What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Open to Offers

dazeely

First Grade
with the panthers off loading Gower I'm sure they will have plenty of cash to throw around. With most big name players gone and at such short notice heres hoping they don't look to PJ as his replacement. Would get plenty of game time there one would think.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I just wojder how mujch of an indicator the fact that Marsh has started the last two games from the bench is maybe because he is leaving Hagan is shifting him to the bench or it could be that because Hagan has shifted him to the bench he will leave

dazeely

First Grade
yeh flatch that it is a little concerning. would be a shame. Panthers would be desparate now especially after losing Wallace.

Stagger eel

Staff member
dazeely said:
with the panthers off loading Gower I'm sure they will have plenty of cash to throw around. With most big name players gone and at such short notice heres hoping they don't look to PJ as his replacement. Would get plenty of game time there one would think.

that wouldn't surprise me at all for a number of reasons.

1] he wouldn't have to re-locate his family

2] there is a strong christian connection between Hills song church and some of the Panthers players, PJ would fit in just fine.

3] as you rightly pointed out they now have a position open for the 7 shirt.

4] with Priddis in limbo and Paul Aiton linked to the dogs, pJ marsh will almost become an instant priority for the club.

The Panthers in the meantime will have sign PJ for 3 years which is what he's asking for to leave Parra. That may also be a sticking point.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
I just wojder how mujch of an indicator the fact that Marsh has started the last two games from the bench is maybe because he is leaving Hagan is shifting him to the bench or it could be that because Hagan has shifted him to the bench he will leave

I really don't think it has anything to do with it, Hage's chooses the team that he believes will give our side that edge over the opposition, if a coach starts to choose a side based on the fact that he could be leaving next season than lets pay the coach out and get someone based on results NOW!!

that's my opinion.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I agree with you but just because you don't think it's happening doesn't mean it isn't

I just find it very ironic that as soon as a couple of people post here that he is leaving (and these people have been right about things in the past) that he gets dropped to the bench.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't think Penrith will target PJ for a couple of reasons.

1)Elliot likes to use youngsters. He's a crap coach but he brings young kids through very well. Penrith have the likes of Firman, Richie Williams, Jarrod Sammut and Geoff Daniela who can play in the halves, and whilst they are not proven first graders they all have potential (especially Sammut IMO) and Elliot likes to use those kinds of player.

2)Priddis and Aiton pretty much have to leave for him to play hooker. I've been told at least one is likely to stay, meaning PJ won't get the starting/80 minute role he wants.

3)Penrith have shown a reluctance or inability to sign bigger name players over the years, as have Elliot coached Canberra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
I agree with you but just because you don't think it's happening doesn't mean it isn't

ok, well I don't actually believe that it is happening unless he comes and says it.

Hurriflatch

Referee
there are also reports that Penrith won't be making anymore big name signings (this was before Gower left however)

But I really don't see much changing because they do have Williams, Blair, Firman etc

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's not a half back and Priddis is still at the Panfers

drawing the long bow methinks

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
drawing the long bow methinks

it may actually happen, Gower is on a reported 500K, they are going to have to spend that money else where if they want to competative, but I still believe the sticking point will be that PJ wants a 3 year deal and I've been told that he can't find one anywhere at this stage.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PJ Marshal said:
im amazed manly havnt gone after him with monoghan likely to leave

funnily enough they're actually grooming a junior to play hooker next year, he's namre is Matt Ballan, probably the first Manly junior to be groomed since Beaver in 1992 lol

forward pass

Coach
Suitman said:
Very good news if it comes ture.

Suity

Mind you I asked Matt Johns one night if he was joining the Eels and he said that was a big possibility. Next morning I wake up to the news that he signed with Wigan !!!:lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
forward pass said:
Mind you I asked Matt Johns one night if he was joining the Eels and he said that was a big possibility. Next morning I wake up to the news that he signed with Wigan !!!:lol:

You're a solid source Mr FP. :lol:

Suity

mickdo

Coach
Half the time players don't know what their managers are up to on their behalf in any case, so when you ask the player what their future might be, their truthful answer could be a full 180 from what their manager is currently doing.

Latest posts