What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly won't win the comp *spoilerS*

BWNB

First Grade
On the back of that attacking effort, like the sharks they won't. Truly pathetic :LOL: what was the penalty count? 15/5 in favor of Manly. Discuss

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah, with a title like that, I don't think you need to include the word 'spoilers'

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gower probably put his hand up for origin duties more so then Orford
but the pressure is now on Kimmorley big time, direct match up against the QLD halfback, a solid performance there should see him named

BWNB

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Gower probably put his hand up for origin duties more so then Orford
but the pressure is now on Kimmorley big time, direct match up against the QLD halfback, a solid performance there should see him named
Yes the pressure is on Kimmorley but it won't matter he won't get selected he is sh!t and i hope he doesn't get selected for origin. This game is his most important in his career in the long run. If he plays well he could be up for SOO and then a contract...

Harold Bishop

Juniors
King and Kite might as well have not turned up tonight. Stewart and Watmough were the only forwards standing up.
Im not going to get to beat up over it thought, you always see teams play pretty flat after a massive game.

i dont think manly were too bad today to be honest, you cant really judge them on a weeks peformance, having said that the panthers played very well i thought, and have been very unpredictable so far this season.

Garts

Bench
Panthers played much better, probably should have put more on us apart from the penalies against them. Manly will bounce back!!!

BWNB

First Grade
Harold Bishop said:
King and Kite might as well have not turned up tonight. Stewart and Watmough were the only forwards standing up.
Im not going to get to beat up over it thought, you always see teams play pretty flat after a massive game.
Agreed, most teams have to lose and maybe this was Manly's due loss just like last weeks loss to the roosters was Cronullas' overdue loss.

Clock watcher

Juniors
Tonight was a wake up call for the eagles, htey are not unbeatable by any means, at times tonight they may have htought they were. hateto see them get beat like that, but will be a good thing for thier attitude later in the year.
Penrith however could build on a defensive effort like that!!!!!

Mary

Juniors
Meh, they had one off game.

I thought defense was their biggest weakness tonight personally.

Munky

Coach
Has any team spread the ball as well as Penrith vs them this season?

With so many non-ball players at 5/8th in teams they could play a compressed line. Gower and Wallace actually strung two passes together and Manly had no answer.

wittyfan

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Agreed, most teams have to lose and maybe this was Manly's due loss just like last weeks loss to the roosters was Cronullas' overdue loss.

Overdue? It was three wins.

tbone10

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
On the back of that attacking effort, like the sharks they won't. Truly pathetic :lol: what was the penalty count? 15/5 in favor of Manly. Discuss

you are a f**kwit and know f**k all about rugby League

discuss

Garts

Bench
pantherz9103 said:
I'm just happy we won so I don't mind people calling it a smashing. It was over the comp leaders.

You should be happy, your guys played well and deserved the win. Not surprised with the outcome at all. Just glad we almost came back as we played pretty ordinary, Clarke did help us though.

Mary

Juniors
I'm a big fan of Orford - halfway through the game tonight I thought he had the Blues number 7 jumper sealed - but he did kind of blow it towards the end with a couple of silly mistakes and some dumb options.

Still, I don't think his kicking game should be overlooked for origin, that is something NSW seriously lacked in game 1.

Latest posts