What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I'm a big believer in sport that 95%+ of the time you ultimately get what you deserve despite what may have went against you in a half, game or season but this is one of the other 5% IMO. We deserved to win that game and we deserved a lot better from the officials after the 23 minute mark when they couldn't find a single Manly infringement for the rest of the game.

That was a good and promising performance given how many we had out and we were stiff not to win. They were enthusiastic, ran hard and their goal line defence was fantastic apart from 1 play. That should put to bed the ridiculous rumours that Hooper came up with in regards to the players being off Robbo which by the way was started by Lodge and his manager so a big up yours to them.

Ultimately it doesn't matter that we lost because we know this year is a write off now and all that matters is improving, getting troops back and working out best combos going in to 2024 and in that regard I'm pleased with what I saw. The defensive acumen is there, it is attack that needs to improve and that isn't going to happen drastically until the off season.

All in all I've seen enough the last 2 weeks to suggest we will bounce back in a significant way next season. Could have easily won both of those games although didn't deserve to win the raiders game.

Good to see we are starting to unlock manu at centre again in attack but he needs to look at his defence. He has been stood up now by Croker and Parker in back to back weeks leading to long range tries in games that ultimately were lost by 2 points. Those 2 players should be beating Manu one on one 1/100 times and that's only if he slips over.

A shout out to Turpin who I think has been a great find this season and Toops who has been phenomenal since his injury.

3 teddy
2 toops
1 Collins

Bye now and then the back end of the season where I think we will get some wins but really I'm just looking for the team to build on today.

League guru

Juniors
Does JWH really have to stick his fingers in someone's eye to prove how tough he is? No wonder he is called the Big Dog.

Valheru

Coach
Does JWH really have to stick his fingers in someone's eye to prove how tough he is? No wonder he is called the Big Dog.

Don't know

Do half the manly team who won't wear a bit of colour on a jersey really need to 7 on 1 a bloke and nearly take out the ref for an accidental stud to the face due to the manly player holding Hutch ankle to show how tough they are?

League guru

Juniors
Don't know

Do half the manly team who won't wear a bit of colour on a jersey really need to 7 on 1 a bloke and nearly take out the ref for an accidental stud to the face due to the manly player holding Hutch ankle to show how tough they are?
Attacking the eyes is the lowest act there is on a football field. There is no comparasion.

Don't know

We won't mention the Manly player who stayed down clutching his head looking for a penalty, and when receiving it bounced to his feet with nothing wrong with him, yet he wasn't told to leave the field for an HIA........

Valheru

Coach
We won't mention the Manly player who stayed down clutching his head looking for a penalty, and when receiving it bounced to his feet with nothing wrong with him, yet he wasn't told to leave the field for an HIA........

Good idea

I see Tuipolotu was charged for a 79th minute dangerous contact on Tedesco.

One might suggest we could have used that shot at goal

H.H

Juniors
Good to see the boys playing with intent. It showed in the second half last week when there was a clear improvement in performance and they carried it into this week. Agree we were stiff not to win but credit to DCE, that was a masterclass and he was the clear difference.

If they can maintain that type of performance we'll win a few without a doubt, but we're just not good enough this year to do any real damage.

3 - Ted
2 - Toops
1 - Butcher

Really wasn't a bad player overall. More positives than negatives for me.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Maybe Radley should stop smashing blokes in the face.

The defence was the best thing about the performance. I’m convinced there’s definitely no off-field issues after seeing how they stood up for one another. Communication and timing in attack seems to be what needs working on. Still baffled by Joey’s kick into the in goal in the second half with no chases. Was a reasonable kick that could’ve led to something if not a repeat set if the rest of the team knew about it lol.

3 - Ted
2 - Toops
1 - Butcher