What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly releases Watmough.

Slug

Juniors
"Extreme depth"....oh fckn lols.

Not one of their prop rotation would play first grade for any other club. Mason maybe...for 10 minutes:lol:

Lawrence was let go by the Titans...not because of any salary cap issues.

Starling for exactly the same reason. Useless. Letting Gumbies like him go is part of the reason for Souths success. No dead wood.

The beagles are loaded with dead wood in the MOST important position in league. The front row.

Their front row is a joke. Just Laughable.
:lol:

ek999

First Grade
Manly will make the top 8 with ease...probably top 4. They have signed very cleverly indeed imo.

Their forwards next year - Lawrence, Starling, Mason, Mateo, Buhrer, Lefao, Lui, Vave, Tetevano, Symonds, Horo, Hasson, and the youngster Trbojevic. Extreme depth.

Add this forward depth now to their sensational backs...big chance at comp yet again....very clever club I admire them.

Their best signing this year? The Souths CFO Kelly - Penn, very smart businessman.

That's a really weak forward pack IMO, one of the worst in the comp even. That's not to say that they won't make the top 8 or even the top 4 because they have a lot of quality players in other positions

That's a really weak forward pack IMO, one of the worst in the comp even. That's not to say that they won't make the top 8 or even the top 4 because they have a lot of quality players in other positions

It certainly does look weak, but there is some real promising players in there as well. Would have benefited a lot from having someone of Watbros experience playing along side them for a couple of years (obviously forgetting the destabilising influence that he reportedly has been).

Dutchy

Immortal
Buhrer and Symonds were both better than Watmough this season. Sene-Lafeo is always improving and I'm expecting a huuuuge season from him in 2015.

If Donny can whip Mateo into shape, he will be an added spark in the pack, one we missed this season. A ball player, Gift was injured or out of form. Mateo and Lyon and DCE I can see being a great combination.

Dutchy

Immortal
We've signed 4 blokes on Chocs money. Only need decent value out of one of them to match this season, a good season from most or all of them, and we are back in the Premiership race.

clipser

Juniors
This "Slug" Character been around long?

Trolling needs work, but i guess its the off season

Buhrer and Symonds were both better than Watmough this season. Sene-Lafeo is always improving and I'm expecting a huuuuge season from him in 2015.

If Donny can whip Mateo into shape, he will be an added spark in the pack, one we missed this season. A ball player, Gift was injured or out of form. Mateo and Lyon and DCE I can see being a great combination.

Will be your best forward in 2015 IMO.

Dutchy

Immortal
I can see Horo spending time in reserve grade unless he finds his 2013 form and moves into the middle. Buhrer owns the left edge now.

Win/Win. Red hot Horo, or no useless Horo.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Like Melbourne, Manly are going to have spend a big chunk of their cap keeping their star two half backs. If they can do a Storm and turn numpty forwards into decent players will determine continued success or not.

t-ba

Post Whore
If Watmong was actually commited to the club he would be a terrible loss. However, he has completely derailed a season, caused deep rifts amongst the playing groups and effectively singlehandedly ended this season for Manly. As far as I see it, it is a win for Manly and a win for the Eels. As long as Arthur can keep his ego in check he will be a cracking senior player and mentor for their youngsters from a winning culture. His time with us was done the moment he decided to be an arsehat. I am very disappointed he has tarnished his legacy in such a way that I have to retire 'Ridemshum' from my Sig.

Again, if Gifty wasn't broken he would be a terrible loss.As it stands, he is broken and barely contributed in a season where we came equal first. If he was healthy, he would be a loss, but he wasn't much value for us on a physio table. If he stays healthy he will be a very handy pick up for Souths but we need his (considerable) cap money freed up to rejuvenate our squad.

The next step is DCE/Foran.Very f**king scary. Hopefully with Watmough pissing off the cancerous attitude in the dressing room will clear up. I'm not a fan of the Penn famiy but hopefully their purchase of Quantum shares will also give us stability there...

I think we're still a good shout for the 8, and a sneaky chance at the top 4.

oikee

Juniors
I Don't know why Parra want Watmough. He's a dickhead.

All the Eagles fans are happy to see the broken down hack leave.
Manly are great at getting rid of wingers and England rejects.

They must be close to over the cap because they bought a broken down washed up Willie and a Warriors reject.
Probably let them both go next year and say look, we have freed up 1.5
You have to laugh, nobody is fooled by the Roosters or Eagles rosters. I mean most clubs, even the Broncos would kkill to have alll those players under the cap,,,,,?,,, haha they would need two caps. haha
Anyhow, lets move on.
The next expansion team needs to be Brisbane, let the game thrive and the money really flow.

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
Like Melbourne, Manly are going to have spend a big chunk of their cap keeping their star two half backs. If they can do a Storm and turn numpty forwards into decent players will determine continued success or not.

It's been something they've been able to do for quite a while now. Have a look at their history.

Glenn Hall
Shane Rodney
Joe Gulavao
George Rose
Josh Perry
Brenton Lawrence
Tom Symonds
Justin Horo

I'm sure there are other examples. They take average players and turn them into exactly what they need. They may not be world beaters, but they do exactly what is needed for the club. Every one of those players on that list has played in grand finals, the top 5 all winning one, the bottom 3 still at the club so a chance.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
"Extreme depth"....oh fckn lols.

Not one of their prop rotation would play first grade for any other club. Mason maybe...for 10 minutes:lol:

Lawrence was let go by the Titans...not because of any salary cap issues.

Starling for exactly the same reason. Useless. Letting Gumbies like him go is part of the reason for Souths success. No dead wood.

The beagles are loaded with dead wood in the MOST important position in league. The front row.

Their front row is a joke. Just Laughable.
:lol:

Why do they allow internet time at sheltered workshops unsupervised?