What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive Eel News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
All those guys we just re-signed would have got upgrades...then you have the recent upgrade to Jarryd's deal, the guys we already have under contract, probable upgrades to a few more juniors....it eats the cap up faster than you think.

fish eel

Immortal
yeah, i thought tahu was like 400 plus cos thats what the tele said when he first signed for us, so surely we've got that cash free?

Pazza

First Grade
we have lost so many players, sure we have upgraded a few contracts but seriously we must have some money. i can only think of cayless, hindmash and ridell that would be on 300k and over. how can a club like manly sign guys on 400k+ contracts and still have money to throw around

Bazal

Post Whore
A good chunk of that money has most likely gone into topping up all those fancy new deals we just gave the young kids...

eelz47

Coach
i was sure white signed with melb???

but i think we need new blood in the squad, who did we sign this year???

Ian, retiring at years end

Richie, showd goods if playing with velcro gloves

and everybodies favourite player FINCHIe

new players, more forwards than back.but just who?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
we have lost so many players, sure we have upgraded a few contracts but seriously we must have some money. i can only think of cayless, hindmash and ridell that would be on 300k and over. how can a club like manly sign guys on 400k+ contracts and still have money to throw around

Hayne
Grothe
Timmy
Benny
PJ
INU
Mateo
Finch
Moimoi
Green
Taia
Weller

are all on good money or have recently signed upgraded deals don't kid yourself about the supposed money we have at our disposal because it ain't much at all..

The sort of players we lost, mainly O'Dwyer, Peterson, Delaney, Widders and even Morris weren't on a great deal at all and we're all bought on the cheap.

Pazza

First Grade
eelavation said:
Hayne
Grothe
Timmy
Benny
PJ
INU
Mateo
Finch
Moimoi
Green
Taia
Weller

are all on good money or have recently signed upgraded deals don't kid yourself about the supposed money we have at our disposal because it ain't much at all..

The sort of players we lost, mainly O'Dwyer, Peterson, Delaney, Widders and even Morris weren't on a great deal at all and we're all bought on the cheap.

yes i understand that the players above have had contract upgrades but green, taia, weller and inu would all be on peanuts. BS, TS and moimoi all on average first grader salaries with only mateo, grothe, finch and marsh comanding above average wages. plus there is also the prospect of marsh leaving the club.

we have also lost players such as tahu, morrison and stringer (marsh too maybe?)

too be honest i got no idea what the money situation is like but i'd imagine that with so many first graders leaving the club then surely we must have some money to pick up a couple of signings. i think people on this board over estimate the value of some of our players. one post someone said TS and mateo where signed on 300k each

Pazza

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Mateo would've went from $60,000 to $250,000 overnite, i understand our money going now.

didnt mateo geta 'massive' offer of 240k from manly but knocked it back for less to stay at parra?

stuke

Bench
whatever happens in regards to signings i think it is important to pick up one or two new guys just to freshen the squad up and bring in some new ideas. we didn't sign anyone for 2006 and struggled at the start (though i know this was due to various other factors as well)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
yes i understand that the players above have had contract upgrades but green, taia, weller and inu would all be on peanuts. BS, TS and moimoi all on average first grader salaries with only mateo, grothe, finch and marsh comanding above average wages. plus there is also the prospect of marsh leaving the club.

we have also lost players such as tahu, morrison and stringer (marsh too maybe?)

too be honest i got no idea what the money situation is like but i'd imagine that with so many first graders leaving the club then surely we must have some money to pick up a couple of signings. i think people on this board over estimate the value of some of our players. one post someone said TS and mateo where signed on 300k each

the problem is Pazza you are speculating and you're right you have no idea...we all have no idea of the situation because it's never disclosed but just consider that players like Taia and Green moved into the 25 this year by getting upgrades which also includes bonuses for every firstgrade game they play.

I've given up speculating our cap situation a long time ago, all I'm saying is there's no real evidence to suggest that there's a pot of gold under there due the amount of investment we've made on those young players especially those wha have developed a regular firstgrade spot and have turned out to be rep players.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Thank Christ for that, I thought we were going to lose Mateo for sure! I'm thrilled that we signed these players! and resigned the old head in Wagon, showing he is a true clubman.

Matt Keating is a 5/8th isn't he? i suppose we are going to lose Blake Green? oh well can't keep them all.

I guess all we have to do now is upgrade the contracts of Inu and Hayne next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Agent Mulder said:
Thank Christ for that, I thought we were going to lose Mateo for sure! I'm thrilled that we signed these players! and resigned the old head in Wagon, showing he is a true clubman.

Matt Keating is a 5/8th isn't he? i suppose we are going to lose Blake Green? oh well can't keep them all.

I guess all we have to do now is upgrade the contracts of Inu and Hayne next year.

Matt is the hooker his brother Kris is still off contract and we're still talking to him, Blake's not lost yet.

Agent Mulder

Bench
eelavation said:
Matt is the hooker his brother Kris is still off contract and we're still talking to him, Blake's not lost yet.

Oh ok good, I'm just so glad we got Mateo locked up for a few years, What a great player he is and the future of this club.

Pazza

First Grade
eelavation said:
the problem is Pazza you are speculating

arn't you aswell?

look we all have no idea about the state of the salary cap at our club so why not just have fun debating it

Pazza said:
arn't you aswell?

look we all have no idea about the state of the salary cap at our club so why not just have fun debating it

I will tell you this much,

I am in contact with the people who command our salary cap, believe me when I say to you that I completely believe them when they say we have not much left.

Unless you want to go get an internship with Ian Schubert you are never going to know.

Oh and that is another thing, knowing people at other clubs and thier absolute fear of Ian Schubert. Trust me all teams are playing to the cap.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Pazza said:
arn't you aswell?

Id agree with that.

There's no harm done with speculating, thats part of the fun especially during seasons where your team isn't going to well, and supporters start clinging to hope in the new season and new player signings.

Its all just fun, and harmless quizzing!

Latest posts