What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

Bazal

Post Whore
You hover over the heading and the first thing that comes up in the preview is Cronulla leading 10-0. So if you had no idea what was happening in the game and you see what the thread is all about - the game is spoiled...a pretty major turning point of the game is revealed.

But what it mostly says about this forum is that most people couldn't give a f*ck about other people and only about themselves and their own opinions. Want to talk about the game currently on? Talk about it in the right forum.

Or people could use their brains and avoid the forum if they don't want to catch a spoiler (eg the BRIGHT f**kING YELLOW SCORES IN THE SIDEBAR:crazy:)....should we not discuss the game until the replay tomorrow? What if that spoils it for people who want to watch the replay on Thursday? Maybe we should just not discuss games at all in case it spoils it :roll:

Alex28

Coach
Stay off the internet dickhead
Sorry Internet Sheriff - didn't realise you dictate terms around these parts...

My point about people not giving a f*ck about others pretty much stands. This forum is absolutely full of internet heroes who act like tough guys online but would piss their pants in any confrontation in real life.

Why should people have to avoid the forum while a game is on if they don't want to know the score?

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
If there's any justice the Sharks will win. Can't see it happening tho.

OT, LU seriously needs a better ISP. This thing just crawls to a halt on weekends...

Theres no justice, Mitch brown gets smashed in a high shot 5 mins from FT....no penalty, two mins later manly get a dodgy penalty that leads to the winning try.....back to the 80's when manly had everyone in their pockets.

f**king scum club, scum fans, scum players.....''enjoy'' your win, they earnt nothing

Brutus

Referee
Luke Covell's post-match interview on ABC Grandstand summed it up.

He absolutely gave it to the refs.

What a disgraceful performance from those sh*theads in pink.

No doubt there's bunch of pissed off Sharks and Tigers (their finals' hopes are now officially over) fans today.

Brutus

Referee
Theres no justice, Mitch brown gets smashed in a high shot 5 mins from FT....no penalty, two mins later manly get a dodgy penalty that leads to the winning try.....back to the 80's when manly had everyone in their pockets.

If only Mitch had of stayed down. I was yelling at the tele for him to stay down. They would've got a penalty and avoided the wooden spoon.

f**k off Manly.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Sharks didn't deserve to lose that one. Feel sorry for them.

Manly needed the refs help to beat 12 shark players. I don't feel so about about last night now.

CrazyEel

Bench
Even Indian cricket bookmakers wouldn't dare to influence a game so heavily, most biased officiating of the year by those two nuffies.

squiddy

Juniors
Thats all I need to say - the standard of refs and lack of consistency in this game is farked

Manly fLIP

Juniors
I was stunned when the ref put the arm up and sent him off. It was in the back of my mind that he might get 10 in the bin, which probably was more what's needed given it was an accident.

However, after the game and thinking a little more about the decision i realised we didn't get our player back either. In the heat of the moment i can see how the refs managed to get it wrong.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
wooden-spoon.png

ashee9

Juniors
hollow victory. Not the sea eagles fault mind you, but gotta feel for the sharks. Thought covell had a great game and snowden was pretty good too.

Ryan

Juniors
Dude - I'm a Manly fan - and totally agree. You guys deserved to win that game. More heart. More passion. Better passes. Better go forward.

That send off was ridiculous.

I don't think you'll get many arguments from Manly fans this week. The better team lost mate.

I apologise for that. Taking nothing away from Cronulla - Manly were pathetic.

ok lets try this again, to the mod who moved this post to the sharks forum, i hope you read the post rather than just the original title

Cronulla Supporters, jeez your team played well today today, you should be very proud.......i will take the two points, but FMD we do not deserve them...as for the send off.....what a load of sh*t.......the way it is going......unfortunately, i think this, is the year where a grand final will possibly be decided by the refs

as for Manly.....i hope we fire up against the other teams in the eight otherwise it will be all over red rover in week one of the finals

well played sharks

Big Pete

Referee
Manly generally receive the rub of the green from the referee's. Even when they got 'screwed' by the Titans they received every 50/50 call before the pivotal moment.

Latest posts