What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary safe. But Hornby and Young facing the axe

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The Wallabies have never beaten the AB’s regularly
Yes they have during a short period, I know because my best mate at the time was a Kiwi and we used to watch games all the time, It was good stirring him up. And by regularly I mean we actually won the Bledisloe 4 years in a row from 98-02 I believe , and won the 98 WC and got into the final in the following one, knocking out the ABs to get there.

Gareth67

First Grade
I realize that I am not the only one to recall the days when just about all coaches didn’t have ‘ assistant coaches ‘ , they were smart enough to do the job themselves.

Good ‘ole Harry Bath , Jack Gibson etc. etc. and of course the many captain/coaches Provan - Kearney and Chook Raper , far too many to name .

The point being that the game has changed so much over the last 50 odd years that there have been many advancements for the better and a few that have unfortunately been to the detriment of the game , IMO , assistant coaches are one of those.

The coach should have the freedom to make all adjustments to his team and as such should not only receive due recognition for success , but also bear the burden of failure.

Once again , IMO , 5 years is more then enough time to prove your worth in any sport , regardless of how many assistants one may have , the time for change has well and truly past as far as our Dragons are concerned.

Last edited:

Latest posts