What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maroons team for the successful 2021 Origin series

Spot On

Coach
QRL are so filthy with Jai Arrow they are considering banning him from being chosen for next year's state of origin as well.

Funny enough. When I was thinking of who would be a future captain when Daly Cherry-Evans departs. I thought either Cameron Munster or Jai Arrow.

Yeah I made a mistake on the latter. I certainly got that wrong.

That would be hilarious.

Have a look through the squad.

They need anyone that rugba leagues.

Dane f**king Gagai is still in the side ... playing in the centres. JFC.

Surely there's a kid in QCup that can turnstile as well as he can.

Did you just here what "our" so called captain of the lacklustre maroons has publicly said.

"We have nothing to lose"

Even though the Blues have put 70+ points on us in only 2 games it doesn't mean we give up.

A Captain should lead by example from a positive position.

We have more than enough to lose tonight.....please let me know has any origin team lost all 3 games on home soil?

ALX25

Juniors
E6QWu9xUYAUzLHo

Big Pete

Referee
It was a better performance from the Maroons. It helped that they had players playing in their right positions and I thought after a poor run of games Fa'asuamaleaui stepped up and created some space around the middle for the playmakers.

Ponga kept the defence more honest and it was nice to see him stand up in the key moments. I was waiting for him to test the Blues out down the right and as soon as he did he sets up the match-winner. Then to come up with the try saver on Turbo in the dying stages was massive.

Hunt was a well deserved Man of the Match winner. Particularly in the second half, I thought his indecisive play hurt Queensland in the second but when he got that drop ball off of Latrell and began running it he made a huge mark. I believe it was his kick in the first half that helped the Maroons have the better of play in the back end of the first half as well.

I thought considering what was asked of him Hamiso had a solid debut. Had to go up against the form player of the competition in Turbo and he got a try on him. Then he has to fill in for Holmes and both he and Brimson worked together very well. NSW ran plenty of traffic but they just kept turning up and didn't give them much space.

Fotuaika once again had another impressive game and for mine was the Maroons best all series. Welch and Papalii once again set a good platform and I thought Fotuaika led the way for the bench.

It's a shame about Valentine. After a disappointing series he came up with some great plays and that hit on Moses deserved a try. I thought that play actually woke the Maroons up a bit after a lethargic start and he looked poise for another big game before that unfortunate injury.

In the end the Maroons regain some measure of pride in a classic back to the walls type win.

stryker

First Grade
It was a better performance from the Maroons. It helped that they had players playing in their right positions and I thought after a poor run of games Fa'asuamaleaui stepped up and created some space around the middle for the playmakers.

Ponga kept the defence more honest and it was nice to see him stand up in the key moments. I was waiting for him to test the Blues out down the right and as soon as he did he sets up the match-winner. Then to come up with the try saver on Turbo in the dying stages was massive.

Hunt was a well deserved Man of the Match winner. Particularly in the second half, I thought his indecisive play hurt Queensland in the second but when he got that drop ball off of Latrell and began running it he made a huge mark. I believe it was his kick in the first half that helped the Maroons have the better of play in the back end of the first half as well.

I thought considering what was asked of him Hamiso had a solid debut. Had to go up against the form player of the competition in Turbo and he got a try on him. Then he has to fill in for Holmes and both he and Brimson worked together very well. NSW ran plenty of traffic but they just kept turning up and didn't give them much space.

Fotuaika once again had another impressive game and for mine was the Maroons best all series. Welch and Papalii once again set a good platform and I thought Fotuaika led the way for the bench.

It's a shame about Valentine. After a disappointing series he came up with some great plays and that hit on Moses deserved a try. I thought that play actually woke the Maroons up a bit after a lethargic start and he looked poise for another big game before that unfortunate injury.

In the end the Maroons regain some measure of pride in a classic back to the walls type win.
Great assessment.

davi

Juniors
Did you just here what "our" so called captain of the lacklustre maroons has publicly said.

"We have nothing to lose"

Even though the Blues have put 70+ points on us in only 2 games it doesn't mean we give up.

A Captain should lead by example from a positive position.

We have more than enough to lose tonight.....please let me know has any origin team lost all 3 games on home soil?

Interestingly Daly Cherry-Evans got booed when called up to make his speech at the end of the game. I was wondering if there were only NSW fans left at the game but James Tedesco got booed as well. I'm wondering if the fans still haven't got over Cherry-Evans pulling out playing for the Titans is why they booed.

Apparently the QLD team got booed running on to the field. So it may just be the crowd showing their displeasure for their performances in this series.

GongPanther

Referee
It is what it is, Qld won the 3rd game, but still, were unseen for the first two games and that cannot be glossed over.

Aggregate score 94-24 which averages out to 31-8, such was the true indicator of the difference between the two squads.

jim_57

Staff member
I’d be slightly more optimistic next year if injuries are kind but depth is pretty terrible in a lot of positions. NSW will have the best team on paper for at least a few years but if full strength we may jag the odd series win. If Melbourne see Coates as a centre that could be huge for the team next year.