What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Josh's Manager should of included a clause in his new contract that if Gaz Leaves he can tear up any contract he has with the Dogs and renegotiate with the Saints.

Nah, that clause would benefit the Dragons, why would they put that clause in? Only clauses that litterly screw the Dragons are put in players contracts.

Ribs

Bench
Inglis scrapes him from his boot anyway. Gould is kidding if he thinks gasnier is the world's best centre. Try about fourth after Folau, Inglis and Hodges.

Inglis is a 5/8 and Folau hasnt done a f*cking thing this year besides a couple of freak catches. He hasnt been busting the line at all.

How long do sour grapes last??

marty_dragon

Juniors
Josh's Manager should of included a clause in his new contract that if Gaz Leaves he can tear up any contract he has with the Dogs and renegotiate with the Saints.

Nah, that clause would benefit the Dragons, why would they put that clause in? Only clauses that litterly screw the Dragons are put in players contracts.

so true mate ...we always seemed to be getting screwed with the contract side of things. the thing that sh*ts me and by the sound of things everyone on this forum is that the club would of known gasnier had this clause in his contract so why didnt we hold off negotiations with jmoz? i know why! because doust is f**ked! and so is a our management!
but anyway jmoz is gone and by the looks of things so is Gaz. at least if gaz goes we will be in the market for a big signing in the coming years .... hopefully a quality hooker!!!!!

Karmawave

Bench
Forget the innuendo, Gasnier is going to France. All this speculation is simply delaying the inevitable.

He's gone already guys. Guaranteed. And the game is worse off for it.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Given 9 is supposed to have paid
Who are the other 3rd party sponsors that have reneged on their commitment?
I think that the NRL fans deserve to know which sponsors cannot be taken at their word

Mr Red

First Grade
I think that the NRL fans deserve to know which sponsors cannot be taken at their word

good point !!
also if he does leave - this should be the final wake up call for the NRL to get off their fat asses and do something to stop the player drain to overseas clubs and prevent the NRL from simply being the feeder competition to Europe.

Slippery Morris

First Grade

It will probably all come out if he leaves the club.

So if he goes, do you think Darius Boyd will be a shoe in to be a Dragons player next season? They will probably announce it the next day.

redvscotty

First Grade
f**k him. his team spirit is up the wahzoo compared to some of the other blokes. dell and cooper didnt play in the titans game yet we're on the sidelines cheering the team on. where was gaz?

it's all about money to people like that, and youd think that someone with that amount of money would get chin reduction surgery.

nothing we've done in the last 7 weeks can be contributed to gasnier....

OurRedV

Juniors
Piss off then Gasnier.

St. George begins a new era in 2009, we don't need you to be umming and arring every single f**ken year.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!

Syren

Juniors
If Luke Rooney can get a $1.2 mil deal over 2 years, then Gaz is gone, he is probably worth double that.

Wyreema Saint

Juniors
The third party deal involved companies paying Gaz directly for appearences on the Footy Show in exchange for advertising on Channel 9. I think Josh only signed on for Two years at the Dogs, I wonder if he has any clauses in there that allow him to leave after one season? As far as Boyd is concearned i dont know, reports here in QLD say he has taken up the option he had with the Donkeys. But others are saying it wont be long until there is an announcement on him & Priddis joining the Dragons.

sting

Bench
Can't we get Josh to renege on his contract on compassionate grounds or something like steve turner got to?!?

Cagey Mac

Bench
The third party deal involved companies paying Gaz directly for appearences on the Footy Show in exchange for advertising on Channel 9. I think Josh only signed on for Two years at the Dogs, I wonder if he has any clauses in there that allow him to leave after one season? As far as Boyd is concearned i dont know, reports here in QLD say he has taken up the option he had with the Donkeys. But others are saying it wont be long until there is an announcement on him & Priddis joining the Dragons.

Third party deal was with 9 and other sponsors but for more than TV appearences it will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash after this is over
Gaz is a great player and we paid for 70%+ of his potential
He through little fault of his own has delivered less than 50% so we were short changed but that's life
I'd rather a great defensive/ good attacking centre as a replacement and that should cost about half what we paid Gaz
If he stays, let's hope that he stays fit and we get him the ball occasionally

marty_dragon

Juniors
just read in rugby league week that boyd is poised to sign with us within the next week as gaz is certain to leave at the end of the year ...

there is also an article on the boys with the heading "WHO'S SOFT NOW"

fire up dragons!

taipan

Referee
Look he is taking a step down to play yawnion in France.Who needs a challenge when you get a holiday thrown in on and off the field.
Hehas had his good moments,but was left defensively in his wake by Inglis in Soo2.Good and great players come and go,judging by the talent springing up in the Toyota cup,in a couple of years time,it will be a case of Mark Who?.
If he has signed have the guts to say so,instead of shortchanging St George annd rl fans in general.
He is becoming the male version of that athletics human headline Jana Rawlinson.
He will be remembered for going to yawnion in France,and much less for what he did on the NRL fields.

Last edited:

The Preacher

First Grade
Gaz, if you're going, just say so and stop f**king us and the club around. The team and the club/supporters don't just revolve around you, so just exercise that giant chin and let everyone know what's going on. I want to know if we've got $$$ to spend or not, before all the good buys are taken.
I'm getting pretty pissed off with your games. If you stay, you stay. If you go, you go, I don't sweat it anymore!

gregstar

Referee
perhaps he had the press conference a couple of months ago, but the words are still working their way past the mandible.

The Preacher

First Grade
perhaps he had the press conference a couple of months ago, but the words are still working their way past the mandible.

The words may need a "Proton Pill" to force them out. Either that or they're stuck in a mobile message at some girls house.