What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei - Coming to your club! (no spoilers)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
imo he may well have cost them the game. At that point Storm were on their heals.

On their heels? At that point the Warriors hadn't put a point on for 50+ minutes. At that point the Storm were slightly on the back foot because Vatuvei had turned a hit-up into a 30 metre break.

Manu decides to try and go around the outside (has he ever rounded a winger?)

After much digging through the archives I have found this rare footage of Manu making an unnamed Parramatta winger look very sluggish indeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh4Ds70uZBc&t=2m39s

beefstew

Juniors
We were losing, we threw the ball to our most dangerous player to try to conjure up a try in the last 5 minutes, and because he couldn't it's his fault we lost. Of course.

To say he was "lame" before that is just rubbish, he was very strong for the first 60 minutes.

If the Warriors are trying to win a tight game, yes he is by far the most dangerous player they could give the ball to, he will destroy their chances
quicker than anyone out there.....as for conjuring something up, he sure does that, they're called errors, he's conjured up more of those than
anyone else in the comp, by a long long way.

He was decent in the first half, when he was playing like a prop, which is all his skill level is good for....get over yourself, people are sick of him
costing the team games, everyone except you fanboys.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
If the Warriors are trying to win a tight game, yes he is by far the most dangerous player they could give the ball to, he will destroy their chances
quicker than anyone out there.....as for conjuring something up, he sure does that, they're called errors, he's conjured up more of those than

He was decent in the first half, when he was playing like a prop, which is all his skill level is good for....get over yourself, people are sick of him

While it will take all of my moral fortitude to do so, I won't respond to any of your future posts. You are, indeed, a troll account who exists only to rubbish a specific player. You are also incapable of making a coherent point, seeing both sides of an argument, and even the simple task of using the full width of the text box when posting seems to be beyond you. I hope you get the help you so desperately need. Farewell, beefstew.

beefstew

Juniors
While it will take all of my moral fortitude to do so, I won't respond to any of your future posts. You are, indeed, a troll account who exists only to rubbish a specific player. You are also incapable of making a coherent point, seeing both sides of an argument, and even the simple task of using the full width of the text box when posting seems to be beyond you. I hope you get the help you so desperately need. Farewell, beefstew.

Hahahaha it's the format police.....not to mention the guy called Manu Vatuvei, mindlessly defending the undefendable , by blaming absolutely
everyone for his endless errors except Manu Vatuvei himself....you're a funny funny little man.

loveleague

Juniors

He is supposed to be a winger - not a forward. It is one thing to be a hit up merchant, but not when you cannot fulfill your role as a winger. This is professional sport and it is not personal - but fans deserve better - without them he is nothing. Watch the game again and see how little he did today and weigh that up with his errors - he is not up to the standard of a first grade wing and I dare you to put him in your team. The storm and the other top tier teams would never have a player with his skillset - or lack of it. His so-called cult status is only hurting the warriors and killing the fan experience. There are many good wingers playing union who have a far greater skillset and a lot more nous - sign them up - I dont buy this crap that there is noone to replace him - this is not manu bashing - it is fan outrage at his persistent errors and the apparent lack of accountability and deferential treatment by coaching staff. I think if he was playing for the bulldogs or even the eels, the fans there would be calling for his head and being far more vociferous than I am capable of being.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Watch the game again and see how little he did today and weigh that up with his errors

#1 metres gained
#1 line breaks
#2 tackle breaks

Errors: unsuccessfully taking on his man on the outside twice in the last 10 minutes when a Warriors side unable to score since the first 20 minutes were chasing the game

Interested in how you weigh that up

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Agree..Vatuvei has an average game and everyone snipes at him for no reason.

IMO though he should have cut inside on both occassions and looked for an inside runner as opposed to going down the sideline. His size does not really matter when the Storm defenders just swarmed on him.

There was noone within cooee of him. Not his fault, and not his fault he's trying to keep it alive and spark something late in a game, nor that the pass led to a try.

This Manu witchhunt is crap. Our fans should be better.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Also interested in how you weigh those errors against the various defensive errors, none of them Vatuvei's, involved in the 4 tries the Warriors conceded.

I'd be fascinated in a comparison between the circumstances of Vatuvei being bundled into touch and Bill Tupou being bundled into touch with a likely try on offer as well

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
There was noone within cooee of him. Not his fault, and not his fault he's trying to keep it alive and spark something late in a game, nor that the pass led to a try.

This Manu witchhunt is crap. Our fans should be better.

I'm amazed that in all this, no-one is asking how we have a winger making a long run without a single teammate within 20 metres of him. On the second run, if he had stayed in he wouldn't have had a dummy half to play the ball to. In particular look at the (non) effort of Shaun Johnson, it's almost unbelievable, like he'd forgotten he was playing. I guess it all depends whose errors you want to focus on.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm amazed that in all this, no-one is asking how we have a winger making a long run without a single teammate within 20 metres of him. On the second run, if he had stayed in he wouldn't have had a dummy half to play the ball to. In particular look at the (non) effort of Shaun Johnson, it's almost unbelievable, like he'd forgotten he was playing. I guess it all depends whose errors you want to focus on.

Yup. Manu is copping it sweet for wrong reasons. Our structure is all wrong, yet we're blaming one guy. The wrong guy, not the guy who picks the side/shapes the way we play

Johnson is still young and needs an old head next to him...Maloney has not given him the support he needs this year and it is starting to show.

Latest posts