What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O Meley

Is this man the worse prop ever to be capped by Australia ? Hardly G Dowling or G Lazarus is he.

Come to think of it,where are all the great Ocker forwards I used to love watching ?

R Reddy
R Price
S Roach
B Lindner
B Clyde
P Harragon

This current lot just don't inspire me.

JJ

Immortal
O'Meley's not the worst in the last 30 years, buthe's not far away.... problem is neither are Kite, Thaiday, Tupou, Kaufusi :lol:

Godz Illa

Coach
His greatest asset seems to be a marvellous knack for evading criticism on internet league forums. Thankfully, it seems that, too, is waning.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Steve Price is arguably Australia's best available prop and not in the squad....and yet O'Meley, Thaiday (SOOOO overrated- I rate Tupou much higher) and Kaufusi (???? who is he????) are in there. It's beyond bizarre.

However, they are all better than Richard Villasanti :lol: I'm pretty sure Kaufusi is another Villasanti pick- a player eligible for NZ and Aus, who has half a good season and gets snapped up by Aus so he can't rep for NZ.

JJ

Immortal
is he not just a smaller crappy version of Martin Bella??

Couldn't agree more on Kaufusi TH

mattyg

Bench
He isn't even the worst prop in the team, let alone in the last 30 years. He isn't having one of his best years in 2006, but he is still destructive. Ask Bryce Gibbs or Lee Gilmour about that.

JJ

Immortal
mattyg said:
He isn't even the worst prop in the team, let alone in the last 30 years. He isn't having one of his best years in 2006, but he is still destructive. Ask Bryce Gibbs or Lee Gilmour about that.

the fact that he's not the worst prop in the team is more a reflection on the crap props in the team.

As a Bulldogs supporter, tell me hand on heart that you wouldn't rather have Price and Asotasi...

Godz Illa

Coach
mattyg said:
he is still destructive. Ask Bryce Gibbs or Lee Gilmour about that.
He's built his career on this 'destructive' reputation. Truth is, it is an overvalued trait. I'd take a hard working consistent metre-gainer every time over someone who can occasionally knock players out. A lazy defender too and makes poor reads.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
The truth is in modern football it's harder to stand out than in the past. O meley does suck but there is no real alternatives for the aussie team at the moment.

Hope o meley plays for the blues next year....we'll smash him

JJ

Immortal
TheBourbonBeast said:
The truth is in modern football it's harder to stand out than in the past. O meley does suck but there is no real alternatives for the aussie team at the moment.

Hope o meley plays for the blues next year....we'll smash him

steve price??????????

ozbash

Referee
pricey would leave shrek and waa waa for dead, and he has brains. something the other 2 lack.

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
What about Civoneciva? Is he not getting old also?

I don't mind having one "old head" in the side but I'd rather not have two to be honest. The props we have are doing a good job IMO. I agree Shrek has been out of form but any other year Bailey would be the reseve prop anyway.

badav

Bench
Brent Kites shown his worth. Thaiday, Tupou and Kaufusi are all young and inexperienced and will all become great players. Even at the moment they are still above kidwell and pritchard.

Im not a huge fan of Mark O'meley and never have been.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Price is getting old though. I can see why they left him out.

Price had the best season of his life in 2006 and that is REALLY saying something. He just about monstered every prop he played against.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thierry Henry said:
Price had the best season of his life in 2006 and that is REALLY saying something. He just about monstered every prop he played against.

Civonoceva was better this year IMO. In the end they wanted to bring some young props into the team. That is fine with me IMO. Plus Price had a big disadvantage- he had not played for 6 weeks when the tri nations begun.

lockyno1

Post Whore
But it is still too big a gap between taht match and the first tri nations match. There is a reason why most of the side comes from the teams that made the prelims and the GF! They are heavily match fit by the time the tri nations starts!