What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly don't want Hasler in 2012

Loudstrat

Coach
DCE and Watmough spotted in Leeds recently too. Obviously they will be Rhinos soon.

FFS Manly's f*cking stupid board are just feeding equally f*cking stupid media sensationalist hacks, who are read by equally f*cking stupid fans. But it's Penn's fault , and the stupid brainless knobs around him. Has a coach ever been sacked because of a baseless rumour that a contracted player is going to ask for a release? Not even the balls up with Moltzen is as stupid.

Imagine if Arko had punted Frank Santon because there was a rumour that Terry Randall was going to ask for a release to join Canterbury! :lol::lol:

How the f*ck this mob cobbled together one premiership, let alone 2, is utterly beyond me!

Loudstrat

Coach
There is lots of talk about Foran doing a Darius and racing off to join his coach. I do not for a second consider Foran to be a stalker like Boyd, who probbly has a dark and disturbing candle lit room somewhere wallpapered with photos and articles about Wayne Bennet.

I'm thinking that Foran is in an unbelievably fortunate position to be a young gun five/eight that has gelled so well with an equally young gun halfback, with the possibility of a career long partnership with him. Such a partnership, I believe, would be the catalyst for a long and highly successful career. And an increasingly rare one. I can think of only 3 others that started in similar fashion: Sterling and Kenny in 1981, Langer and Walters in 1990, and Daly and Stuart (in the same year I think). For all 6 it meant multiple premierships and test gigs.

I think Foran's future is best served sticking with DCE than Hasler, because I think no matter who the coach is, Foran will more likely find sucess being part if a gun halves combo - such a thing elevates those around them - than with a gun coach. For starters, the coach might not be around for his whole career. Watch Boyd become a psychotic mess when talk of Bennet retiring emerges. Secondly, who knows who will be his halves partner? Adam Dykes was a gun when he joined Parramatta - only to play halfback with Daniel Wagon as the most useless pivot ever. Career and reputation ended for Dykesey! Brad Fittler stopped winning premierships when Ricky Stuart replaced Adrian Lam with Brett Finch.

The other thing to consider is that he has something to help him in the emerging three way battle for a Kiwi jumper that Benji Marshall and Shaun Johnson may not - a great combination with a halfback in a club jumper.

I guess the question is this - what is better for his future? To keep this great combination going with DCE, or to go with his coach and seek to do it all on his own?

I reckon he and DCE would be best served by staying together.

Talons

Juniors
Come on DJ he didn't do it. The Club is a known liar, just look at it's history. Oh and the Club's daddy, Mr Arthurson, has a record as a serial poacher. If Des gets the right defence and is willing to part with $350 big ones, they won't prove a thing. No sweat!!

Des backed down and wouldn't pursue legal action to clear his name:sarcasm:

I know if it were me money would be no object if I was innocent, maybe those qualities aren't as important for you..speak volumes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
How does that work? Because Dugan hates Manly or because Manly wouldn't suddenly become interested in Dugan if Stewart left?

because they are a rabble right now and dugan more than anything wants to be on a team he sees he can achieve things such as premierships and rep footy, he sees a future with the raiders but unless we're back in the finals hunt next year, i doubt we keep him, he wants to be the star he thinks he can be . Manly arent really a distination that is desirable right now.

They would no doubt be interested, but i dont see it as a realistic landing spot for Dugan. Certainly someone he'll use to drive up his price should stewart leave

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
I wonder how many out clauses Des will encourage new Dogs signings to place in there contracts.

Thats a fckin scandulous way to try to drive up your contract and "worth" to a club.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I wonder how many out clauses Des will encourage new Dogs signings to place in there contracts.

Thats a fckin scandulous way to try to drive up your contract and "worth" to a club.

maybe he doesn't need to encourage them as you'd think the players had the clauses put in themselves

if the players insisted on the clause when they signed then you'd think there's a good chance they'd leave. especially if next year is shit under Toovey

Canard

Immortal
According to Roy Masters, Des personally negotiated quite a few of the key players contracts.

If thats true, and he got them to insert that clause, thats fckin scandulous.

Also this leaked emails that he sent to the CEO saying "Please see me about this" about there comments about winning a premiership seem like this guy is on some sort of power trip.

Cletus

First Grade
According to Roy Masters, Des personally negotiated quite a few of the key players contracts.

Also this leaked emails that he sent to the CEO saying "Please see me about this" about there comments about winning a premiership seem like this guy is on some sort of power trip.

He is on a power trip he's a massive control freak. Great coach but he always wanted control over everything.
His claims that he didn't poach staff because he told Greenburg to do it for him are rediculous. There's no difference between that and doing it himself. It was never going to work with him at Manly this year because he hates the admin and would be looking at players he wants at the Dogs rather than developing them for Manly. Thanks for the memories Des, you took us from a rabble to a force in a few years but Toovey needs to take charge now and you can run the water if you don't want to bugger off to the Dogs.

El Diablo

Post Whore

you can't force a player to insert a get out clause

Latest posts