What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann Vs Aitken, who deserves the starting centre role?

Who deserves the starting centre role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Timer

Coach
A survey only taking into account views of people who have no idea isn't very telling at all.
Would be nice to have a survey where the criteria for participating requires more than an internet connection.

Gyps.
Did you vote and if that is the case why are you commenting because you by your own admission know nothing?
If you didn't vote STFU and keep your warped assumption to yourself instead of sitting on the sideline being a pedant.

possm

Coach
A

good to see you still have no clue Gitano
First time on the site for a long time and this is what greets me
You're the only person that bags Mann
Read all the comments
Mann is who we should be playing in the centres
I hope there is no more shitty comments from you like this one or you will be copping shit not just from me
Yes it seems that is the way to go right now. Mann to right centre. Let's see how things progress from there.

gitano

Juniors
I can't believe this thread to be honest.

Mann starts in a trial game, as Euie wants less minutes coming back.
People read into it and all of a sudden Mann is a certain starter? haha. Please.

Euan is a real chance of playing Origin. Get with it.

possm

Coach

People read into it and all of a sudden Mann is a certain starter? haha. Please.

It's a lot more than that. Aitken was very poor in defence in 2016 and the little time he played in 2017. He also is not so good at setting up his winger - seems to die with ball a lot. When a high ball comes his way, he allows it to bounce and then more often than not does not gather the ball or stop the opposition from gaining more ground. Aitken has been given more latitude than others - a favourite of Mary's but still seems to make the same mistakes and have the same skill shortages. In my opinion he should never have been extended last year.

Who knows why Millward extended Aitken rather than buying Gagai.

Life's Good

Coach

City vs. Country is cancelled.

Frank Facer

First Grade
A survey only taking into account views of people who have no idea isn't very telling at all.
Would be nice to have a survey where the criteria for participating requires more than an internet connection.

Gyps.
lol, lol, lol lol lol.

So according to you. Only you and one other person who bothered to vote on this topic have any idea and everyone else has no idea. lol lol lol. You are a very funny guy. lol

RedV Resurgence

Juniors

Gyps.

Oh thanks for clearing that up, I'm one of the 96.9% of people that voted and know nothing about football. You and one other are experts. Right.

Do you understand the meaning of the word delusion!

You mentioned you played league at very high levels ( I presume NRL or reggies),, I was wondering how you determined that other voters have not had similar or even greater football experience? Maybe we have some voters that actually played NRL on here.

monsterkev

Juniors
Admin
Please remove Gitano
Due to a severe bout of stupidity
I was banned for a month stating a true fact that you did not like so do your job and remove him or this thread could get ugly

BennyV

Referee

I’m with you, the fact that this thread has ended up here is madness! So many people biting some very, very weak bait!

“I played at a high level”...brilliant stuff! Well done on the catch, sir!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Quality post.

Was there a point there somewhere, little fella?

More quality then a guy that has played some NSW cup and now thinks he knows more than anyone knows about nrl.
I can assure you gitano.
You are not the only one, that has been or is involved with NRL players or played nrl level ect.
The other people on hear .
Just don't wank on about it.

If you were as good as you make out, you wouldn't need to tell everyone about it.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
If only the coach would apply the KISS rule. Keep it simple stupid.

Lafai's early form last year had him as one of the top centres, start with him.

As OT suggests give both Aitken and Mann equal time v Souths.

Pick the best performer out of both trials. Who-ever gets the nod is reminded it's a week to week proposition.

(PS: I hate Mary's cut and paste teams)

st.phil

Bench
Aitken has no mobility and unless he gets a big head of steam up is easily handled. Mann is a much better footballer - blind freddy could see that. His footy EQ is exceptional, tough, fast, skilful. They need to find a place in the starting 13 for him and at the minute that is in the centres.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If only the coach would apply the KISS rule. Keep it simple stupid.

Lafai's early form last year had him as one of the top centres, start with him.

As OT suggests give both Aitken and Mann equal time v Souths.

Pick the best performer out of both trials. Who-ever gets the nod is reminded it's a week to week proposition.

(PS: I hate Mary's cut and paste teams)
I disagree. Aitken has had 3 years to show what he had got. I would rather we give Mann and Lomax 40 minutes each at centre on Saturday night.

Mann. All day, every day.

Aitken hasn’t done anywhere near enough to have a lock on the spot.

A bit of depth and competition is good and might give Aitken some thought on why he is so pox in defence.

Datramp

Juniors
Wow those NRL stats are scary. Aitken costs us almost a try per game??!! And let's not forget that he was mainly playing when we were doing well.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Wow those NRL stats are scary. Aitken costs us almost a try per game??!! And let's not forget that he was mainly playing when we were doing well.
And Aikten provides sweet FA in attack too, he can hardly even pass the ball to his winger.

Belta

Juniors
Frank Facer said; "Mann had 3 years to show what he had got. I would rather give Mann and Lomax 40 minutes each..."

I don't disagree with this comment and understand comments about his defence, but I just wouldn't write Aitken off. For one he's still only very young (22) Was playing when we led the comp last year, and is IMO a very powerful runner. He has upsides. My preference is for Mann in round 1 but feel Aitken should also get a shot in the trials as Im not fussed who wins or by what margin I just want the best combinations for round 1. not against rotating the 4 options and as I disagree with some who've stated that we have good quality depth in the centres. I've yet to see enough consistency for 26 or 25 rounds from any of them to convince me we have an abundance of NRL quality centres, hopefully this is sorted this year