What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

I guess these blokes were never taught to play the whistle. I watched and wondered why nobody was even making an attempt to tackle, or even ignore the situation and play football. Rediculous. It cost the Dragons momentum and possibly the match (even though it ended up being a runaway).

Lenny_2212

Juniors
marsh's elbow hit barrett in the chin. any one of you would have reacted likewise. barrett was unaware of marsh's intentions, he just felt the contact.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Yeah, it was just reflex...altho by swinging at him from behind he did take things too far.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Lenny_2212 said:
marsh's elbow hit barrett in the chin. any one of you would have reacted likewise. barrett was unaware of marsh's intentions, he just felt the contact.

He may have hit him on the chin but it wasnt late or intentianal...

Cost St george the game doesnt deserve to be sited...
Barret still a cat he looked up after he was knocked down to see who hit him then attacked him from behind even though it was a small bloke...

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
He may have hit him on the chin but it wasnt late or intentianal...

Cost St george the game doesnt deserve to be sited...
Barret still a cat he looked up after he was knocked down to see who hit him then attacked him from behind even though it was a small bloke...

pj didnt intend to connect with the chin, but he did and barrett simply reacted accordingly. barrett didnt care who it was. he was hit in the chin and he got up swinging.

Phillips

Referee
Lenny_2212 said:
pj didnt intend to connect with the chin, but he did and barrett simply reacted accordingly. barrett didnt care who it was. he was hit in the chin and he got up swinging.

i would have liked to see if he would have done that to Cayless or Cannings :-k

Y2Eel

First Grade
Lenny_2212 said:

he looked up at him before he did anything then when pj turned his back he started swinging at the back of his head.. when he saw the other eels guys coming he put his hands up like a girl....

eelsta

Bench
Briza said:
Marsh's elbow regardles of where it made contact was deliberate imo, and i'd flog the little fecker too!

Oh what a suprising post coming from you!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

eelsta

Bench
Feelin Hornby said:
Yer both players i believe were stupid in there actions and it shouldnt go any further then tonight

agreed lets all just get over it!!!!!!!!

aenima1

Juniors
barret took it way too far, the bottom line is he started throwing punches at a bloke from behind!

redVgirl

Juniors
i dont think PJ intended to hurt barrett, but he did. and trent hurt him back. but as they both said, stuff like that happens in a contact sport. if they are over it i guess we should be too!

shadow grinder

First Grade
i hate when people say what happens on the field stays on the field...if that were the case there would be no need for a judicary!

gottabegood

Juniors
Marsh is clearly the thug here. He went in on charge down leading with the elbow pointed on contact, regardless if he hit the head or not (i.e. is it OK to kick somone in stomach rather than the head...). He instigated the incident like a fairy turning his head, so barret replied in like by smaking him while his face was turned.
Hint to Marsh...when charge down...do not lead with elbow....ugga ugga...

And can someone please explain the rules re the touch judge. When the fight broke out, the touch judge came onto the field (couldn't see if he had raised the flag or not though), shouldn't this instigate an immediate stoppage of play??? None of the commentators discussed this point.
So WTF is going on...

p.s. I'm no Dragons supporter.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Barrett is a dog

only whimps, gay people and dogs hit from behind as soon as PJ turned around Barrett like the dog he is backed down.

shadow grinder

First Grade
And can someone please explain the rules re the touch judge. When the fight broke out, the touch judge came onto the field (couldn't see if he had raised the flag or not though), shouldn't this instigate an immediate stoppage of play??? None of the commentators discussed this point.
So WTF is going on...

doesnt the on field ref have the ability to disregard the sideline ref tho? like if he thinks its play on then he can scrap what the toucie has to say about.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Barrett: May be seem as Danny Williams if he hasn't knowcked him out

Marsh: May be seen as Hopoate if hadn't missed

Both we're at fault

markstan

Juniors
I thought Marsh hit him with his left fist? as he was going through on Barret's chin. Im not certain but from the replay that's what I thought happened