What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason release a done deal

How filthy must you Doggies fans be? The dogs have let go of so much talent to keep this monkey on a leash and then he goes and does this to you. He should have been punted when he started talkin about NFL last year. His heart hasn't been in it since, and you just knew that he was looking for an out.

Maybe Souths will allow you to buy Asotasi back in about 4 years time! :sarcasm:

Dave Q said:
He'll only come to realise the error of his ways... when its all too late.

Another career wasted.

The bulldogs have done a lot for him, thats why they feel ripped off.

Souths do not need him, he's a bad influence.

Honestly,does any club really need him.He is not going to change.The same problems at Canterbury will reappear in time at his new club.

Skinner

Coach
_Johnsy said:
wonder if the doggies fans will say the same thing if they grab the spoon in 08, which is looking like a real possibility IMO.

And you reach that conclusion how ??

smeghead

Bench
Dogs fans can look at it from a positive though.

For the last few seasons their forward orientated game plans have fallen apart at the business end of the season.

Gives them a chance to re-strategise for the future around a game plan with greater freedom based around playing styles like SBW

CowMan

Juniors
Mason 2 cowboys would be interesting
1 bowen
6(forget his name)
7jt
8 tronc
9 payne
10 southern
11 webb
12 mason
13 lod

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Such an avid fan... can't even remember your own five-eighth's name. :lol:

As Skinner alluded to above by questioning the spoon reference - we don't rely on Mason and tbh never have. We can get results without him and as was also said, we can create new styles and a new brand of football... it should be interesting.

MattJ

Juniors
CowMan said:
Mason 2 cowboys would be interesting
1 bowen
6(forget his name)
7jt
8 tronc
9 payne
10 southern
11 webb
12 mason
13 lod

would your 6 be Travis burns?

although this whole saga has been a strain on the club, i guess at least bulldogs supporters can seek a small amount of comfort in the fact that there club wont be bent over by selfish attitudes of self indulgent players. Considering Masons form was not really near his career best last season, and the amount of scrutiny he puts his team mates under with his constant outlandish remarks, it shows an enormous level of arrogance to make the ultimatums he has been reported to of been demanding.

_Johnsy

Referee
Skinner said:
And you reach that conclusion how ??

It's called an opinion, they are imploding and it will affect their performances in 08. Look at the forward pack they will field, then the 1/2's. Not looking good for them IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
The Bulldogs are "imploding" in November 2007 and that's completely indicative of how their entire 2008 season will run? I'll drop you a hint. There's 4+ months until a ball is kicked in 2008. Plenty left to happen between then and now.

But you are right - you're entitled to an opinion, even if it is ill-informed :cool:

Timmah

Staff member
MattJ said:
would your 6 be Travis burns?

although this whole saga has been a strain on the club, i guess at least bulldogs supporters can seek a small amount of comfort in the fact that there club wont be bent over by selfish attitudes of self indulgent players. Considering Masons form was not really near his career best last season, and the amount of scrutiny he puts his team mates under with his constant outlandish remarks, it shows an enormous level of arrogance to make the ultimatums he has been reported to of been demanding.

Only time Mason every really stepped up in 2007 was SOO & Australia. Save for maybe that Manly game in R15 the rest of his year was pretty damn ordinary.

Skinner

Coach
_Johnsy said:
It's called an opinion, they are imploding and it will affect their performances in 08. Look at the forward pack they will field, then the 1/2's. Not looking good for them IMO.

I actually think that they are taking one giant step in the right direction.

I guess by September next year we will all know, but I do thing it's a little
previous for that sort of prediction.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Parra will not have him for two reasons.

One we are trying to resign Inu & Hayne

Two Fitzgerald has come out on the radio and said no to Mason when the news first broke.

if willie wants to stay in the NRL he is going to have to take a pay cut i'd say and none of this bugger all money one year and triple the next. what a prat he is. i hope canavan sticks to his word and doesn't sign him we only have to look at chris walker as an example of signing a dumb merkin

bulldogs get the spoon? willie will be a huge loss but they'll be sniffing around next year.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
they are imploding
A lot of Dogs fans will deny it but they have been imploding (or on the verge of imploding) since Bullfrog died. I was speaking to a Dogs fan today and he said the same thing.

Yes they won a comp, but it was with a team that came together on the back of a salary cap cheat, and the coach and (most of) the players stuck together that year DESPITE what was happening off field, not because of it.

They've been a basketcase since the Godfather left the 'family club'.

Dogaholic

First Grade
What ever happens in 08 is irrelevant I guess.

I am not really expecting much. As a supporter I will be giving them a 2 year grace period to recoup from the loss of Mason, Tonga and Maitua (did i just say that out loud?).

In the end we will have a hell of a lot to spend. Quite a few promising juniors and a climb back to the top.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

As opposed to Parramatta who've gotten used to systemic failure for now what's looking on to 22 years? FMD... glass houses much?

Timmah

Staff member
Dogaholic said:
What ever happens in 08 is irrelevant I guess.

I am not really expecting much. As a supporter I will be giving them a 2 year grace period to recoup from the loss of Mason, Tonga and Maitua (did i just say that out loud?).

In the end we will have a hell of a lot to spend. Quite a few promising juniors and a climb back to the top.

Without a source... I certainly hope not. Hearsay is a no-no on this forum.

Lego_Man

First Grade
This is the end of Mason as a force in the NRL. He'll either go to SL and fade into obscurity, or stay in the NRL and implode in a drink and drug-fuelled mess. Either way, he's really lost the plot with this latest saga. What other club would put up with his sh*t? He may be good to get the team's name in the papers, but he's a destructive influence on team morale with his self-centred superstar attitude.

Latest posts