What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary Replacement Emerges

The call for JD to take the reigns was purely for the remainder of the year. Any more would be madness while there is a better coaching alternative out there.
Compare us to the Dogs or the Knights. When the Dogs coach was sacked in 2011, Jim Dymock stepped in. Club legend, long time assistant, and achieved a decent turnaround in results in the short time he was in charge. However at seasons end, they didn't offer him a 3 year contract - instead, they sounded out and got the best coach available and it paid dividends immediately.
Knights also - when Stone was sacked they brought in Buderus. No huge turnaround in results, but the players loved him, club legends, etc. Calls from fans to keep him on. But no, they knew they had a job to do so they picked up a coach with proven ability to build a team in the long term. And that will pay dividends over the next couple of years.
No more 'see how he goes'. No more giving chances. Either signed the best coach available (Cleary by a long way) or make one of the other top shelf coaches available and poach him. Simples.
You make it seem rather simple alas its not.

T Smith said thanks but not thanks.
Bellamy and Bennett said the samething.

I get a feeling cleary will have some common sense and say no thanks also.

The simple reason is the board how can any coach trust them and the motives behind any move they have made dubious at best.

Uplifting

Juniors
Very simple as 1 + 1, Ivan Cleary will be our coach, Smith would always do well at the Dragons whether is B or T, JD is really a another role of the dice!
I agree, JD is another role of the dice. But he may be worth being given that chance. All the proven NRL coaches are already at other clubs, so another role of the dice is really the only choice. Could be third time luck?!

St Georgio

Juniors
I agree, JD is another role of the dice. But he may be worth being given that chance. All the proven NRL coaches are already at other clubs, so another role of the dice is really the only choice. Could be third time luck?!
Maybe!

BennyV

Referee
You make it seem rather simple alas its not.

T Smith said thanks but not thanks.
Bellamy and Bennett said the samething.

I get a feeling cleary will have some common sense and say no thanks also.

The simple reason is the board how can any coach trust them and the motives behind any move they have made dubious at best.
Neil Henry or Brad Arthur could have been ours without any fuss. LIkewise Browny.

McGregor got appointed as a mate of the board members. It was a royal f**k up.

Latest posts