What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Salary Cap

t-ba

Post Whore
I seem to remember people saying the same about a certain Nathan Tinkler. Even rich people have limits on how much they'll spend on their toys. Its clear from Barrett that the owners dont want to spend much more. Whats your losses this year on an 8500 crowd avg I wonder?

Tinkler was a mining bogan who basically did what Homer Simpson did with pumpkin futures. He had a few billion through outrageous fortune and then it was gone, all in like under a decade.

I dislike them, but the Penns are a multi-generational family of wealthy folk with their claws firmly entrenched in the American weight loss industry. Society essentially has to collapse for them to not be rolling in cash. They also fought off a shitload of suitors over the course of near on a decade to assume complete control of the club. They have been bankrolling the club in some capacity since before the stacked teams of 2007-14

When you have a clue come back.

theo

Juniors
What national competition? In 1982 they brought in Illawarra and Canberra. There was no Broncos, Knights, Storm, Cowboys, Warriors or Gold Coast.

So what you are suggesting, it seems, is a three team comp with Illawarra, Canberra, and a third side made up of the best players from 12 Sydney clubs, while the pre-1982 comp continued.

There's a time for everything and not then with those numbers. The swell has grown and the wave is ridable now. It has been for a while.

It's rich boys that can afford big toys and I am not rich nor big. I'll have to sit and watch.

It's the off-season now for a lot of teams including mine and time to relax and refresh ourselves

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
The Penn family is very wealthy and this whole thing is an ego trip for them.

Manly will continue to rot while these idiots have a say in running the club.
Some of the emails they send their board are hilarious including a note saying they had signed Mitchell Pearce the day before the Knights made their announcement.

They tried to screw over two players and those players responded by putting the club in the poo. That and a knob of an ex lower grade coach ran squealing to the NRL after he was sacked

mave

Coach
Manly will continue to rot while these idiots have a say in running the club.
Some of the emails they send their board are hilarious including a note saying they had signed Mitchell Pearce the day before the Knights made their announcement.

They tried to screw over two players and those players responded by putting the club in the poo. That and a knob of an ex lower grade coach ran squealing to the NRL after he was sacked

Trust me, us Manly fans need no encouragement when it comes to finding fault with the Penns.

It will be a great day when these people get bored with using the club as a plaything for their egos, and sell up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Trust me, us Manly fans need no encouragement when it comes to finding fault with the Penns.

It will be a great day when these people get bored with using the club as a plaything for their egos, and sell up.

How will you pay the bills without them?

Latest posts