What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary's interview...

Efresh

Coach
Maybe they corrected it, but it says "inaugural co-captain" now. As in, 1999.

Edit - beaten.

Rex Terp

First Grade
Might have been nice to mention that he'll be supporting and assisting the head coach or at least make some mention of him.

redbreed

Juniors
[QUOTI =TonyTrugett;9667576;42485]Been to the Peter Doust speach school[/QUOTE]

Haha I thought the exact same thing. Might be Doust's lovechild

watatank

Coach
Might have been nice to mention that he'll be supporting and assisting the head coach or at least make some mention of him.

Yeah, agreed. I liked much of what McGregor had to say but he sounded too much like someone who was gunning for the head coach role or going beyond his clearly defined role. Hope the coaching staff can work together next season.

moik

Bench
Certainly has a lot of Doust's mannerisms.

Speaks very well. Appears confident and intelligent. Polar opposite of Supercoach.

moik

Bench
Yeah, agreed. I liked much of what McGregor had to say but he sounded too much like someone who was gunning for the head coach role or going beyond his clearly defined role. Hope the coaching staff can work together next season.
I got that feeling too.

I reckon he thinks the job is his after rd 6 2014. I've always been a McGregor fan. Loved the way he played. I'm confident he'll end up as a good coach.

Twenty10

Juniors
He should be our coach. Everything he said was what Steve price was incapable of saying all year.

blacksafake

First Grade
He surprised me a bit with the way he spoke.Some things I found interesting were.
1 The passion in his voice when he talked about the club.
2 Players to be held accountable for their performances- unlike this season.
3 His observation(like everyone else except price) that the players had no clue what to do when they ran onto the field.
4 He wants the players to be "unhappy" losers.

He was a fine attacking player so lets hope he can help in this department.

saint.nick

Coach
What coaches say and etc may all count for nothing. Look at Trent Robinson. He has a lot of similarities to Price; clearly does not look like the most passionate bloke. He's very grounded and reserved, and very polite, but yet, his team just won the premiership.

blacksafake

First Grade
What coaches say and etc may all count for nothing. Look at Trent Robinson. He has a lot of similarities to Price; clearly does not look like the most passionate bloke. He's very grounded and reserved, and very polite, but yet, his team just won the premiership.

He did have some good cattle to work with.

st.phil

Bench
Was surprised by Mary's interview...pre pre-season words always sound good...but he hit the right areas for mine. Now - go watch the Price interview...the same unintelligible dribble.

He surprised me a bit with the way he spoke.Some things I found interesting were.
1 The passion in his voice when he talked about the club.
2 Players to be held accountable for their performances- unlike this season.
3 His observation(like everyone else except price) that the players had no clue what to do when they ran onto the field.
4 He wants the players to be "unhappy" losers.

He was a fine attacking player so lets hope he can help in this department.

These are pretty much the same pts I got out of the interview. And I am buoyed by not just what he said but how.

I know I may make too much of how a man speaks, but if you are paid to lead, then you Need to act and speak like a leader. If you can't articulate intelligently then you need to communicate with conviction using some other quality, be it passion, determination, confidence whatever. Or of course just deliver the results, that does all the talking for you!

I like what I heard based on the Blacksafake list above.

In Response to the question 'what do the Dragons Need to do in 2014' Mary came right out and said what we really want to hear, and the Players Need to know. We Need to WIN! I don't think I've ever heard Steve Price say that. With the use of words like "consistency" and "Dragons footy" or even "our own Standards" ...always vague, open to Interpretation and seemingly an out clause. Win - it's that simple. If you can't say the word how are players supposed to develop a winning culture, or know how to win?

So many times i thought Steve Price just gave lipservice at interviews - although his last one with John Stanley is IMO a little better.

And, I like how Paul McGregor identifies with fans - that "...we shouldn't spoil their Weekends" by not even being competitive.

Finally, I think the way he talks is more consistent with Laurie Daley, then Peter Doust.

Latest posts