the condemnation of parents from those with the most experience.

sportive cupid

Referee
With all due respects Razor,if there was no reballion there would be no change.Nor would there be any real understanding of what to do in a given situation.You see it is impossible for parents to know exactly ywhat enovironment their children will be growing into. If children always accepted what the previous generation said then they would only have the armour to protect them in the same situations their parents found themselves.Any variation and they would be (excuse the language) ratsh*t.
As we are all aware the world is changing at an ever increasing rate.Like it or not we will not be able to teach our kids how to react/behave in all the situaions they find themasleves in because we simply will not have the experience.We will rely on their abilities to make their own judgements-one of the things we can teach them by allowing them to rebal and find their own way.