What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
what a joke that game is. once again the sharks have had 2 points stolen from them

here we are, moments away from resurging our season, and the morons in the middle get it wrong.

i am mad

Thanks for posting - haven't heard what Sticky has had to say yet.

But it will be a PR nightmare for the NRL, particularly if they give the club a 10k fine just on what Covell said.

Good on him for not holding back.

I'm an Eels supporter, and I'd chip in a token donation in a modest gesture to help the club to pay the fine. I'm sure a lot of league supporters would.

So we can't be pissed off when we get robbed?

There is no doubt we got lucky today and the sharks were shafted, and I think they have every right to be pissed off right now.

The Seagles were far from robbed in that game. They received pretty much every decision before that, even if he hadn't blown the penalty the Tits would have had possession deep in your half with a minute to go.

snoozer

Bench
i can't hate manly for todays loss.they were lucky and with the calls and we weren't.

i can however hate the clowns in pink.

and the clown in charge of them.

and the clown that runs the nrl.

Billythekid

First Grade
We did not deserve the win but I will take the 2 points. When the send off first happened I could not believe it but at the end of the day Bailey never returned to the field as a result of the tackle.

This is the problem. That should not be a part of the decision making process.

StormChaser

First Grade
Not a fan of lolSharks, but holy Jaysus they were donkey punched today by the refs. Manly, hang your heads in shame! You did not deserve that win.

cupid

Juniors
Just got home from the game, gee if there was ever a more undeserving victory that would get my vote, The ref was awful, giving away sh*t penalties to both teams, I thought it was even there, but that send off was unwarrented, sure maybe a sin bin, but no way a send off.

Cronulla showed alot of heart today, 12 men, and a ton of injuries, just wish our bunch put in for all the fans that turned up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If todays game wasn't an advertisment for a new refs boss i don't know what is. But don't hold you're breath have a look at the dickhead running the game :?

gong_eagle

First Grade
Thanks for posting - haven't heard what Sticky has had to say yet.

But it will be a PR nightmare for the NRL, particularly if they give the club a 10k fine just on what Covell said.

Good on him for not holding back.

I'm an Eels supporter, and I'd chip in a token donation in a modest gesture to help the club to pay the fine. I'm sure a lot of league supporters would.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/audio/2009/08/30/2671035.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

ricky Stuart

lsta5838

Juniors
I feel sorry for Sharks. Definately robbed.

- Send off was a joke
- Manly niggling in ruck and no penalties
- Manly's second last try, the week before against the Gold Coast, the Sharks had pretty much the same try disallowed
- With 3 or so minutes to go, one of the Sharks players gets hit high, but plays the ball, should have been penalty 40m's out, which Covell could have kicked and gotten 4 point lead, or kicked it dead and gotten it back from a 20m drop out. But somehow the refs missed that one

I forgot to mention, Manly's second try was off a foward pass

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Not a fan of lolSharks, but holy Jaysus they were donkey punched today by the refs. Manly, hang your heads in shame! You did not deserve that win.

Why the f**k should manly hang their head in shame ? Did manly make the f**ked up calls ? Did manly pay off the refs ? Come on you tell me did they ?

cupid

Juniors
what a joke that game is. once again the sharks have had 2 points stolen from them

here we are, moments away from resurging our season, and the morons in the middle get it wrong.

i am mad
What? I agree you were robbed, but how in the hell were you about to resurge your season, your second last for farks sake.

Feej

First Grade
Why the f**k should manly hang their head in shame ? Did manly make the f**ked up calls ? Did manly pay off the refs ? Come on you tell me did they ?
Maybe not, but if it took all that for your mob to get over the top of a team of what is essentially reserve graders, then you're gonna need a lot more of that in the coming weeks.

Latest posts