What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mannering

hitman82

Bench
Yeah, I figured it was birth year, so I wondered if he'd done the same - hence the father/son query.

Anyway...how about that Manenring fella, hmm? :sarcasm:

Mannering who? We need to throw 600k a season, a boat and free restaurant vouchers at Paul Gallen asap.

I don't know the goings on obviously, but I really feel Mannering doesn't come across very charismatic or even well spoken, and when he also isn't performing on the field this makes me ask why he has the C beside his name. Noone should get captaincy by default.

Izz

Bench
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes... but what I'd like is for Mannering to lead by example. He needs to clean his game up. Against the Storm his penalties and errors, while not massive in quantity, were soft and extremely costly. Similar against the Cowboys.
When I criticise him it's as a player, who is our captain, who should be leading the way not contributing to the rot.
When I look at other team's captains I see inspirational leaders and smart talkers - I don't see that from Mannering this season.

I'd kill to have Gallen captaining our team. Mind you who wouldn't.
Gallen would give away plenty more penalties than Mannering...

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Broncos: Darren Lockyer 34
Raiders: Alan Tongue 30
Bulldogs: Andrew Ryan 32
Sharks: Paul Gallen 29
Titans: Scott Prince 31
Sea Eagles: Jamie Lyon 29, Jason King 30
Storm: Cam Smith 28
Knights: Kurt Gidley 29
Cowboys: Johnathan Thurston 28
Eels: Nathan Hindmarsh 31
Panthers: Petero Civoniceva 35
Dragons: Ben Hornby 31
Rabbitohs: Roy Asotasi 29, Michael Crocker 31
Roosters: Braith Anasta 29
Tigers: Robbie Farah 27
Warriors: Simon Mannering 24

I think he'll be a good captain in years to come, he's the youngest captain in the nrl and the boys seem to respect him. He's not yet an elite captain but with experience he most likely will become one. I recon he'll make a good rabai too.

hitman82

Bench
Gallen would give away plenty more penalties than Mannering...
Haha, he'd also bring 200m, 30 tackles, 5 offloads, a try, and massive intimidation and mana. Gallen was designed for rugby league. If he left the Sharks they'd shrivel up and die.

hitman51

Juniors
Haha they certainly are similar. Hopefully he can take the heat for some of my angry rantings! I chose mine via my birth year, and as a tribute to Matt Rua, who I was a huge fan of.

Lol i chose mine as a tribute to Brian Lima Famous samoan player he was the hitman of of all hitmen, number 51 is Greg Murphy number enjoyed watching him kill it in the Bathurst.

I dont like Mannering as a captain im not hating on the guy i just think hes not cut out for the job and don't know why hes the captain. He gets way to much credit than he deserves, the game against the tigers he was at fault for that loss, its seems like he loves his job title too much and doesn't know what the f is required for it.

I'm done with this i'll just sit back and watch the games and hope for the best.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Mannerings a solid player and doesnt deserve all the criticism hes gtn at the moment. However, he doesnt compare at all with the likes of Gallen, Lockyer, Smith, Hindmarsh etc. Hes obviously much younger and less experienced but it means by having him as skipper, we are forced to wait until he grows into a leader to see him as a quality captain. With captaincy comes responsibility and benchmark performances every game and I dnt think hes done that this season.

Once we find some decent centres he'll move back to the pack and we'll see improvement. And like I said, give him some time and I have no doubt he'll become a great captain.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
good research on the captain ages, but when did they become captain?

smith has been cap for melb a while, lockyer started young.

I do find it strange the kiwi captain is not his club captain

devoid

Juniors
good research on the captain ages, but when did they become captain?

smith has been cap for melb a while, lockyer started young.

I do find it strange the kiwi captain is not his club captain

Benji and Robbie like to share their toys.