What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly's Woes - Snake is only Tip of the Iceberg

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
The following articles indicate some major issues at Manly that could prove fatal - aside from Brett Stewart's incident.

The first article strongly suggests that the $100,000 fine cannot be comfortably handled by Manly - which raises significant questions about their solvency.

The second indicates strongly that Max Delmege wants out - he is no longer interested in funding Manly any more. Add this to the feud over the Leagues Club property with Penn - and you have massive internal problems - directly affecting their financial status in the short and medium term.

The third proves that some at a high level at Manly are still eyeing off the Central Coast - and have even registered Central Coast Eagles in preparation.

The fourth article concerns allegations of racism against Manly during the World Cup Challenge.

All in all, Manly are imploding - and, with questionable financial capacity, there are massive troubles ahead.

Ian Schubert, fancy a day trip to the Northern beaches?

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/articles/2009/03/11/1236447305491.html
Direct quote - "The Sea Eagles have accepted the sanctions imposed on Stewart but will try to have part of the fine suspended to blunt the financial impact on the club."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,25149600-2722,00.html?from=public_rss
Quote - "The good news is now I don't have to put in any more money, which is great after seven years," Delmege said. "Including sponsorship money and share money and loans, (my investment) would probably total somewhere between $13 and $14 million.
"That can be verified, but who cares? I think it's a good time to put in your last bit of money when you have won everything."

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/anger-at-eagles-move2/
MANLY-WARRINGAH Rugby League Football Club has grave concerns that members of the Sea Eagles board still harbour ambitions to move the club to the Central Coast.
In a letter addressed to football club members, chairman Bob Reilly has openly questioned the Sea Eagles’ commitment to Brookvale Oval.
The one-page letter also highlights attempts to register the trademark “Central Coast Sea Eagles” without the Sea Eagles board’s approval.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=32510
Quote: "referee Jason Robinson confirms in our fourth issue of the year that Leeds hooker Matt Diskin and captain Kevin Sinfield each made the racial slur claim during the Elland Road clash"

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
Oh no... Manly is going to disappear and be replaced by the Bears..
Well you are entitled to dream Ronny! :crazy:

babyg

Juniors
If the eagles go to the coast can the Nth Sydeny Bears take over the peninsula.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
Des Hasler has a lot to answer for..

He and Ricky Stuart are two peas in a pod..

Both have characteristics which are great for first-grade Rugby League coaches, but have very little social responsibility...(I do understand one is their job and the other is not)

I think they are both germs..

The club is getting stronger with all the anti-Manly sentiment.

To all the Manly haters : suck up your dribble, sit up straight and try to act normal if you can because we arnt going anywhere.

:cool:

Rexxy

Coach
The club is getting stronger with all the anti-Manly sentiment.

:cool:

Not true. Some of the eagle angels told wendy harmer to stf and pull her head in. She doesnt speak for them. The club is being torn apart.

They know that no-means-no.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Not true. Some of the eagle angels told wendy harmer to stf and pull her head in. She doesnt speak for them. The club is being torn apart.

They know that no-means-no.

There's a big difference now that most Manly prawns seem to miss - News Limited run the game now, not Arkhole and Bozo.

The game is being run to suit a media company instead of one club.

Eagle Angels? One of them just happens to be the wife of Lachlan Murdoch - the supposed architect of SuperLeague.

May well work out that News Limited sees a strong CC Bears (looking after North Shore and Central Coast) as more important than the embarrassing, drunken, violent Sea Eagles frequenting Blacktown Sur Mer.

bluey

Bench
Des Hasler has a lot to answer for..

He and Ricky Stuart are two peas in a pod..

Both have characteristics which are great for first-grade Rugby League coaches, but have very little social responsibility...(I do understand one is their job and the other is not)

I think they are both germs..

Both are good honest men

Latest posts