What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Salary Cap

Iafeta

Referee
Green Turds will be all like "Shut this down! He's a Bulldog next year, dammit". Whereas this year it was "let's hold a cloud over this man and act with no urgency. And when we conclude we think he's not guilty, we will ban him for three rounds. I like it, let's do it".

LESStar58

Referee
Lol after how badly the storm got f**ked by punishment in2010, I really thought it would scare the clubs to death from pulling this shit

Agreed.

Wouldn't wish the events of 2010 (or a deceitful administration at club level) on anyone but they'll get zero sympathy from me.

justdave

Juniors
And if a club is going to do the paper bag thing, why in the car park of the ground? Wouldn't it be more gentrified to have a businessman over for lunch, tea and bickies in your own home?

t-ba

Post Whore
And if a club is going to do the paper bag thing, why in the car park of the ground? Wouldn't it be more gentrified to have a businessman over for lunch, tea and bickies in your own home?

alJ91hNL.jpeg

Life's Good

Coach
How long before Greenburg and Co take out a bounty on that meddling McClymont woman? Todd would love nothing more than for everyone to swallow the NRL BS that the cap is working well and doing its job and everything is just hunky dorey
I for one am glad the spotlight is being shone on this. I don't care which club it is. It's time the NRL did what they are meant to do and clean this sort of sh*t up. Every year they send a bunch of execs on 'study tours' of US & UK sports teams. I think the only thing they study are the dining options in their hotels and the best r*b & t*g places because the admin side of the game isn't too healthy.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I for one am glad the spotlight is being shone on this. I don't care which club it is. It's time the NRL did what they are meant to do and clean this sort of sh*t up. Every year they send a bunch of execs on 'study tours' of US & UK sports teams. I think the only thing they study are the dining options in their hotels and the best r*b & t*g places because the admin side of the game isn't too healthy.

Surely spending $2.7milion a year more of the games money on the integrity unit and has cleaned the game right up? No? Really?

Nice Beaver

First Grade

The problem is, the NRL Integrity Unit, cap auditors etc have done NOTHING to pick up any supposed activity. And likely never will.

This has been raised by the NSW Police. According to the NRL and all of their departments, Manly are squeaky clean. (And I suspect will be proven to be so once this crap is sorted).

Can I ask when it became the responsibility of the NSW Crime Commission to police the NRL salary cap? If they have something, then provide it to the NRL. They appear not to be doing that at all.

This whole thing (cap allegations, match fixing etc) has been one giant cluster f*ck since day one. A lot of allegations and innuendo with no evidence, other than seemingly hazy testimony from disgruntled people.

It seems quite obvious there is a target to all of these investigations, but nobody can make any of the mud stick. So they seem intent on throwing up hand grenades trying to get some traction with the collateral damage.

All my opinion of course.

OldPanther

Coach
Seems like a nontraversy to me. When the NRL investigate these things properly and show evidence/consequences then make a song and dance about it.

Last edited:

Zadar

Juniors
The problem is, the NRL Integrity Unit, cap auditors etc have done NOTHING to pick up any supposed activity. And likely never will.

This has been raised by the NSW Police. According to the NRL and all of their departments, Manly are squeaky clean. (And I suspect will be proven to be so once this crap is sorted).

Can I ask when it became the responsibility of the NSW Crime Commission to police the NRL salary cap? If they have something, then provide it to the NRL. They appear not to be doing that at all.

This whole thing (cap allegations, match fixing etc) has been one giant cluster f*ck since day one. A lot of allegations and innuendo with no evidence, other than seemingly hazy testimony from disgruntled people.

It seems quite obvious there is a target to all of these investigations, but nobody can make any of the mud stick. So they seem intent on throwing up hand grenades trying to get some traction with the collateral damage.

All my opinion of course.

The more journalists and networks that get sued for defamation the better, it will stop stupid reports of these allegations until evidence is provided, pretty sure ch 7 got sued for claiming Steve Matai's phone got confiscated by police when it actually didn't according to big sports breakfast on Sunday.

OldPanther

Coach
The more journalists and networks that get sued for defamation the better, it will stop stupid reports of these allegations until evidence is provided, pretty sure ch 7 got sued for claiming Steve Matai's phone got confiscated by police when it actually didn't according to big sports breakfast on Sunday.

Good.

siv

First Grade
Surely spending $2.7milion a year more of the games money on the integrity unit and has cleaned the game right up? No? Really?
Rather than paying them a flat $2.7 milion

Pay their wages out of the fine revenue they generate