What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I really don't know where this rumour started, but I am supposing it was the time when the ARU was deciding which RU franchise to boot out. Of course the so called rumour mill went into overdrive due to the fact there were 2 ex-rugby league players playing for those franchises under question, Koroibete and Rona.

So the Rebels survived, so why would Koroibete leave?
He has a year left on his contract with the Rebels
He has played for Australia
Why would he come to the Dragons? (or any NRL team)
Mmm can't think of much really that would entice him. Considering that playing RU you get to travel frequently O/S ie: NZ, SA, Japan, South America and of course, if selected, Aust rep tours.

Same applies to Rona, except the Force was cut, but given the fact he is an Aust rep player, there is no doubt another franchise will snap him up.

My guess is that we are desperate for a "flyer" on at least one wing and of course Fijians seem to fit that bill very well, however, dreams of Koroibete are IMO just that dreams. We are more likely to sign a Fijian in the mould of Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby) if we were looking at all.

epDragon62

First Grade
I really don't know where this rumour started, but I am supposing it was the time when the ARU was deciding which RU franchise to boot out. Of course the so called rumour mill went into overdrive due to the fact there were 2 ex-rugby league players playing for those franchises under question, Koroibete and Rona.

Mmm can't think of much really that would entice him. Considering that playing RU you get to travel frequently O/S ie: NZ, SA, Japan, South America and of course, if selected, Aust rep tours.

Same applies to Rona, except the Force was cut, but given the fact he is an Aust rep player, there is no doubt another franchise will snap him up.

My guess is that we are desperate for a "flyer" on at least one wing and of course Fijians seem to fit that bill very well, however, dreams of Koroibete are IMO just that dreams. We are more likely to sign a Fijian in the mould of Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby) if we were looking at all.
Thank you for spending the time documenting my thoughts...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The only 2 fullbacks I've ever seen do this consistently and obviously are Dufty and Quinlan. It's not coincidence considering who the coach is - this is 100% a 'tactic' from the genius in the coaches box, possibly an attempt to protect the smaller bodies. Ultimately it's dumb, erases a strength of Dufty (broken field running) and takes confidence away from a young player.

In saying that, I agree that Dufty won't last the season. Not due to any lack of ability or form drop that will see him relegated. More that our genius coach has no clue how to avoid player burnout or prepare youth for a long season, and an undersized youngster in a key position is very vulnerable to that...

I couldn't agree with you any more, Benny.

In his short tenure (pun unintended) at the club, I thought it was fairly obvious that Quinlan was instructed by McGregor to 'pass first, run later' in regards to kick returns.

I fear Dufty is under the same order, which (if true) is a shame because there's a lot to like about the kid.

Qdf

Juniors
Be careful what you wish for.
Any signing of a decent winger with the current squad staying as is will mean the end of Dufty for 2018.
If you give any opportunity to Mc Fookknuckle he will play Nighty at FB as he will never drop him nor Nene for that matter.
The only way around it is for Nene to be offloaded and a new winger come in for him.
Nene will be better nect year.
Mary used him this year as a battering ram.
Hunt will use him to collect his bombs down the right.
Thats if McGregor lets Hunt kick..?

BennyV

Referee
Nene is far better than what we saw of him this year..

What kind of idiot gets a big, relatively quick (compared to the rest of our backline) winger added to the team, and proceeds to stick him on the right wing, only to send all our attack (including attacking bombs) to the left?

Rumours like Koroibete are perpetrated in order to give fans hope and as a distraction from the groundswell of anti board, anti McGregor sentiment.
Why would Koroibete relinquish an Australian Wallaby jumper to play for the Dragons, under the tutelage of McGregor?
It's just another one of the convenient leaks to the media that make up the pre-meditated spin doctoring designed to keep the fans engaged.
Wait 'til the end of year review - should be a doozy.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Rumours like Koroibete are perpetrated in order to give fans hope and as a distraction from the groundswell of anti board, anti McGregor sentiment.
Why would Koroibete relinquish an Australian Wallaby jumper to play for the Dragons, under the tutelage of McGregor?
It's just another one of the convenient leaks to the media that make up the pre-meditated spin doctoring designed to keep the fans engaged.
You read my mind DENNIS.

watatank

Coach
Even if we were to believe he was going to leave why would he come here to the dragons? He has so many more well paying options, most notably european rugby but he also has the lure of playing in union world cup. As if he is coming. Anyway Stupid clubs would try to buy koribete back at a premium smart clubs will find the next koribete

Life's Good

Coach
These sorts of things are perpetuated by the club as a sugar hit for the fans whose emotions are running high and will bite in the hope it a)becomes reality or b)fans perceive the club as actively trying to change their fortunes.
The only rumour to actual signing I want is a new coach.

Mr Red

First Grade
Parramatta throwing big dollars at him to replace radradra.... more likely to head there I guess...

Drag Queen

Bench
Nene is far better than what we saw of him this year..

What kind of idiot gets a big, relatively quick (compared to the rest of our backline) winger added to the team, and proceeds to stick him on the right wing, only to send all our attack (including attacking bombs) to the left?
Spot on. He is quick and could shine under a different coach. Wasted potential, but what do you expect from an ex forward that only knows how to coach forwards. He still managed to f**k that up too by burning them out. Oh well.. We're stuck with this coach. Inept administration.

Reactions: Qdf