What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

ozzie

Bench
God if this is right then Barrett has a case to answer..didn't see the game but irrespetive he attacked a guy from behind who then couldn't defend himself. I guess what I read in the paper was also 6 point try was scored because of the blue was well deserved to the Parra side.

That was a cowardly act and he should be slammed by a charge of something similiar to Cross'

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Sorry guys if this has already been said, but I did not have a problem with the hit at all. However, I can see how the Dragons fans are not happy about it, when u support a team, u only see things from their perspective, no matter which team u support. For mine, Marsh was going to put pressure on Barrett, and didnt even hit him late and/or high. He was committed to the tackle, as there was about half a second difference btwn the time Marsh put the hit on an Barrett kicked the ball. Maybe Barrett might have a case to answer as he was laying into a defenceless player............

Igor

Juniors
barrett-marsh.gif

Igor

Juniors
Lenny_2212 said:
there's the proof igor. marsh is a thug!

I didnt see the incident, I'm just puting the pieces together here, to be fair Barret's reaction didnt look too flash either.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
call it an overreaction or unnecessary, barrett was simply reacting upon circumstance. he did not marsh's intentions, and took matters into his own hands.

hitman82

Bench
Personally it looks to me as though Marsh's right elbow gets Barret flush on the chin, then grazes along his shoulder. You can clearly see his head snap back at contact. Obviously little damage was done, but had it been even slightly higher is probably would have broken Barret's jaw. Marsh is considerably smaller than Barret, and even if he was looking down, he has jumped pretty high to hit him the way he did.

Barret then loses the plot completely. Look at his f**king face! He should plead temporary insanity! He's got to be suspended for those punches he threw. Totally cheap, regardless of how angry he was. Marsh's tackle looks borderline at best, but any mature player should know better than to get up king-hitting.

The fact Marsh is tiny compared to Barret will not help Barret's case, if he is charged. But it shouldn't make a difference how big or "tough" the player is that you attack. Noone should do what Barret did.

Suspend them both ;)

Dog-E

Juniors
What a PAIR of tits if u ask me! It was like wayching a drunken chick-fight out the front of a seedy nightclub at 4 in the morning...all cheap shots and king hits and carrying on like a couple of porkchops!! :lol:

Just chuck 'em in a cage...lock the door - then let em sort this out - two wailing b!tches enter...one wailing b!tch leaves!!
LOL

El Diablo

Post Whore
hitman82 said:
Personally it looks to me as though Marsh's right elbow gets Barret flush on the chin

If he hit him flush on the chin he would've been knocked out.

You need your eyes checked.

Igor

Juniors
tiburon said:
Can you get something better? Rather than a .gif missing frames all over the place.

No, I just put that together from the images posted in this thread. I dont have access to anything else.

Crippler

Juniors
his left wrist does make slight contact with the head

the right elbow hits barretts arm and then chest. No malice whatsover. Fair try

skeepe

Immortal
I can't see much difference in this incident and the Danny Williams incident last year. Barrett must go for 18 weeks, just like Williams did. It doesn't matter that Marsh wasn't knocked out, the action is the same.

hitman82

Bench
El Diablo said:
If he hit him flush on the chin he would've been knocked out.

You need your eyes checked.

Okay since you have taken me incorrectly... Marsh's elbow -clearly- hits the point of Barret's chin. I don't care how Hard it hit, but it definitely did. As for being knocked out, what a load of sh*t. You don't need to get knocked out for it to have connected.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Wake up to your skeepe you sook

How is Marsh 'tackling' style different from what Hoppa did?

Neither will get suspended

Evereyone can sit there & be keyboard heroes all they want

LOL, & I bet if it were the other way around people will still put the blame on Barrett, ebing a glorified pretty boy & all

Greenblooded

Juniors
Mate that is a crap angle, on the replay from a better angle it shows him barely brushng Barrett, the shots that show Barrett punching Marsh from behind however a fairly conclusive.