What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mannering

hitman51

Juniors
What a leader this guy has been since he became captain:roll: Seriously people the team lacks leadership when luck is not on the field. We need a knew captain that leads from the front what do you all think? or should i just shut the fk up an get over the last few weeks:(

Damarky

Juniors
I feel ya, I think he has been mud out in the centres had a better game against the storm in the second row. Missing tackles, falling over, lack of pace. Hell when he carts it up to is lucky to make 5 metres. Leadership you say well put it this way I am not sure he has been playing well enough to be picked each week. You cant just pick him cause hes captain right? :sarcasm: and if so what does he offer us as captain or a player at the mo???

Fast Eddie

First Grade
As the forumer Manu Vatuvei said the other week it's just a flavour of the month thing to hate on Mannering atm. He has been forced to play out of position for most of the season and the last couple of weeks has played quite well, there's a lot worst performances being put in by other players.

devoid

Juniors
Mannering is a monster IMO - I don't get any hate against the guy. We struggle for consistent direction from our play makers, and the ruck, not from a lack of energy or want.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As the forumer Manu Vatuvei said the other week it's just a flavour of the month thing to hate on Mannering atm. He has been forced to play out of position for most of the season and the last couple of weeks has played quite well, there's a lot worst performances being put in by other players.

This

Noticed it on other forums too. It was bound to happen with the usual fan punching bag (Ropati) out for the season. Needed to find another target and Mannering is it.

I've never understood the whole captaincy thing. More importantly I've never understood how someone watching on TV or in the crowd really has the slightest clue about how a player is leading, especially when so much of what leadership is revolves around what a captain does off field and during training.

If he wasn't captain I doubt Mannering would be such an easy target.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
have to disagree, the coach can be judged on selection, winning does help. As for captain, can be judged on losses, whether they give up.

I do not recall the warriors having 50 put on them.

Meth

Staff member
have to disagree, the coach can be judged on selection, winning does help. As for captain, can be judged on losses, whether they give up.

Yeah fair point.

However, my point still stands- the best way for club leadership to answer and blunt criticism is to win football games. i

hitman82

Bench
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes... but what I'd like is for Mannering to lead by example. He needs to clean his game up. Against the Storm his penalties and errors, while not massive in quantity, were soft and extremely costly. Similar against the Cowboys.
When I criticise him it's as a player, who is our captain, who should be leading the way not contributing to the rot.
When I look at other team's captains I see inspirational leaders and smart talkers - I don't see that from Mannering this season.

I'd kill to have Gallen captaining our team. Mind you who wouldn't.

Jesbass

First Grade
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes... but what I'd like is for Mannering to lead by example. He needs to clean his game up. Against the Storm his penalties and errors, while not massive in quantity, were soft and extremely costly. Similar against the Cowboys.
When I criticise him it's as a player, who is our captain, who should be leading the way not contributing to the rot.
When I look at other team's captains I see inspirational leaders and smart talkers - I don't see that from Mannering this season.

I'd kill to have Gallen captaining our team. Mind you who wouldn't.

I'm honestly not trying to be funny, but...you don't happen to be hitman51's son, do you?

Jesbass

First Grade
Nope, ninjas killed my family.

Haha, fair enough. Damn ninjas. There ought to be a law against them. Or we can fight them off like this: :crazy:

But hitman51 and hitman82 are just uncannily similar usernames. :shock:

hitman82

Bench
Haha they certainly are similar. Hopefully he can take the heat for some of my angry rantings! I chose mine via my birth year, and as a tribute to Matt Rua, who I was a huge fan of.

Jesbass

First Grade
Haha they certainly are similar. Hopefully he can take the heat for some of my angry rantings! I chose mine via my birth year, and as a tribute to Matt Rua, who I was a huge fan of.

Yeah, I figured it was birth year, so I wondered if he'd done the same - hence the father/son query.

Anyway...how about that Manenring fella, hmm? :sarcasm: