What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

marty_dragon

Juniors
personaly i think we are playing better with out him, dont get me wrong he deserves his spot in the team but i just rekon the younger boys lift an extra gear when he is not there.

Ribs

Bench
That has been a mentality problem for our younger players from day 1 and if I have any criticism of Brown it is the way the senior players like Barrett and Gasnier took over in big matches. I think that intimidates the younger guys and in big games like the 2005 and 2006 qualitifiers, Barrett and Co overplayed it again and we looked terrible.

Without Gasnier the kids seem to show what they can do.

Kiki

First Grade
i am SO OVER IT. i love him and its a huge loss for us and league in general but its all just so exhausting. i would rather someone who wanted to wear the red v.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Won't mind either way with his decision.

I actually think we'll be fine without him (provided Darius Boyd signs) and all the disruption he continually brings. I remember I was worried when we lost Bailey, when in reality there was nothing to be worried about at all.

Imagine the cash freed up to have fun on the open market next year.

Wyreema Saint

Juniors
With reports that Gaz will almost certainly leave for France at years end do we continue to select him in the team? I know that Josh Morris is also on the way out but I think the Dragons are playing better footy with out Gasnier. He has played half of the possible games he could have & yet is demanding a pay cheque that doesnt always reflect his performances.

marty_dragon

Juniors
With reports that Gaz will almost certainly leave for France at years end do we continue to select him in the team? I know that Josh Morris is also on the way out but I think the Dragons are playing better footy with out Gasnier. He has played half of the possible games he could have & yet is demanding a pay cheque that doesnt always reflect his performances.

that would be a huge call and it would be one that would be very hard to make. although we have won games with out him, i do think if we are going to challenge for the premiership "this" year we would definately need him in the team . he can do some pretty freakish stuff, stuff that gets you home when a games in the balance.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors

If it Is Big Money He Needs.
We Hope He Succeeds.
But To Leave Our St.George,
You Leave Us Your Sword,
Mark may Hath Forthsaken
our Mighty Saints Team
Go Forth Young Mark.
We Dont Need You In Our Team.

lancelot

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
With a bit of luck if he decides to go he might give it all and play his best til the years end

petetheileet

First Grade
i am SO OVER IT. i love him and its a huge loss for us and league in general but its all just so exhausting. i would rather someone who wanted to wear the red v.

Great point..id say he is leaving..i mean his heart doesnt seem in it any more and i would rather buy 2 great players than keep one that plays half the season.

ps we need a front rower

Kiki

First Grade
yep definitely. if he doesnt really wanna be at st george then i dont want him. and as people have said, hes always bloody injured anyway. i would much prefer a young centre who thinks playing in the red v is a privilege and not an obligation.

Kiki

First Grade
ps if he leaves im burning my gasnier doll (yes i have one, dont judge me)

Inglis scrapes him from his boot anyway. Gould is kidding if he thinks gasnier is the world's best centre. Try about fourth after Folau, Inglis and Hodges.

apparently Ewan McKenzie is very confident hes going to the dark side.

apparently the chatter in union circles is they are 90% confident he will leave RL but they have been wrong before.

now that origin is out of the way, theres nothing stopping him announcing it now.

more delay means that we have more chance of keeping him as they are coming up with a deal to keep him in league

sting

Bench
hey guys if this article is correct we'll have a decision by next monday as all french rugby contracts need to be registered by the 14th................

Gaz tight-lipped on Paris option

July 9, 2008 - 4:29PM

St George Illawarra captain Mark Gasnier is remaining tight-lipped on his future despite reports linking him with French rugby union club Stade Francais.
The NSW and Test centre is reportedly close to finalising a deal with the European powerhouse, where he could link up next season with recently-appointed former Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie.
But Gasnier today refused to talk to media about his future, saying he would only discuss is once it was decided.
"I've said to you guys before, and nothing's going to change. I acknowledged that I was negotiating two or three months ago and as it stands nothings changed," Gasnier told reporters.
"Until something does, I'd be happy to talk about it then but until then it's purely St George Illawarra."
Gasnier's decision could be made as early as next week as French contracts need to be lodged by July 14.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/gaz-tightlipped-on-paris-option/2008/07/09/1215282909972.html

_Johnsy

Referee
The more this drags on the shytier I get. We let Moz go because we could not afford to keep him and Gaz.

By the way Gaz, this is becoming a joke, and it reflects poorly on you and the club. As all the drag fans say..................
knWAVE_wideweb__470x266,0.jpg

sting

Bench
Either way its not gonna help losing morris to the dogs. this sh*ts me...

oh yeh that sucks but at least FINALLY the bullsh*t will be over one way or another. well hopefully....

wouldnt surprise me to read a story about the french rugby changing the rules so gaz can have more time or some crap like that haha

Kiki

First Grade
yes it really annoys me that we lost joshy because we couldnt afford to keep both of them and now gaz is leaving anyway. GODAMNIT.

i think joshy will end up back at the dragons as soon as he can anyway. how long is his dogs contract?? maybe he can get an early release.

sting

Bench
yeh that sucks! imagine if we lose setu to the broncos as well and then find out we could of thrown some gasnier money at him to get him to stay....

hurry up and end already!!