What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly on the whinge

Scarves

Juniors
There are no winners here, nothing good can come from this. The arguments on the forum are beginning to degenerate. There is no apology coming Manly's way from the NRL, the bleating is beginning to look ugly, and the cash penalty isn't being returned in any shape or form. Yes, to reach this point the NRL has arguably made a fine mess of the handling of this issue, but what is past is now prologue.

It is time for the leaders on both sides of the fence to put an end to the ignorance and the arrogance and work together for the collective good of the game. Acknowledge the past and learn together from the past.

The time is the now and we must all move on together from this issue as a united Rugby League, that means all of us as fans must not carry on as a fracticious band of blind club supporters but begin to have the games best interests at heart.

This year can prove to be the games watershed season. As we move on, upward, forward and with great anticipation, let us hope the NRLwill no longer act on similar serious controversial issues with a knee jerk panic stricken media focussed type of decision. From what I have seen with the recent issues, I believe the administration is moving slowly down a better track.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
I love the fact that Manly are just having a big ole whinge... Finally we can get back to the good ole days where everyone just hated Manly.

I liked Jennings talking up the rivalries as well even though they ended up getting smashed by parra. Maybe the panthers are going back to their roots as the "chocolate soldiers" after last years woeful finals exit...

Except this time Manly have a case to question the NRL on the handling of the Stewart situation, double standards shown and the fact that Stewart is constantly mentioned and compared when an NRL player has an off-field incident.

Just goes to show that the NRL should have an independent commission and not have one merkin hand down decisions.

Most people agree Manly have a point and should be speaking up, look at the polls.. Winning!

Gaba

First Grade
If the NRL admitted fault with Stewart, wouldn't Manly then be able to take legal action against them?
why manly is the employer of stewart , the nrl is like the ceo which overruled manly for not making the correct decision .

Loudstrat

Coach
Police checked the video from the bar and found that Stewart was not served any more alcohol after he had been cut off.

Except this time Manly have a case to question the NRL on the handling of the Stewart situation, double standards shown and the fact that Stewart is constantly mentioned and compared when an NRL player has an off-field incident.

Just goes to show that the NRL should have an independent commission and not have one merkin hand down decisions.

Most people agree Manly have a point and should be speaking up, look at the polls.. Winning!

What part of "got hammered" dont you understand?

As I said, when Manly can apologise to Parramatta for cheating buy buying a referee in the semi final in 1978, you can whinge that the sloppy way you started 2009 attracted a fine from the NRL.

IN the end, far more reasoned Manly fans have suggested we forgive and forget. Let it be huh?

Latest posts