What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason rips into Great Britain team!

WJ

Juniors
Ahead of Australia's showdown with the lions, star prop forward willie mason has added more fuel to the fire that this Lions team simply aren't up to it.

Gb were narrowley edged out by the kiwis in christchurch on saturday but mason believes the scorleine falttered Gb, he said

''I thought the kiwis were always in control. They knew what they were doing and kept it tough and tight. I think on another night with less pressure they could really have given the poms a going over''

However for large periods of the game the poms looked to build good field position, and mason cited this as the big difference

''Poms attack was pretty pathetic to say the least. The amount of overlaps and try scoring oportunities they bombed was hilarious. They have some guns in the squad but as a team they are laughable. They won't beat us next week, that's for sure''

The lions face a rampant aussie outfit in sydney next week, and will be up against it right from the start.

Taken from sportinglife.com

OVP

Coach
LOL @ Mason. Two games vs the Roosters this year, Mason was too scared to run up the middle while Morley was on the field. When Morley went off ... Mason owned. I guess he's a smart guy then :lol:

deluded pom?

Coach
Let the Aussies do all the talking . If they do as they say they will then so what . If they don't then we Poms will let them know about it .

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
So Mason got further brain injury from the Kidwell shot...I didnt think that was possible......first he makes Glen Mcgrath look almost not ugly then he makes him look like the voice of reason...

....Dr Wankenstein must have been shipped off with all the other immigrants to come up with creatures like this....

NZ controlled the game??? A break away try...a lucky try, a wank Aussie ref and a biased video ref...erm that helped a bit

WJ

Juniors
Willie mason is a fat, ugly, dirty, stupid, rude, ignorant, cocky, arrogant ocker piece of turd.

Nathan B

Juniors
You guys a f*cking hilarious. See a headline or a thread title about Willie's talk and you're so quick to give it to the guy you completely forget to read what he said. For your benefit I'll repeat the quotes...

'I thought the kiwis were always in control. They knew what they were doing and kept it tough and tight. I think on another night with less pressure they could really have given the poms a going over''

''Poms attack was pretty pathetic to say the least. The amount of overlaps and try scoring oportunities they bombed was hilarious. They have some guns in the squad but as a team they are laughable. They won't beat us next week, that's for sure''

Have truer words been spoken?

I think you'll find that at least 80% of people who watched the game would agree with Willie on this. But, you know, don't let that stop you guys with the name-calling.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Nathan B said:

Have truer words been spoken?

he's 100% correct. the number of overlaps they created was ridiuclous. what was funnier was that they didnt think to pass the ball to the unmarked players :crazy:

the gb team looked like a bunch of reserve graders and if they play like that this weekend there'll be another 64 points put on them

innsaneink

Referee
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
So Mason got further brain injury from the Kidwell shot...I didnt think that was possible......first he makes Glen Mcgrath look almost not ugly then he makes him look like the voice of reason...

....Dr Wankenstein must have been shipped off with all the other immigrants to come up with creatures like this....

NZ controlled the game??? A break away try...a lucky try, a wank Aussie ref and a biased video ref...erm that helped a bit

The whinging pom is alive and well. :crazy:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I partly agree with Mason here. The amount of oppurtunities that presented themselves within 10m was actually quite laughable. I've stated it in another thread, but if GB use that same gameplan against us, they won't stand a chance. They were getting an overlap, getting good postition, and then making cut out passes to players 20m back from the line and giving the defence the oppurtunity to cover the overlap and rush up.

GB never really looked like crossing until NZ fell asleep in the last 20. I think we'll see some great midfield play from the Poms again this Saturday, but someone should probably inform them that trys are scored at the end of the field.

I agree with 2 people MASON and SKINNER.

Mason is right, GB wont beat Australia on that form.

And I agree SKINNER, who the hell mad MAson the Aussie spokesmen hahahahaha

panthersballboy

Juniors
Whatever you think about Big Willie, he has certainly made this series memorable. I can't wait to get there on saturday night. I'm expecting some fireworks after this.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
what willie has said is 100% agreeable. However, a professional player in a opposition team should not be commenting like that. By saying these things he is just abasing himself and taking down the whole australia with him. These comments should be only kept within the team and is only appropriate to be spoken with mates. Never with the press. Stupid Willie....

JJ

Immortal
the only issue I have is that Mason said was that there was no way the Poms would beat them - comes off a bit arrogant.

The rest is true, the Poms were pretty awful against us... we were marginally less awful

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Yeah yeah Masons right, but its only gonna fire up old Moz, enjoy another concussion Mason!!another pair of those bug eyed sunglasses to!! :cool: better start stackin up on those panadols!!

ByRd

First Grade
Man, i love ya big willie lol he just speaks his mind and doesnt say the usual talk and he actually says what everyone is thinking. People might not agree with it but i for one would rather players speaking the truth and what they really feel then spotting the cliche. Bring on the poms on sat night, fire up aussies!!!

Latest posts