What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive Eel News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
On a related note (thought I'd discuss this in here rather than start a new thread)...Brett White is apparently still off contract and in talks with the Dogs. Whilst I think they will offer more than we could (and knowing them, more than he is worth), I would like to see Parra offer him a deal. He could be that bit extra we are looking for up front...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll try and post and accurate summary of players under contract for next year later, when I get some time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bazal said:
On a related note (thought I'd discuss this in here rather than start a new thread)...Brett White is apparently still off contract and in talks with the Dogs. Whilst I think they will offer more than we could (and knowing them, more than he is worth), I would like to see Parra offer him a deal. He could be that bit extra we are looking for up front...

I dare say, that we wouldn't be able to offord him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tbh I wouldn't think so either...but if you don't make an offer, you'll never know...

MrT

Juniors
Bazal said:

Actually I wouldn't go anywhere near him. I'd wrap up Junior Paulo. He's big and he takes the ball up powerfully. Would come a lot cheaply.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fui attracts a massive offer from the UK in the next year or 2.
Didn't Rahuihi go for something like 600k.

Junior is a good prop for the future

Pazza

First Grade
hindmarsh4pm said:
id rather concentrate on blokes like paulo and taia instead of signing white

:lol::lol::lol: jesus, i love how people get SOO quality players mixed up with PL ones

Pazza

First Grade
white is a animal, he would have played alot better on Wednesday night if dirty Carroll didn't destroy his face

having white in our pack would make me splat my pants

Bazal

Post Whore
Pazza said:
white is a animal, he would have played alot better on Wednesday night if dirty Carroll didn't destroy his face

having white in our pack would make me splat my pants

Exactly...he is the type of player we desperately need. Sure you can develop guys but that takes time. Signing one prop is not going to break the bank, injects some new blood up front and allows us to slot the type of player we need in straight away. White is a machine, but playing Origin has probably pushed his value past what we could pay, plus the Dogs will be able to offer more than us anyway. Ben Cross would be a good buy though...

Pazza

First Grade
ben cross is definitely someone i'd go for along with Steve southern

ive said this before but, our best years come after we
1.have some awesome juniors enter first grade
2.we make some key signings

we have already got 1 and i reckon we will sign some handy players too

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah Southern would be a good buy, but then with the back rowers we have I don't think we could really offer him much of a spot at Parra...I'd personally be after props. But, of course, I'm not the club, so you never now

Avenger

Immortal
I would sign Petero Civoniceva to a 2 year deal. he would be able to show players like Cordoba and Paulo what being a prop is all about. He could have the same influence that Dean Pay had on Cayless and Paul Stringer had when he arrived heere in 2005.

Petro is still number 2 in metres gained in the comp. He would in my eyes be the ideal player to sign.

MrT

Juniors
Pazza said:
:lol::lol::lol: jesus, i love how people get SOO quality players mixed up with PL ones

Pazza,

I'd love to see White run at Paulo.
So what did White achieve the other night, nothing else but brain damage. He got hammered.

Who's to say Paulo wouldn't be a better player than White once he's played the equivalent amount of 1st grade games.

Paulo went off the rails a bit but he's coming back very strongly.

I wouldn't be laughing about Taia either, he could be anything still, big strong and agressive.

If I had of said Mateo would be getting offeres of 240k at the beginning of the year, you would have laughed at that also

Bazal

Post Whore
Avenger said:
I would sign Petero Civoniceva to a 2 year deal. he would be able to show players like Cordoba and Paulo what being a prop is all about. He could have the same influence that Dean Pay had on Cayless and Paul Stringer had when he arrived heere in 2005.

Petro is still number 2 in metres gained in the comp. He would in my eyes be the ideal player to sign.

I'd love Petro at Parra....but can't see us ever being able to match any offers from Brissy or other clubs for him, he's just worth too much

Avenger

Immortal
Petero has to take a pay cut to stay at Brisbane. If we offerred $350,000 we coul get him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Petero has to take a pay cut to stay at Brisbane. If we offerred $350,000 we coul get him.

Tbh I seriously doubt we have that kind of cash to throw around...

Pazza

First Grade
MrT said:
Pazza,

I'd love to see White run at Paulo.
So what did White achieve the other night, nothing else but brain damage. He got hammered.

Who's to say Paulo wouldn't be a better player than White once he's played the equivalent amount of 1st grade games.

Paulo went off the rails a bit but he's coming back very strongly.

I wouldn't be laughing about Taia either, he could be anything still, big strong and agressive.

If I had of said Mateo would be getting offeres of 240k at the beginning of the year, you would have laughed at that also

lots of ifs and buts

white is a proven player