What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly on the whinge

Dutchy

Immortal
if the nrl come out with a statement saying stewart with an underage girl while intoxicated was the misdemeanor then i dont think anyone would hear from manly anymore.

Umm, the courts already found he wasn't intoxicated, and not with an under age girl. That would put the NRL in the same fact juggling boat as the DT.

t-ba

Post Whore
If the NRL did that Gaba they'd get their arses sued. We could knock down the JTS with the proceeds...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive been hearing these supporters saying how he was suspended for 2 years then found not guilty.

Lets get the facts right.

Yes he was suspended, or stood down by the club for a few weeks, but he was NOT suspended for 2 years.

He was injured in 2009 and missed most of the season, and got injured again in 2010 after 1 game.

So hes had bad luck with injury but im glad he's fully fit and now a free man.

Gaba

First Grade
Umm, the courts already found he wasn't intoxicated, and not with an under age girl. That would put the NRL in the same fact juggling boat as the DT.

wasnt she 17 when the police charged him ,yes he may have been found not to be intoxicated , but he was still seen drinking alcohol and was under the influence

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
OH MY GOD HE WAS DRUNK!!!

Fire up!!!!

That a guy like Watmough, who is criminally idiotic and seemed to cause more trouble at the function didn't get slapped with a ban says something...

t-ba

Post Whore
i dont know about that

Potentially Interfering with criminal proceedings before their completion (it's why civil matters relating to a crime are typically heard after there conclusion. ie.: Criminal Compensation), any number of charges relating to an attack on an individuals character that could have potentially resulted in a loss of earnings...yep...nothing...

PB

Bench
Just because the jury in the court case are assuming he wasn't blind drunk, doesn't mean he wasn't - maybe the NRL were more thorough in their investigation!?! The way that case was handled by the DPP appeared pathetic.

As for Manly - When you ply your players full of alochol - not just Stewart - the whole team - you get what is coming to you. - The $100k = deserved!

And the inconsistancies as they see them have worked in their favour when it comes to Watmough - perhaps if some of the off field incidents he was involved in were investigated or made public they would find they have dodged a few bullets themselves..

As long as they have people of the ilk of Peters and Lowe, Toovey and Hasler, the standards set by Manly will always be below that of the rest of the league..

Now what week do we anticipate Haslers first rant about ref's? Week 1 or 2?

_MayMoo 2

Juniors

The court wasn't ruling on him being intoxicated were they ?
I'd be surprised if they were, and I'd be further surpised if they found that. As at the time he was asked to leave licensed premises and was clearly intoxicated and even his lawyer admitted "he was not stone cold sober" and that's his lawyer.

Manlys dealing with this affair, at the time not acting was the downfall of Stewart.

I have little symapthy, and I dont see how this can be compared to the Marshall case. He from all reports was not intoxicated and at this stage it has been dealt with by the Tigers (to meet an NRL deadline) to the accepted level of the NRL (for the time being anyway).

I certainly don't condone what Marshall did, but Manly need to build a bridge as the two incidents are not related.

saint pebba

Coach
The only reason the nrl suspended Stewart was because Manly wouldn't.

Manly were fined 100k not only because of Stewart but also Watmough fighting a sponsor and the lack of order at their season launch.

If you remember at the time, this incident came on top of Bird glassing his girlfriend (in which cronulla stood him down) and seymour being unable to walk through Cronulla mall (again cronulla stood him down).

The reason Manly didn't stand Stewart or Watmough down for their drunken behaviour was because it was their fault they were drunk.

The cases with Marshall and Carney are legal issues and not alcohol related incidents

t-ba

Post Whore
Umm...Didn't Carney blow over? Like you know, the legally allowed amount of BAC he is meant to have when driving?

The Seymour sacking was simply ridiculous.

Why stand down Stewart when the serial offender didn't get stood down? Watmough's got form atleast...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The only reason the nrl suspended Stewart was because Manly wouldn't.

Manly were fined 100k not only because of Stewart but also Watmough fighting a sponsor and the lack of order at their season launch.

If you remember at the time, this incident came on top of Bird glassing his girlfriend (in which cronulla stood him down) and seymour being unable to walk through Cronulla mall (again cronulla stood him down).

The reason Manly didn't stand Stewart or Watmough down for their drunken behaviour was because it was their fault they were drunk.

The cases with Marshall and Carney are legal issues and not alcohol related incidents
Stop talking sense mate or you'll be banned from the forum.

Manly should be fined $100000 a year for every year we have to put up with Des f**king Hasler.

Keffola

Juniors
Just because the jury in the court case are assuming he wasn't blind drunk, doesn't mean he wasn't - maybe the NRL were more thorough in their investigation!?! The way that case was handled by the DPP appeared pathetic.

As for Manly - When you ply your players full of alochol - not just Stewart - the whole team - you get what is coming to you. - The $100k = deserved!

And the inconsistancies as they see them have worked in their favour when it comes to Watmough - perhaps if some of the off field incidents he was involved in were investigated or made public they would find they have dodged a few bullets themselves..

As long as they have people of the ilk of Peters and Lowe, Toovey and Hasler, the standards set by Manly will always be below that of the rest of the league..

Now what week do we anticipate Haslers first rant about ref's? Week 1 or 2?

It wasn't just in court that Stewart was found not to be intoxicated, licensing police also checked footage to make sure the hotel was not serving him alcohol when they shouldn't have been. They also found that he wasn't drunk.

Gallop should step in and stand down Desmond's "side-part" hair do.

Manly seem to be doing nothing about his atrocious stylings and frankly I'm sick of it.

But seriously, I hate Manly.

They had a pretty sweet run with Arko at the helm and I think it's about time they copped it in the Corso.

I will enjoy watching them miss the 8 this year.

Dessie will bleat and make excuses like when they got bounced last year :)D) and everyone else will laugh and laugh, oh joy!!

caspersparks

Juniors

Manly seem to be doing nothing about his atrocious stylings and frankly I'm sick of it.

They had a pretty sweet run with Arko at the helm and I think it's about time they copped it in the Corso.

Dessie will bleat and make excuses like when they got bounced last year :)D) and everyone else will laugh and laugh, oh joy!!

typical saints fan.. they win one premiership against substandard competition and arrogance doubles in a heartbeat..

Patorick

Staff member

Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

They are right to demand an apology and their $100,000 back. The NRL are f**ked. Stewart deserves an apology. But he won't get it.

Any calls for Carney and Marshall to be suspended just because they got it wrong with Stewart are nonsense.

^ this

Latest posts